Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Twister 360 Degree Video: https://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview/videos/10154359392178566/
(Watch using the Facebook mobile app!)

We have arrived at one of my favorite "traditional" amusement parks! @gronalund!

Upon entering @GronaLund we are immediately given lots of beer! Yet one more reason why we love this place!

First we were given as much beer as we could drink followed by plates of meat! We love @GronaLund!

Games at @GronaLund you actually have to WORK for to get a prize! But they are damn fun and the prize is WORTH it!

Garbles wanted a little bit of popcorn...

Grona Lund has three awesome tower rides and next year they will add a fourth "Falcon's Fury" style!

This fun house @GronaLund is seriously kick A$$ and it will KICK your A$$!!!

Jetline @gronalund might be one of the oldest coasters in Sweden but it still really kicks A$$!

Twister is a fantastic @thegravitygroup woodie built in a very tight space!

Was a great first night hanging out @gronalund! Will be back tomorrow!

Good morning from @GronaLund! Mattias, Johan, and Peter once again welcome us to their amazing park!

Starting the morning off right @GronaLund with some rides on Jetline!

Next up was the wild mouse @gronalund which is one of the best in the world! Intertwined with other rides!

In honor of Sarah being scared of dark rides, we did a dark ride tour @GronaLund with one of the ride designers!

Peter showed Sarah all the dark ride prop gags with lights on so she could face her fears!

And then half way trough he turned off all the lights and scared the bejesus out of her! lol It was epic!

Dark ride tour was great! The new version of the ride has all kind of cool tricks in it!

Taking a few more rides on Twister! @gronalund's insanely compact but amazing @thegravitygroup woodie!

To get truly "Insane" rides on Insane we put Sarah on one side, Jere & Garbles on the other!

We then put the big boys on one side and @gronalund's Mattias on the other! Thankfully he came back alive! :)

Kristen got to ride Eclipse with Mattias @gronalund's owner. She loved it!

Remember that time when we CLIMBED @gronalund's 400 foot tall Eclipse? Video:

Sarah is about to enter House of Nightmares. Did we mention she is deathly afraid of haunted houses?

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!!

The many faces of Sarah while in @gronalund House of Nightmares! lol

I love parks that have year-round haunts and @gronalund's House of Nightmares is just fantastic!

House of Nightmares was really well done! Lots of great sets & props!

Getting photos of @gronalund Twister can be tough since it's so compact and twisted!

It's impressive @thegravitygroup managed to get the Twister track safely through that Jetline support!

When you don't have a lot of room you build rides on top of buildings and rides on top of other rides!

The girls are BACK at the fun house again!

Took another trip through the @gronalund fun house which really is one of the best in the world!

Two reasons why I love visiting European parks! :)

This gives you an idea of the layout of @GronaLund in Sweden. Super compact park loaded with awesome!

I just love the ridiculously huge boxes of candy you can win from the games @gronalund!

Here is a unisex restroom which has existed in Sweden for YEARS without any issue. Why can't this work in America?

I love that @gronalund converted a side of their drop tower to a stand-up!

The level of disturbing things you'll see standing in line @gronalund dark ride is the stuff acid trips are made of!

Elissa totally kicked those damn mole's assess!!!

Garbles slung his shot and became a VIP here @gronalund!

There is just a beautiful European feel about @gronalund I mean, it IS in Europe after all!

The sad & pathetic are getting in their kiddie coaster credits.

Awwww... Romance on the @gronalund Tunnel of Love ride!

This ride needs more killer whales...

Meeting some fun characters hanging out @gronalund today!

This new Asian food offering @gronalund was really good!

We ordered Dan a beer @gronalund and this is what we got!

I cannot pronounce the name of this restaurant @gronalund but it is damn good!

We were all given VIP backstage passes for the @BlocParty concert @GronaLund tonight!

Having a great time watching @BlocParty @gronalund from the VIP area! Cheers to #BlocParty!

Absolutely FANTASTIC visit to @gronalund in Sweden today! One of the top traditional amusement parks in the world!

OH! ONE MORE THING! If you have made it this far, then you need to respond to the following...
Filthy hobo or an actual VIP? Reply with your vote now!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 pm.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 am

EP_Sprecher wrote:It's actually a question of philosophy here at Europa-Park. The Mack family as owners of the park wants every visitor at each day of our season to be able to experience as much as possible of the park in the same way. This is why we continously look into the least possible downtime, the fastest operations, and also into extending the park hours depending on the number of visitors in the park (to just name few items).

We actually like that people tend to forget about the outside world once they got into the park and we think that we would make more people sad and upset when they realise that you get better service when you pay more as if you would make people happy by giving them the chance to buy fast passes.

As much as I already thought Europa Park looked like an amazing place, that I look forward to finally visiting someday, this response makes me respect the people who run it tremendously, and hold the park in even higher regard! This philosophy is what I hold to as well, and why I dogmatically oppose all forms of Fast Pass, Fast Lane, or other skip-a-line systems that are not equally available to all people, regardless of financial station. I don't say this to spark that argument again (certainly not in Robb's TR thread), but rather to just say that it refreshing to me to see that there is a park out there who hasn't "sold-out" to the allure of making even more money, at the expense of all guests feeling treated equally! Kudos to Europa Park, and you've given me just one more reason to get there, ASAP! =)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:35 am

robbalvey wrote:Image

This is my absolute favorite picture from the trip report so far.
That coaster dad [224] and that coaster kiddo [97].
Dad's faves: Fury 325 / Intimidator 305 / El Toro / Phantom's Revenge / Skyrush.
Kiddo's faves: Wicked Cyclone / The Joker / Boulder Dash / Phoenix / SooperDooperLooper.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:54 am

Great report, looks like you're having an absolute blast! Gröna Lund is indeed a fantastic park!

By the way, did they recently repaint Jetline? The colors looks so fresh in the pictures!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby alejon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:01 am

viking86 wrote:Great report, looks like you're having an absolute blast! Gröna Lund is indeed a fantastic park!

By the way, did they recently repaint Jetline? The colors looks so fresh in the pictures!

Yes, I think they did it for the last season, don't remember if they did the whole thing then or not. But it looks absolutely fantastic now, and with the newish magnetic brakes you could almost believe it's a brand new ride!

I really hope they will repaint Vilda Musen soon though, it's starting to look really worn.

Also, great TR! So many amazing parks I need to visit, some for the first time and some again, and again.. :p

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby JRice92 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:36 am

I'm having a blast reading about all these parks! It's really awesome & interesting seeing how different Europeanparks are.
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:34 am

coneyislandchris wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Image

This is my absolute favorite picture from the trip report so far.

Agreed.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Chrixz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:20 am

Great to see you were having a great time at Grona Lund. Went there for the first time earlier this month and I was also blown away by how much fun this park was! Are you going to visit Liseberg? Balder is still a beast and Helix was awesome too!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Filthy Hobo!

I read the whole update
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RaceBoarder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:07 pm

I vote VIP Hobo... Like he found a twenty walking along the street one day :lmao:

This has been one of the more interesting threads for the Summer so far... Kinda amazed at the different presentation you get in Europe. Makes me want to make a trip over there at some point.

Just curious, how are you guys traveling from park to park? Mix of rail and air travel or mostly air?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!