[VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 5862
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby A.J. » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Mike240SX wrote:Interesting that it's Disney filing for the patent and not Vekoma.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Doesn't Imagineering usually do the design and Vekoma just manufactures thr track? I think I remember hearing that with 7DMT.

Disney probably got the patent to discourage competitors from using and / or developing a similar system. They give Vekoma permission to use the patent to build the actual coaster system and, boom, collaboration. Disney gets their patented coaster concept and both companies reap the monetary rewards. For all we know, Phantasialand could be patenting whatever system is being put in place for their upcoming flying coaster.

Pretty much all of the stuff that Vekoma has done for Disney since Expedition Everest has been bespoke to their needs. The only coaster you could maybe argue was an existing ride system purchase (from Vekoma) would be Tron Lightcycle Power Run but it's so unique compared to the other existing motorbike coasters with the different track, launch system, vehicle design, disabled access seat...

From what I have come to understand, Disney has often worked under the mentality that the attraction system should always, always serve the story, even if a completely new system has to be made from scratch. Whether that's the "best" approach always depends on who you talk to.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Location: These Ozarks Hills
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Cool, thanks for the explanation.

A.J. wrote:From what I have come to understand, Disney has often worked under the mentality that the attraction system should always, always serve the story, even if a completely new system has to be made from scratch. Whether that's the "best" approach always depends on who you talk to.

Yes they do, and this is one of the many reasons I'm a fan.
Image

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:34 am

A.J. wrote:Pretty much all of the stuff that Vekoma has done for Disney since Expedition Everest has been bespoke to their needs. The only coaster you could maybe argue was an existing ride system purchase (from Vekoma) would be Tron Lightcycle Power Run but it's so unique compared to the other existing motorbike coasters with the different track, launch system, vehicle design, disabled access seat...


Yeah when you look at Tron and compare it to the older Vekoma motorbike coasters, it is basically completely different in every way design-wise, the idea is the same but the track and trains are a different design entirely as far as I can tell.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Location: Roermond , Netherlands, Europe
Gender: Male
Age: 49

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby MrRC » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:41 am

New images from today (11-11-2018)

Image

They making the supports for electronics for the chassis :

Image

Image

Image

All the info and more pictures

Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 5862
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:47 am

I'm sure we'll see and hear more at the IAAPA Attractions Expo this week, but Vekoma has detailed the improvements to their flying coaster designs on their shiny new website. Take a look!

https://www.vekoma.com/flying-coasters

Specifically, they're now confirming the rotating seats that we've come to understand will be on Phantasialand's new coaster. There's also some cool new concept images of new layouts for their existing coaster types.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Location: Roermond , Netherlands, Europe
Gender: Male
Age: 49

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby MrRC » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:05 am

Yesterday was this NEW website NOT online, my local time 02:00 am.

Looks very promising.

I'd like to buy a vowel!
User avatar
 
Posts: 3213
Joined: 26 May 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:25 pm

A.J. wrote:I'm sure we'll see and hear more at the IAAPA Attractions Expo this week, but Vekoma has detailed the improvements to their flying coaster designs on their shiny new website. Take a look!

https://www.vekoma.com/flying-coasters

Specifically, they're now confirming the rotating seats that we've come to understand will be on Phantasialand's new coaster. There's also some cool new concept images of new layouts for their existing coaster types.


Not gonna lie, that looks pretty darn sexy.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Online
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?
User avatar
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Gender: None specified

Re: [VEKOMA] Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Postby thedazza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 am

Some POV footage of the Guardians of the galaxy prototype here.
https://twitter.com/Attractions/status/1062716517861584902

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron