Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:55 am

I think Europa has passed Tokyo Disney on my personal park/resort bucket list, not by much but man that place looks amazing. It's like a perfect mixture of everything, themeing, food, coasters, water rides, dark rides, resort hotels. It makes me wish Epcot had a major coaster somewhere in the world showcase. And it makes me wish Epcot had a raclete stand, heck can they just add Switzerland to the World Showcase with a raclete stand and Blue Fire Matterhorn already?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Wingwright » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 am

It's the sign of a good park that most of Robb's "complaints" can be boiled down to "give us more ways to give you money" :lmao:

Europa Park looks great. I hope to make it out there someday.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:58 am

Wingwright wrote:It's the sign of a good park that most of Robb's "complaints" can be boiled down to "give us more ways to give you money"

I also want to make it clear that they aren't "complaints" in any way. I have absolutely nothing to complain about at the park. Areas of slight improvement? Maybe. But not "complaints."

Personally, I cannot stand people who go around park complaining and nit picking things.

Postby Moose » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:47 am

It is a sign of a great park that asks "what can we do better" rather than just rest on their laurels of your outstanding review.

This park impressed me so much when I visited with TPR in 08 (?) and it looks like it has continued to improve.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby x2isawesome » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:00 pm

This tr has inspired me to plan my own German trip for next year. Europa looks way too awesome not to experience myself in person.

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:58 pm

We drove about four hours from Munich (while visiting for Oktoberfest) to go to this park and it was one of the best vacation experiences that I have ever had in my life. Europa simply blew us away with their theming, fast operations, food...and of course, great beer! :lover:

It was amazing to see the fast dispatches, but one thing that I noticed was that the employees expected people to put their stuff in a bin, sit down and put on their seat belt or pull their lap bar down...and people did so in a timely and orderly fashion. Another "never in America" factoid.

I now wish that we would/could have spent the night at one of the resorts, but we had our hotel in Munich booked for the week so we trekked back there after the park closed.

I vow to go back to Germany someday...and hope to visit Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Oktoberfest and of course, Europa Park.

Thanks for posting, Robb!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

I've really enjoyed these reports of a lot of awesome places I probably won't get to visit. That Sky Fly looks cool, and though I normally don't do spinning/flipping rides, I'm actually looking forward to getting to ride Ninja Turtles at Mall of America in about 3 weeks. Your video has gotten me excited for it. Thanks for doing this; I know trip reports are a lot of work, and I really appreciate the effort put into documenting your travels.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby EP_Sprecher » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 am

Thank you Robb for the kind words, it was great to have you here and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Let me get back to your points.

robbalvey wrote:EDIT: So Europa asked us "Is there anything we an do better?" and even the most perfect resort probably has a few things that you may think "I wonder why they do this?" or "I'm a little surprised by...." and while there really are not many things I can think of, these are a couple of questions/comments since they asked:

1. No "Virtual Queue" option. I get that Europa Park prides themselves on capacity and their queues are some of the fastest I've ever stood in with some of the best operations, but having said that, just about everyone in our group would have been willing to spend 50EUR each to not have to wait 35 minutes for Blue Fire or Silver Star every time they wanted to ride. And the reality is they probably would be out spending money on some of the amazing food while they wait!

It's actually a question of philosophy here at Europa-Park. The Mack family as owners of the park wants every visitor at each day of our season to be able to experience as much as possible of the park in the same way. This is why we continously look into the least possible downtime, the fastest operations, and also into extending the park hours depending on the number of visitors in the park (to just name few items).

We actually like that people tend to forget about the outside world once they got into the park and we think that we would make more people sad and upset when they realise that you get better service when you pay more as if you would make people happy by giving them the chance to buy fast passes.

We know that this is standard in airlines, trains, cars and everywhere in the world, but for the moment we would like to keep this thought within the park.

HOWEVER: At our Horror Nights event we talk about a very different audience and a different concept of rather an event than a classic theme park experience. There we actually sell Fast Passes, but we currently can't imagine to introduce this to the park itself.

robbalvey wrote:2. Speaking of food - The park has some of the best food items we have ever had at the park: Raclette, fresh Crepes, Poffertjies, Gelato, Burrata, Waffles on a Stick, the list goes on and on... and as much as we loved the food, we felt the wait times at many of the food stands took quite a while. Now would we rather wait for freshly made crepes, Raclette right off the grill over pre-made warmed up items? Absolutely! But there were a few times where it seems a bit long.

3. Beverages at more food stands - There were quite a few times we were looking for a "Bottle of soda or water" and found many snack stands that did not sell any drinks at all. A fridge stocked with water, coke, coke zero, sprite, even just a small handful of options would have been nice.

Got it, we will forward these comments to our F&B department.

Thanks for your visit and we look forward to see you soon again!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:40 am

^ Thanks for all your great responses! See you guys next year!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Great pics and report as always... nice to know that you are still like our European Parks so much.

And little fun fact about River Quest: Did you know that it had a kind of Freefall/DROP-Element in it, but it was deactivated because of some safety reasons from the German-TÜV. It was the last drop... this one was contructed to stop the boat and then fall down, but if i remember right the missing safety belts in the boats made it to risky that someone could get hurt. Here is one pic i found which shows the mechanism:
pic source: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/15-mystery-river-quest/
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!