Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

New Report: Magic Kingdom and Flight of Passage
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks!!!

I haven’t been on Indiana Jones but it’s nice to see Dinosaur getting some love. It’s a great ride.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Oh yeah, more trip report! That sounds like an AWESOME day. I love all the little things they do that make the day so pleasant. They manage to make you feel like you're their only guest and the tens of thousands of people around you are a mirage.

And yeah, you need to ride Tower of Terror. It's great.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 am

Thanks!

It really is insane. We were there for two days and I don’t think I encountered a single employee that was anything less than stellar. I don’t know where they find these people.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:00 am

I love Dinosaur, my only complaint is I wish the lights in the show building were like 15% brighter because I feel like there's so much detail you miss just because it's so darn dark in most of it. Other than that it's a great ride, and the line is usually pretty reasonable with or without a fastpass so that's always nice.

Animal Kingdom really is great, I don't really know where I rank it among the Disney Parks, or where it will rank for people after all of these new attractions open but it's so unique and just totally relaxing place to spend a few hours, a full day, whatever it may be. Love the place.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:05 am

Excellent update, your report actually made me want to go to Disney, a rare feat. lol

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 pm

boldikus wrote:Excellent update, your report actually made me want to go to Disney, a rare feat. lol

:lol: You should really go. I'm not sure how much time you'd need in Magic Kingdom but Animal Kingdom really has a "Busch Gardens on Steroids" vibe to it.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm

After dicking around on the ground for awhile, the ride climbs the lift and starts racing around the mountain. The section off the lift is really cool as is the reversing section but I think the thing that really surprised me the most was the backward section of the ride. It's REALLY disorienting and intense for a Disney ride. For a second there I had a serious case of vertigo. Eventually though, we dipped into the scene where the mummy rips up the track and you drop into what's actually a really solid coaster (Disney or otherwise) and end by flying past a Yeti that (let's be honest) is super cool and I don't give a single sh*t if it doesn't move. THAT's what people have been bitching about for a decade? You're moving so fast it hardly matters anyway. Come on...

I totally agree that the backward section of this ride is pushing the envelope of Disney ride intensity - it's extremely disorienting, to the point that many people think it goes upside-down.

I will say though that if you'd experienced the ride prior to Disco Yeti you would be sad he's not animated any longer, seriously, that huge arm swooping down on you and a blast of air feeling like his fingers were just inches away from the top of your head, it was amazeballs.

Your take on WDW parks is totally spot on and I'm very impressed how much of the theming you were able to take in on such a quick trip, especially AK which has so many layers it's taken me years to actually notice a great majority of it. I've spent afternoons there just looking for weird out-of-the-way cool stuff that didn't have to be there and is nowhere near a path or anywhere most guests travel and yet Disney throws a ton of money and time just to add to the atmosphere. I even love Chester and Hester's area, but can totally understand why most people have no clue why Disney plopped some cheap-o amusement attractions in the middle of an old parking lot.

Oh, and you were smart to skip Figment. Better to remember him as he was rather than the seriously unfunny and un-entertaining shell he has become.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby LiftThrill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 pm

guess we should just pretend he's a figment of our imaginations now, huh?
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 am

That’s such a shame about that ride. I still remember the song from when I was a kid. We loved Figment, we even bought little Figment piggy banks. It was by far our favorite thing in Epcot. I’m happy with my decision to avoid this new version. I trust Robb’s judgement on it. :lol:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am

Great report as always, I skipped over the avatar stuff just because I haven't been back there yet since it opened and I've been avoiding reading or seeing anything about it but Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks as well. Everything about the place is done so well. Can't wait to get back and I really want to sneak in a trip this year but I just don't see it happening.

Did you get a chance to ride the safari for the next report? I'm curious to see what you thought of it and how it compares to great adventure. It's one thing I think great adventure actually beats Disney at because I feel like you get much closer to all the animals at great adventure. Both are still fantastic though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!