TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Trip Report

Cedar Point Trip Report -

The video I made (below) is probably going to be more exciting than anything I can type. I've literally decided to start a new YouTube channel, so this is one of the very first videos I have ever made. 90% of the footage is from this year, although I did use a couple pictures from last year.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Scene 1 - yes that is me in a real commercial 737, and no, I'm not allowed to fly it (those pics were from a different trip, but made for a fun video intro.)

As soon as I knew I would have a couple of weeks off work, I booked my August trip several MONTHS before going. As it turned out, the original flights I was supposed to be on to get home were cancelled, so they rebooked me on flights with similar times, and upgrade to first class (for a small fee, but much less than booking a first class flight would normally be). I was fascinated by the magnetic bowls on the food tray.

Hotel Breakers is clean and great! This year, the "accessible" room was perfect. I booked it with the message that if they had a wheelchair user, I'd gladly take a regular room - I booked this one, since I'm short, so generally more comfortable when things are lower. So you'll see a tour on video of the spacious room. Special arrangements were made, concierge from a different hotel I stay at dropped me off/picked me up at HB (and to/from airport). Renting a car to drive for only 3 days out of 2 weeks would have been prohibitively more expensive... that and I love rides, but I don't like driving. Riding is fine, but driving scares the heck out of me generally. I got dropped off at HB, dropped bags off with bellhop, and off into the park for a few hours.

It seems friends rarely have the same time off work, and are just into theme parks. I'd rather have an awesome time alone than not go anywhere.

Of course I went on the rides. Put the dining plan on my season pass which worked out nicely for me. Usually all I drink is water (I have soda on occasion, but don't care for it on a regular basis). One day, I did pay for a Powerade since I had sweat rather profusely throughout the day, drank a LOT of water, so figured I'd benefit from electrolyte replacement.

The fireworks were a lot of fun. The rainstorm - this year, it passed quickly. (The footage from HB lobby was a clip I took last year). Majority of this trip was sunny, dry, and perfect!

CP does a fantastic job on landscaping, and is a very clean park. This is a slide-show style video I put together.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

(I'm brand new at this video making thing - so try not to judge too harsh, as these are the first videos of their kind that I have ever made)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic