TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lewa Adventure Park Trip Report

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Vekoma have their boomerang design copyrighted?

Yes, here's the story behind the knock-off Boomerang:

The park bought the Vekoma Boomerang from Qingdao International Beer City for ShiBaoLai(the knock-off manufacturer) and ShiBaoLai offered to give Lewa this knock-off Boomerang for free after they were done "researching" the Vekoma one. Vekoma was stabbed in the back by Lewa and ShiBaoLai.

Fun fact: The Boomerang involved in this saga is now running at another Chinese park: https://rcdb.com/10741.htm

• 3 months later...

This is in regards to the the 5 feet 7 inches height limit on the loopscrew. This particular ride was made by Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment. They also built a copy of this ride in Cuba. My question is this: Why, if this ride can't handle a westerner of average height in China, does the company sell one to a park in the west? This tells me that the height and weight requirements on rides here in China may be the result of parks not knowing what they are doing with the rides. If the height and weight requirements are because of safety issues with the rides, shouldn't Chinese manufacturers forget about selling their equipment to parks in the west? You can access a list of loopscrews sold by this company in the link I am including.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=11980

I like to offend, therefore I ask questions that make sense.

Speaking of which...

I will be in Xi’an in May of next year. However, I am a white guy who speaks no Chinese at this time. (Though I may take a Chinese course next semester).

Is there any easy way to get to this park for an idiot like me? I know that the Happy Valley parks in Beijing and Shanghai (where I’m also going) have free shuttles to the metro stop, but what about Lewa Adventure? (Or whatever this park is called now).

^ Thank you. Would you advise the same in Beijing/Shanghai as well?

In the main major cities I usually prefer subway (Only applies to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen so far) simply because I would like to avoid traffic jams and honestly subway is the clearest way for international guests. But if you want to get straight to the point without having to transfer, taxi all the way. If you are confident with your Chinese reading then you can download the Didi app (Uber knock-off) and that would save you some money.