TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Yay for Six Flags over Georgia!

Sunday, right out of the gate, we rode my baby, the Georgia Cyclone. First ride? It stole Alicia's hat. I'm not sure what she was thinking. She had her ponytail pulled through the back of her hat, but it was a forward facing bill. That combined with no trims on Cyclone meant.... 4th drop eats her hat. It flies completely off.

At that point, I had resigned myself that it was gone. We didn't see where it landed, so I told her on the break run that at least she sacrificed it to a good cause. But to appease her, we asked the guy if they were gonna do a walkthrough at the end of the day. He assured me that they were.

Later that day, when we were taking our final ride on Cyclone (an hour before closing) we told that guy again that we would not be there. He left his post and got a piece of paper for Alicia to fill out in case they found it.

Fast forward...

Today, her hat came in the mail.

Kudos for Six Flags! They must have found it and immediately got it in the mail! She's happy and I'm happy with what I feel to be DRASTIC improvement in the customer relations department!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its gonna be awake for a while. The problem is that the parks own them and the problems its going thru is out of vekomas hands. So the park is stuck with rides that wont work. But its does looks nice just sitting there...

So what is happening on all the DejaVus? Seriously I have no idea...

What part is missing in all of them? I was so jealous about those when they were announced but haven't they been up like only a few weeks in the like 2 years they have been in the parks.

Well, no kudos to SFMW as far as hat-eating coasters go. My cousin decided to borrow my dad's Raiders hat that day and left it on when riding Roar. Forward facing bill + coaster = lost hat. He got off the ride and went to scratch his head when he realized the hat was missing. That next day, we called up to SFMW to see if they found any lost hats by Roar but they said they didnt and if they did, they went ahead to donate it to who knows. Kudos to SFMW though when we accidentally left our camera on the tram and someone found it and turned it into the lost & found.

Elissa "Deja Vu would have ate her hat, spit on it, crapped it out, then torn it apart never to be seen again!" Alvey

The rapids ride @ SFMW did that to my friend's hat but his hat jammed up the pumps, closing the ride for an hour.

Yes there is...(Can't think of name) it goes under a waterfall at one point. My friend lost the hat on the lift at the end of the ride. I Tthink it's called White Water Safari but being as everyone's more familiar with Rip Roaring Rapids, I just use that as a generic name and forgot it's real name.

Nice! I'd cry if I lost my hat. I've had some late night miracle finds under Dragons... which is mostly over water. One night I went after an all black Red Sox hat someone lost and picked a random path where it might be and there it was! I later found out the guy had cancer and Johnny Damon gave him that hat during the playoffs.

Another SF story, I lost my wallet on SROS at SFA the day BEFORE my HS graduation a few years back. I wasn't expecting it back, or at least with everything intact. Somehow they found my all black wallet, under S:ROS at night.. and everything was still there.

Eric

I'm almost postive that is standard operating procedure for ALL parks. I know from working at SFGAm that anything you find gets turned into lost and found and they try to match up items with their owners - and mail it out free of charge.

Heck, I remember my string of losing my wallet a lot back when I was younger at parks...Cedar Point and SFGAm both mailed it back to me with everything in tact, free of charge.

Then there was the time I lost my cell phone on Phantom's Revenge and Kennywood and they mailed it back, completely smashed and all!

Joe C.