TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parque Warner Madrid BATMAN VR COASTER 2017 and more!

Hi all!

Exciting news are coming to Parque Warner Madrid! As next year will be the 15 anniversary of the park, there is a pack of new rides and experiences comming this 2017.

The user HollywoodStar (whose rumours usually happen to become true) shared on CAPTE.org the different news of the park coming next year:

- New animations (March 2017)

- Renewal of Hollywood Parade (March 2017)

- Renewal of "Warner Nights", special 15 years (July 2017)

- NEW "Justice League Splash Zone" - Warner Beach water park (July 2017) [CONFIRMED (1)]

- NEW interactive dark ride "Battle of the Justice League DC Comics" (October 2017) [PARTIALLY CONFIRMED (2)]

Plus,

- NEW Batman: la Fuga virtual reality coaster [CONFIRMED (1)]

(1) Recently, Parques Reunidos published it's financial results. In the document, there was a section for next year's new projects, which included details on the new water park expansion and the new virtual reality coaster.

(2) The director of the park, Diego Gracia, confirmed that a new ride would replace the Batman simulator (Batman: la Sombra del Murciélago) in late 2017 (

)

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPLASH ZONE

According to Vicarpi's user in CAPTE.org analysis of the artworks, these would be the new slides that would be added to the water park:

"- Superman (red-blue): 6 track raced slides

- Wonder Woman (red): closed and vertical slide, possibly capsule. Possibly with a loop, the first of it's kind in the peninsula.

- Wonder Woman (yellow): closed slide with to two curls.

- Batman (yellow-black): closed slide, given the size it could be for floats.

- Joker (purple-green): closed slide, given the size it could be for floats.

- Harley Quinn (red-black): closed slide, given the size it could be for floats as well."

This area is already under construction. 8 million € will be invested in this expansion.

BATTLE OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DC COMICS 4D DARK RIDE

Little we know about this project. Even though it has not been officially confirmed that it will be a Justice League Dark Ride, we do know that it will open on late 2017 and it will replace the batman simulator ride in the Gotham City area of the park.

The new ride is said to be manufactured by the Sally Corporation, and it will be similar to the Justice League's dark rides in Movie World Australia and Six Flags parks. Even though it has not been confirmed, it makes sense: the Justice League debuted this year with meet and greets and Warner Beach's expansion will be themed on these characters.

The ride will be placed in an already existing building that recreates Bruce Wayne's mansion, so the construction process won't be visible. However, there are reports of construction trucks working behind the building.

Some rumours say that the opening might be postponed until 2018 to be presented as new ride of the season, as 2017 will already bring new experiences (slides and virtual reality), which might be the reason for which the ride doesn't appear in Parques Reunidos' financial results document.

BATMAN: LA FUGA VIRTUAL REALITY

Parques Reunidos' financial results document also announces a new virtual reality roller coaster called "Batman's Scape Warner". The document does not explicitly announce that this coaster is Batman: la Fuga, but since there are no other Batman coasters or Warner parks in the group, there is no other possibility. Besides, Batman: la Fuga is translated as Batman: the Scape, which is almost what the document says (Batman's Scape).

Parques Reunidos already implanted virtual reality in a roller coaster in Bobbejaaland.

1710279941_ScreenShot2016-11-29at12_04_06.png.cf7960aa83da9f8499e362e824f3bf01.png

Batman: la Fuga to be converted into a virtual reality roller coaster. Sky Coaster at Kennywood also will incorporate this technology.

229968485_ScreenShot2016-11-29at12_04_16.png.599f4724e1bdffc8f064fc63b457d715.png

The Warner Beach water park will have a new 8 million € expansion with slides themed after DC Superheroes

Edited by torrecillailla

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to see this park is still around and has some visitors, I went when it first opened in 2002 and there was nobody there. We were riding all the coasters with mostly empty trains which was sad for a park that was still in it's first few months of operation. Six Flags at the time was in a rough spell and I remember thinking "wow this is actually really well themed for a Six Flags park!" (I guess its easier when a bunch of foreign investors are paying for it). I think Warner Bros had high hopes for a European park that could compete with Disneyland Paris and Port Aventura and pretty much fell flat on their face.

Sadly the only new coaster they've gotten since then is a kids coaster, although they did get a waterpark in 2014. I wonder if the place makes money.

I'm glad to see this park is still around and has some visitors, I went when it first opened in 2002 and there was nobody there. We were riding all the coasters with mostly empty trains which was sad for a park that was still in it's first few months of operation. Six Flags at the time was in a rough spell and I remember thinking "wow this is actually really well themed for a Six Flags park!" (I guess its easier when a bunch of foreign investors are paying for it). I think Warner Bros had high hopes for a European park that could compete with Disneyland Paris and Port Aventura and pretty much fell flat on their face.

Sadly the only new coaster they've gotten since then is a kids coaster, although they did get a waterpark in 2014. I wonder if the place makes money.

They're definitely getting better. Between 2010 and 2014, they grew from 600.000 guests to 1.6 million guests and is still gorwing. They've mainly been focusing on the Spanish for a number of years (to the point where quite a few Spanish enthusiats would rate PW over PA) but they have said they they are hoping to open up to a more international market in the next few year by making more investments and even opening an on-site hotel (I believe plans for this may have fallen through as this was reported to be for 2017).

Is Coaster Express as boring and pointless as it looks?

Yes, with a large dose of pain.

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone!!

Yesterday, Parque Warner Madrid inagurated the new VR experience in it's coaster: Batman: La fuga

This time, the park opted to retheme the ride to match the experience of the VR. The coaster name has change to: Batman Arkham Asylum, with a complete rheteme of the qeu and the station.

Here's a video that shows a little bit more about the new experience:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Looks like they have reused most of the VR footage from Movie World's Arkham Asylum Coaster in Australia. Not a bad thing by any means as IMO the VR worked wonders on the attraction here and is a very solid addition.