TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

southern california trips n' more!!

so, as the title suggests, i headed on down to knotts berry farm last friday to be one of the first ever riders on hangtime!! and incase you don't want to watch my full review (link is below), i'll give you my slightly sarcastic review that is sure to make the ride look worse than it already is. so, i headed on down with the intention of quickly getting in a couple rides and being out within an hour or so (spoiler: HAHAHAHA), and after a brisk 30 second security/entrance line i was ready for small crowds and a quickly moving line (spoiler: HAHAHAHA). i hopped in what looked for be a relatively small line, especially for a new coaster, and estimated that i'd be on in just a little bit. 40 minutes later, i was stapled in the front row and looking up at the sky while ascending before diving down the best coaster drop i'd ever experienced, and overall, just a fantastic ride. after hitting up a couple other attractions, i couldn't wait to get in another ride but this time with the light package!! the line looked shorter than before, so i was pumped to be riding again in just 40 short minutes (spoiler: HAHAHAHA), and 40 sluggish minutes later, i had gotten through just a little over half the line, so i hunkered down with the 11% battery left on my phone and got ready. luckily, only 30 minutes later, i was back on the ride in the 3rd row ready for a just as good experience (spoiler: HAHAHAHA) only to be disappointed that everything besides the drop wasn't as good. i then grabbed a quick night ride on back row xcelerator, which had a furious rattle, and headed on out. overall a fantastic day, except for the lackluster operations the 2nd time around on hangtime!! usually dispatches were right around 2:00, but on that 2nd lap, they were pushing 3:30 for a short while. so anyways, onto the photos!!

-

here's the link to my in-depth hangtime ride review!! if you'd like to just few a couple photos and do not want to view this review, please scroll below!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWlZz3z3Qmg

IMG_4882.thumb.jpg.c8ff50b88b3f5577b4dadc98f3b901ef.jpg

i would say hangtime's drop is pretty snappy, but xcelerator's cable has already got that covered

IMG_4906.thumb.jpg.fe221413576b82f1384e40bac0870997.jpg

hangtime's corkscrew: sponsored by snapple

IMG_4913.thumb.jpg.3a1d2d07ae8662dc54cabed22b6b4887.jpg

you probably could have read this entire trip report in the time it took for them to dispatch one train on hangtime!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic