Happy Valley Chongqing Goes Vertical

New B&M Wing Coaster POV
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Happy Valley Chongqing Goes Vertical

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Remember the lime green B&M track seen at the factory we saw here a while back?
It has finally shown up and gone vertical at the new under construction Happy Valley park in Chongqing
The park is also due to get a GCI wooden coaster which has wood on site already but no vertical construction

Chonwing1.jpg

Chonwing2.jpg

Look closely here for an artists impression of how the new ride will look
Last edited by Gutterflower on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:08 pm.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Happy Valley Chongqing Goes Vertical

Postby JordyC » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:51 am

When this opens, there will be 4 B&M wing coasters in China, right? That's awesome!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby pattyboy60 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:09 am

I like how all the Happy Valleys at least look different. I will go to China one day to do some of the hundreds of parks that are currently being built there + there are so many B&M's over there!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby theredskull84 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 am

Loving the color of that track

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 am

JordyC wrote:When this opens, there will be 4 B&M wing coasters in China, right? That's awesome!

As this will open in late 2017 this will actually be the second to open of five. There is Parrot Coaster at Ocean Kingdom already open and the one at Hotgo Park which is built but won't open until 2018.
There are then two more at Wanda Wuxi and Colourful Yunan which havent gone vertical yet and open in 2018/19.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
JordyC wrote:When this opens, there will be 4 B&M wing coasters in China, right? That's awesome!

As this will open in late 2017 this will actually be the second to open of five. There is Parrot Coaster at Ocean Kingdom already open and the one at Hotgo Park which is built but won't open until 2018.
There are then two more at Wanda Wuxi and Colourful Yunan which havent gone vertical yet and open in 2018/19.

Gutterflower, I want to thank you for compiling all this info. These projects are so obscure to us so it great that you're keeping track!

Where do these images usually come from?
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:05 pm

chickenbowl wrote:Gutterflower, I want to thank you for compiling all this info. These projects are so obscure to us so it great that you're keeping track!

Where do these images usually come from?

As always my pleasure.

As for where. thats a tricky question as it tends to be a lot of places. In this instance it is their official Weibo page
http://www.weibo.com/5576040030/album?from=reclayer&wvr=5&fluffy, fluffy bunny=tabalbum#profile_tab
I believe you won't be able to see it as you have to be a member of Weibo. Which is tricky to do sometimes but I believe they now at least have English signups.
I have most major Chinese parks followed and bookmarked on here so I quite often see what they post quickly

Another useful site i often use is gaoloumi.com which is essentially a chinese version of Skyscrapercity. But again you need an account to see most of the pictures
http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=904035&extra=&page=233

Baidu is also handy. This page for roller coasters is used often by the Roller Coaster Dream club members.
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%B9%FD%C9%BD%B3%B5

My friends and the RCD members themselves quite often send some pictures my way as well.
So a few different places. When pictures come from a particular member i try and give credit but sometimes especially with Chinese news sites its really tough to figure out where the original pictures came from. The Chinese news agencies have no issues with just using whatever pictures.

As an update. Heres some pictures of the GCI wood also now on site at this park
Chon1.jpg

Chon2.jpg

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Blatch » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:11 am

Kewl.

So it's gonna have the standard dive drop, zero-g roll, vertical loop, and... something something straight track? I would hope for there to be an obscured airtime hill. And that turn immediately after looks cool, as if it were two overbanked half-turns with a funky transition in-between.
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 pm

The GCI has gone vertical. Looks like it will use the terrain well

ChongCI1.jpg

I assume this chap is reading the Ikea style instruction manual on coaster construction.

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm

MuziFulun has posted these two pictures of the new B&M wing coaster at Chongqing Happy Valley. While its good to see progress on what appears to be an huge airtime hill as the second element he has perhaps gone a bit overboard on the photo shop sky :)

Edit1.jpg

Edit2.jpg

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!