Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:57 pm

This morning our coaster riding adventure starts in Belgium @bobbejaanland!

Love that @bobbejaanland has a great mix of rides for families and thrill seekers!

We are working with @Giroptic to bring you some cool 360 degree roller coaster POVs!

Got to try the new VR version of Revolution @bobbejaanland! It's awesome! New theme works really well!

Kristen loved the VR version of Revolution! @bobbejaanland

It's official! We have found "Bench: The Ride" aka The El Paso Special

The indoor kids area @bobbejaanland is super nice! Wish more parks in America had stuff like this.

Looks like there might be a #ChanceOfReign here @bobbejaanland today! ;)

European parks just have a different look and vibe to parks in America.

They have one of those super kick A$$ giant Frisbee's here @bobbejaanland! Runs a great program!

We shot plenty of POV video today @Bobbejaanland! Lots of new videos coming soon!

There goes @ElissaAlvey & Kristen on the pedal cars

I'm pretty sure Revolution may have the longest rain in roller coaster history!

Taking a ride on @bobbejaanland Wild Mouse, Speedy Bob, and with light brakes it IS speedy!!!

Some celebratory beer on the way back from @bobbejaanland! Had a great day at the park!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Thanks for the effort Robb ! Looking forward to the upcoming reviews ! :p

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby urzishra » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:49 pm

robbalvey wrote:Dear stupid people of TPR,

If you think that coming on OUR PAGE and challenging my rant with uneducated factoids trying to "prove us wrong" about the international tour business we ran for over ten years is going to be met with a positive response from me, that's where you are VERY wrong.

Your posts have been deleted and your accounts have been banned and you are just another reminder of why we stopped doing tours and why I posted the rant in the first place.

Thank you for helping us justify our decisions.

That's very unfortunate. I always wanted to go on one and maybe some day far off into the far flung future I will. But if you weren't happy doing them and dealing with the fallout I respect the decision not to do them.

Been enjoying the Live tweeting so far. If anything, it's nice to experience these trips from afar. :)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm rather intrigued by the VR version of Revolution, as that coaster is the perfect candidate for that treatment thanks to its long spiral lift and layout.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Texas Kodiak » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Rude Moronic People are Everywhere unfortunately, but even when I Still Smoked I respected people enough to ONLY SMOKE in Designated Areas. As I Have said on your posts on Facebook Several Times Robb...You Can't Fix Stupid! However, the Fact that I Know you Will soon be Riding Wildfire Makes Me have Less Sympathy for you than I Normally Would...Lucky Stiff...Just Sayin.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:33 pm

I also got to try the VR in Mount Mara. Although I had 2 major complaints:
1. They open the ride without VR and reopen the ride at 1 o clock with. Which is okay if they still played the video at the lift, they're now better off to go full VR.
2. I'm not a fan to see ride ops collect the VR glasses and then distribute these to the next riders without any cleaning.
Other the that the VR is great. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to enjoy it. looking forward to the next Trip Report.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie park, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:52 am

Trip report is looking amazing so far, Robb. Super jealous; would love to do a Europe trip with my family, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards any time soon. Hope you guys and gals are enjoying yourself to the fullest and tuning out all the negativity. Looking forward to more updates!
That coaster dad [273] and that coaster kiddo [154]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: El Toro. Lightning Rod. Goliath (SFGAm). Wicked Cyclone. Thunderbolt (LP).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:13 am

Is Dreamcatcher any good? It always looks like a pretty decent coaster with it's setting and layout but ya never hear much about it positive or negative. Also, I've always wondered why none of North American suspended coasters have ever converted to the floorless suspended trains, I know many of those rides have been taken out of service but it seems like the ones left aren't going anywhere for a while.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Today we are hanging out @WalibiBelgium! Time to get wet on the new water ride!

We will start our day with Psyke Underground @WalibiBelgium fully refurbished and indoors shuttle loop!

Pulsar is this super weird but totally awesome splash down shuttle coaster! @WalibiBelgium has a hit with this ride!

These dudes are about to get super wet!

Kristen rode her first SLC today @WalibiBelgium... She said she loved it!!! :shockr: :shockr: :shockr: :shockr:

Pulsar joins @WalibiBelgium's two other decent water rides for a good variety of ways to get wet at this park!

You'll find one of the best @SallyCorp shooting dark rides here @WalibiBelgium!

Dear @WalibiBelgium we apologize for the adult Americans & 1 Australian that rode the kiddie coaster today! :)

This was an awesome @CocaCola machine @WalibiBelgium! Put your money in, hug the machine, it gives you a Coke!

When in Belgium, of course you have to get waffles!!! @WalibiBelgium (I got one with Belgian chocolate!)

Joe decided that @WalibiBelgium he's going to eat a small animal... And that's EXACTLY what he did!

For being a nearly 20 year old Vekoma woodie, Loup Garou @WalibiBelgium was still lots of fun!

We did have to stop Sarah from getting a tattoo!

Always great running into European TPR fans @WalibiBelgium

Had a great day @WalibiBelgium! Nice park, fun rides and Pulsar was great!!!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Great Update...thanks for posting Robb !

And nice to hear that the Mack Power Splash did not dissapoint. The curved backwards spike looks lovely :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!