Maui sands indoor waterpark to be on Hotel impossible

Sandusky Ohio indoor waterpark to be on popular TV show.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Maui sands indoor waterpark to be on Hotel impossible

Postby cpfan17 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I can tell you about Maui Sands since the filming of the show. I can't share an insight to the filming of the show was not present there at the time. Many of the employees that are on the show confirmed that things were pretty accurate to what the show portrayed.

After the show the former owners that were shown on the show started to treat for the roach issue. They tried a few different providers to deal with the bedbug issue. They also added a CPO certified pool operator to the staff and hired an experienced maintenance technician. The pool temperature issues were resolved shortly after the addition of those two employees.

Then the former owners decided to get out of Maui Sands and New owners/management took over in July. Immediately new ownership hired one of the best pest management companies in the area. The same company that services many of the similar properties. They went through every public area and guestroom for any and all pest (Roach, Bedbugs, Mice, etc..)

The staff was brought into deep clean all the food service areas. Almost the entire building received some sort of cleaning or refurbishing. The carpet was removed and changed in many rooms that had terrible carpet. The rooms that had good carpet had their carpets cleaned. All of the HVAC units in the rooms were cleaned and serviced.

There has been a lot of progress made from the time the show was recorded. My first few weeks of experience reports of roaches or bed bugs were not uncommon. I personally saw roaches a few times early on but saw they had pest companies working on them. They drastically reduced after two months. Then the new pest company took over and went room by room and through all public space. Any complaints of pest issue are almost nonexistent. The new management/owners take it serious and the new pest company is called on for any report of even a suspected issue.

While it is not a brand new property the worst bedbug infestation is not a fitting title for the current condition. The pest company should get all the credit for eliminating what was a real bad situation.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby disownedpear » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am

At least I can tell people I stayed in a hotel with one of the world's largest bedbug infestations. Went in 2012, anyone know if it was as bad then or I just dodged a bullet or what? Luckily didn't get bed bugs.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:29 am

disownedpear wrote:At least I can tell people I stayed in a hotel with one of the world's largest bedbug infestations. Went in 2012, anyone know if it was as bad then or I just dodged a bullet or what? Luckily didn't get bed bugs.

We must have dodged a bullet as well. I think it was 2014-2015 that we visited.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Looks like the hotel is changing hands once again. The new owners said that the old wing will be torn down, and they will push day passes more to make up for the lost rooms.

They also said that some improvements are coming to the water park as well like slip resistant steps.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!