Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby BDG » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:52 am

Is that their prediction for the Euro 2016 final?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby michaellynn4 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:57 am

On our way home from Dollywood, Rikki and I stopped at the Shenandoah caves in Virginia for a tour of the caverns. By the end of the tour, my hatred for humanity had been reaffirmed as we experienced pretty much everything Robb talked about earlier:

- People running ahead or staying far behind of the tour group (a bigger problem in the caverns because the tour guide has to turn lights on and off in the various sections to minimize the harm they do to the formations).
- Parents and grandparents not controlling their unruly kids.
- Everyone touching the rocks when they were CLEARLY told not to do so.
- People hold their own (very loud) conversations while the tour guide is trying to give information.
- MOTHERFEFFING SELFIE STICKS.
- Barely half of the group tipped.

Rikki had a good time and we got some great pictures out of the experience, but I had to seriously stifle my desire to go Judge Dredd on people.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:09 am

Dear stupid people of TPR,

If you think that coming on OUR PAGE and challenging my rant with uneducated factoids trying to "prove us wrong" about the international tour business we ran for over ten years is going to be met with a positive response from me, that's where you are VERY wrong.

Your posts have been deleted and your accounts have been banned and you are just another reminder of why we stopped doing tours and why I posted the rant in the first place.

Thank you for helping us justify our decisions.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 am.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Genx24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:16 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:DLP is a park that I never really hear about or see many pictures of.

Likewise. This thread has the most pictures of DLP that I've ever seen in all the years I've known about the resort. It looks very nice, shame most of the park goers don't respect the rules.
Skyrush/El Toro/Boulder Dash/Superman/New Texas Giant/Phantom's Revenge/Wicked Cyclone/Phoenix/Stormrunner/Xcelerator
Total coasters: 122

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PHLFANJAN » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:56 am

As a German who lives close to the French border I can say: All those bad attitudes are more of a French thing instead of a European one.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:17 am

PHLFANJAN wrote:As a German who lives close to the French border I can say: All those bad attitudes are more of a French thing instead of a European one.

I'm pretty sure that's a well-known factoid, but to clarify in my experience it's more of a Parisian thing than a French/European thing. Outside of Paris I had a wonderful time in France and met extremely kind, welcoming people. Parisians are just horrible, though.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 am

It's nice to see pictures of DLP as I haven't seen much of anything from the park before. However, it's sad to hear your review of it and how visitors disregard rules, cut lines, etc. That kind of thing and stupid a$$hole tourists on tours makes me absolutely crazy.

KT looks great in her glasses! Is the 4th person with you another friend or family member? I must have missed her name somewhere but she looks familiar. Her hair color screams "summer's here so let's have some fun!" A friend of mine just dyed her hair a similar color and it looks great also! Often my parents and I will travel with my aunt, who I am very close with, and from my perspective it's more enjoyable to have an even number of people to do things with. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures in Europe :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Van Lamsbergen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:21 am

Dear robb alvey, I'm not sure where to post this but I just want to say something. You have done hundreds of coasters around the world but you've not even ridden the thunderloop at slagharen and Baron 1898 at efteling? I really think baron1898 is the best B&M coaster out there.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:35 am

Van Lamsbergen wrote:Dear robb alvey, I'm not sure where to post this but I just want to say something. You have done hundreds of coasters around the world but you've not even ridden the thunderloop at slagharen and Baron 1898 at efteling? I really think baron1898 is the best B&M coaster out there.

OK.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Imagineer Josh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:01 pm

I like the Trip Report, the park looks so fun
Coaster Count - 128
Top 10 Coasters: 1. Voyage - 2. Lightning Rod - 3. X2 - 4. Storm Chaser - 5. Maverick - 6. Twisted Colossus - 7. Goliath (SFGAm) - 8. Millennium Force - 9. Cornball Express - 10. Magnum XL-200
Top 5 Parks: 1. Dollywood - 2. Holiday World - 3. Cedar Point - 4. Universal's Islands of Adventure - 5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!