Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

New Report: Animal Kingdom Day Two!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Great reports! Glad you were finally able to succumb to the power of the Mouse. :lol:

I agree the Africa section looks good because of how "bad" the area looks, but Chester and Hester's Dinorama takes it a bit too far.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World and Hirakata Park

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:16 pm

LiftThrill wrote:That's like saying Johnny Rockets food is better than Coasters food. It's technically true but both are so bad it doesn't really matter.

Totally true. :lol:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:35 am

Only just finally got caught up. AMAZING report!! We've never been big Disney people ourselves, but we've thought about doing one Disney trip before we have kids, and your report just further sells us on the need. It also further cements in the fact that my aunt is a tech idiot and couldn't wrap her mind around a simple fastpass system, so all her bitching about the system is unfounded (though personally I already thought it was).
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:59 pm

I had no idea AK released parrots over the walkways like that! So freaking cool. Animal Kingdom has always been my favorite park because of the insane theming, awesome safari, Everest, and the Finding Nemo musical. Nemo is my fav and I am actually watching the movie right now.

I agree it's really not possible to compare Kilimanjaro Safari to SORA because they are so different. On one hand, I really love AK's safari and the animals have been right up next to the safari vehicle on many of my rides just like they do at SFGAdv. However, SORA is longer and does feature more animals... but it feels much less immersive since, well, Six Flags. :lol: The amount of vehicles Disney runs and the efficiency with which they do it is truly astounding. They are both great safaris for different reasons!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Great report! You're spot on with the comparison between the safaris too. Disneys themeing is always top notch and easily wins in that area. I think I just focus on the animals more and I always end up on rides at GA where they get so much closer to the vehicles. The giraffes almost always end up sticking their heads into the vehicle lol Disney definitely has the superior ride aspects but I think I'd take GA if I really had to choose just because of the animals themselves. Either way it was just for discussion sake because I love both safaris and they are some of my favorite things to do in any park. I haven't been to animal kingdom since 2016 but your reports got me itching to hop on a cheap Frontier flight and get back down there. Just haven't been able to find the time to squeeze a trip in.

I'm glad you guys had a blast down there!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 am

Thanks guys!!!!

grsupercity wrote:Being more of a coaster enthusiast then a theme park enthusiast I have not been rushing a Disney World trip. I am really enjoying this Disney Report so far and am now kind of thinking that I wanna go to Animal Kingdom!

Trust me, you do. Everyone should go to Animal Kingdom. Also... Expedition Everest is a legitimately GREAT coaster so you can definitely scratch that coaster itch there.

boldikus wrote:Another fab update, Billy.

FYI - the reason why Great Adventure's safari has a driver *and* a guide is because Jersey drivers are the worst and distracting them with a schpeil while they're trying to navigate around giraffes is a bad idea for everyone involved.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: Yeah, that checks out.

LiftThrill wrote:That's like saying Johnny Rockets food is better than Coasters food. It's technically true but both are so bad it doesn't really matter.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

michaellynn4 wrote:Only just finally got caught up. AMAZING report!! We've never been big Disney people ourselves, but we've thought about doing one Disney trip before we have kids, and your report just further sells us on the need. It also further cements in the fact that my aunt is a tech idiot and couldn't wrap her mind around a simple fastpass system, so all her bitching about the system is unfounded (though personally I already thought it was).

The Fastpass system can be annoying to set up and link up, but once you get the hang of it it's AMAZING. We loved it.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am

As always another great read! I was appreciating this thread a lot more than usual the other day because I was using it to distract me for 2.5 hours while getting a tattoo :lol:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 am

Animal kingdom is really starting to grow on me. The first few times we visited the park, its was kind of a "let's spend a few hours here and go to another park" type of visit. Now, this park is really a full day plus park.

Great report, and glad you enjoyed the park.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!