TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legendia Park Discussion Thread

If the hardware and the team assembling it cost the same, what is there left to cost less besides theming (which doesn't count in the cost anyway)? Unless the track and trains were also made in poland I don't see how the wages there affect the cost of the ride but maybe I'm just not getting what you're saying.

(if im just not understanding something blatantly obvious i'd just like to defend myself by saying this is my 20th hour awake)

Basically everything else. From the simplest electricians working the ride up to the parks own engineers. You must remember that buying the ride and assembling it is just one of a large number of things that cost a lot when building a ride. Having a firm build the station, a firm to prepare the ground, a firm to pour the foundations, rent of cranes etc... It all cost lot's of money.

Usually the ride itself makes up around 40-50% of the value of the investment.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically everything else. From the simplest electricians working the ride up to the parks own engineers. You must remember that buying the ride and assembling it is just one of a large number of things that cost a lot when building a ride. Having a firm build the station, a firm to prepare the ground, a firm to pour the foundations, rent of cranes etc... It all cost lot's of money.

I've generally assumed when the price of a ride is listed it includes just the ride unless exclusively specified that it includes the whole package

I've generally assumed when the price of a ride is listed it includes just the ride unless exclusively specified that it includes the whole package

The parks always refer to their overall investment when announcing new rides.

The parks always refer to their overall investment when announcing new rides.

I wonder if parks sometimes fabricate the costs of major rides to throw off investors a bit. Like why are Goliath (SFMM) and Titan (SFOT) listed as costing the same as Millennium Force?? Or a ride like YOLOcoaster costing less than an S&S 4D??? At any rate, Lech was definitely more than $4.3 euro unless Vekoma works off negative profit margins, which is probably next to impossible for a well established manufacturer.

I wonder if parks sometimes fabricate the costs of major rides to throw off investors a bit. Like why are Goliath (SFMM) and Titan (SFOT) listed as costing the same as Millennium Force??

Because they likely actually costed the same as Millennium Force. Maybe the track was more expensive? Maybe the trains? Maybe the supports? You can't just assume that every 250-foot tall coaster should cost less than a 300-foot one just because of the height / length difference. There are too many variables that you don't know about.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if parks sometimes fabricate the costs of major rides to throw off investors a bit.

That would be fraud. There are laws against it. Investors are trusting you to be honest with them. It's not worth it for a park to fudge the numbers, even a little bit. The cost if they got caught would bankrupt even Disney, let alone smaller parks/chains.

So then why did Expedition Everest cost $100 million dollars? The ride itself is not that advanced or complicated. No it was the cost of building the freaking mountain itself.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if parks sometimes fabricate the costs of major rides to throw off investors a bit.

Lying to investors is illegal. However, not all parks have "investors." Yes, some parks do lie to make rides sound better. When Visionland announced they were building Zoomerang back in 2005 (a nearly 20 year old relocated boomerang) they said they were spending $5 million on the ride. In reality they spend like $3-$3.5 million, but thought saying $5 million would sound more impressive in the media.

It is officially open now and Legendia shared a nice video which has much better onride quality than the one shared here before.

Has anyone been on this coaster so far? I am curious if this is Vekoma's next big thing like the SLCs or Boomerangs!