SDC 2016 Trip Report(s)!

One last snowy trip for the season.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SDC 2016 Trip Report(s)!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu May 19, 2016 5:33 pm

PhantomPoster32 wrote:The current Dalmatian is named Jazz. It's human is Far Cheef Jess. She is only at the park on the weekends.

Awesome, thanks for the info!!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 31, 2016 8:23 pm

Visit Two Of The Season!

Sunday we went to the park expecting really heavy crowds, and insane lines. . . Boy were we in for a surprise. The park was the complete opposite. Judging by the parking lots, you would think the park was going to be packed, not sure where all the people were but the lines for the rides were almost non-existent. We got to the park around 10:00am, and around 3:00pm (which is early for us.) Not sure if it was just a lack of sleep, or heat exhaustion (or both) but were were both feeling rather miserable by the 3:00, so we called it a day and left early!

First ride of the day (as always) was Wildfire. We finally figured out which train has the worst "rattle" and it's train two. The rattle is really distracting, and almost makes the ride feel rough. However a later ride on train one was just as glass smooth as expected!! From now on we will only ride in train one to make sure Wildfire is as amazing as it can be!! :)

After Wildfire we headed over to Powder Puff which shockingly had a full que, and kept a full que almost all day. However, thanks to our Season Pass Trailblazer pass we walked right on in about 3 minutes! They were running only two trains, which was a little annoying, but nothing major. Sadly as we were waiting for our second ride on the coaster two separate guest ended up getting sick. It didn't cause any delays, but it was just awkward. . . Am I the only one who finds it awkward when a guest gets sick at a park?? Its like the giant purple elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about.

Leaving Powder Puff we headed over to Outlaw Run which had a 0 minute wait. We didn't even bother using the trailblazer lane, we just walked straight through the main que and onto the coaster. Just as amazing as always. We then headed over to Fire In The Hole which ended up being a REALLY annoying ride because we were trapped near an over talkative enthusiast. . .

After Fire In The Hole we tried the new "Southwestern Chicken" skillet food, and we were both highly disappointed. It was not nearly as good as some of the parks other skillet food. Not sure what it was about it, but it really just didn't seem to "fit" in the park.

After the skillet food we rode Fire In The Hole again. Much better ride this time!! We left Fire In The Hole and we to Great American Plunge! First water ride of the season!! I had no idea how long the baby making tunnel was. But it was nice and relaxing. I also found a random part of the long flume that use to exist, but no longer does which I was going to take pictures of, but stopped caring because I was feeling like death. Great American Plunge provided a surprisingly large splash!! It was nice and refreshing, but not enough to make me feel any better. We did Grand Fathers Mansion, grabbed some Cinnamon Bread and then left!

All in all, a decent day at the park had it not been for both of us not feeling good, and a rather annoying ride on Fire In The Hole neither of which were the parks fault.

Thanks for reading, and I assure you the next update will have much more, and better photos!! As well as a look at the random old log flume! :)
1.jpg
I think this is the first time I have ever taken a photo of this sign.
2.jpg
Love the attention to detail.
3.jpg
Wildfire's Sign always looks so good!
4.jpg
Ride in train one... always train one.
5.jpg
Powder Puff!
6.jpg
I found the Dalmatian I was talking about in my first TR!
7.jpg
Off they go into the baby making tunnel.
8.jpg
YUMM!
9.jpg
*cough*
10.jpg
I love the random tree right next to the house. It adds to the theming.
11.jpg
"Erect?" *giggle*
12.jpg
I swear I did not flip this photo over.
13.jpg
Looks better than it taste.
14.jpg
If I were Whitney Houston this would be my crack.
Last edited by DoinItForTheFame on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:33 pm.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Wily J » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Any TR with Whitney Houston, erect, crack and 'baby making tunnel' is a winner by me!!

Well done sir!

:br

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Third Visit Of The Season!

Well, this past Saturday we made another trip out to SDC. It was a nice visit. Much better than the last one!! We did our usual round of coasters, and this time we hit up some water rides to keep us cool since it was really hot outside. We had some skillet food. We checked out the construction markers near Thunderation. Took some more rides, and then headed home!! All it in all it was a great visit. I wont go into much detail right now, but be sure to read the capitions for the photos! Enjoy!

Ride Count For This Visit:

Wildfire: 3x's
Powderkeg: 3x's
Outlaw Run: 2x's
Thunderation: 1x
American Plunge: 1x
Lost River: 1x
Fire In The Hole: 1x
River Blast: 2x
Giant Barn Swing: 1x
Firefall: 1x
2.jpg
Even the plants are happy to be at SDC.
3.jpg
"Must take this photo..."
4.jpg
The event that is going on right now.
5.jpg
First ride of the day!
6.jpg
Off to the "baby making tunnel."
7.jpg
Going down.
8.jpg
El Splasho!
9.jpg
Part of the old log flume, with what looks like a drop out of the building down to the trench. Anyone know what happened to this half of the ride??
10.jpg
Then it traveled through here, and back to the station.
11.jpg
Back to the station which now runs under the que line.
12.jpg
Next up? Wildfire!
13.jpg
Such a beautiful coaster!
14.jpg
Through the loop!
15.jpg
WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!
16.jpg
Going down.
17.jpg
Still one of the most beautiful coaster settings.... EVER!
18.jpg
This pot is for collecting change, which will eventually be used to buy a new train that doesn't rattle.
19.jpg
Such a well themed station.
20.jpg
Theming... EVERY WHERE.
21.jpg
A really like that the park has this.
22.jpg
A great place to eat.
23.jpg
With really reasonable prices.
24.jpg
Fire In The Hole theming!
25.jpg
Best place to sit on Fire In The Hole!
26.jpg
Next up?! Powder Puff!
27.jpg
Oh... Maybe not.
28.jpg
Still waiting for a rollback!
29.jpg
For those of you who are into this kind of thing...
30.jpg
A very powerful wall@+!
31.jpg
Very interesting to watch.
32.jpg
Sausage! Yas!
33.jpg
You might consider a tic-tac.
34.jpg
Such a beautiful park!
35.jpg
Noted.
36.jpg
37.jpg
This is where crack is made, and can legally be bought.
38.jpg
*cough*
39.jpg
it's a bridge...
42.jpg
Interesting to watch this thing work.
43.jpg
Interesting fact! This is actually used to power part of the building that makes the cinnamon bread!
44.jpg
YAS!!
45.jpg
Amazing food!!
46.jpg
Time to go look at the construction site!
47.jpg
More markers
48.jpg
"E Coaster"
49.jpg
Markers.
50.jpg
More people off to see the construction!
51.jpg
Thunderation theming!
52.jpg
Looks good to me.
53.jpg
Noted.
54.jpg
This is where I was told SDC is getting a inverted launched family coaster next year...
55.jpg
Maybe someday this will get used again!!
57.jpg
Next up? Firefall!
58.jpg
Love Firefall!
59.jpg
Very well done...
60.jpg
So well themed.
61.jpg
This is where I was told that SDC is getting a 287.6ft tall 98.2mph B&M Hyper Coaster.
62.jpg
Lost River Of The Ozarks has still lost its sign...
63.jpg
So much beauty through out the park!
64.jpg
Next up.. River Blast!!
65.jpg
Much better than a fancy river boat.
66.jpg
I think we are headed the right way.
67.jpg
I don't know what is more fun, riding the ride, or shooting the people on the boats from the paths.
68.jpg
Such a well themed station!
69.jpg
Note the girl trying to hide from the riders. Such a fun area!!
70.jpg
Then it was time to air dry.
71.jpg
Looks like our season trailblazer passes wont be needed here.
72.jpg
A much deserved ride.
73.jpg
So. much. Theming.
74.jpg
<3
75.jpg
Here is where I heard that SDC will be getting a launched B&M wing coaster for next year. . .
76.jpg
Oh look, a giant barn!
77.jpg
Those people are getting pretty high.
78.jpg
Buzzsaw Falls is that you??
79.jpg
Interesting read.
80.jpg
Wildfire's bubbles were working!!! ... Well, kind of.
81.jpg
Going up(side down)!
82.jpg
Going down!
83.jpg
Such a great photo!!
84.jpg
That's all for this week!
Last edited by DoinItForTheFame on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:43 pm.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Really great shots. That camera does really well with lighting, what model is it?

That bit on the American Plunge is actually part of the old Jim Owen's Float Trip ride which sat on the same spot. American Plunge was built over it, but everything after the lifthill is new. The old course can be seen from Wildfire's Overflow queue and it runs underneath the pathway out there. Jim Owen's didn't have any drops though, it was just an open air boat ride with some thematic elements and a tunnel.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:45 am

^ Thanks. Awesome to hear what was actually there before, I'll have to look it up!!

Shavethewhales wrote:Really great shots. That camera does really well with lighting, what model is it?

Thanks for the feedback. All of the photos posted have been taken from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. But instead of just "snapping the photo and moving on" I'll take the time to line things up, and make sure the lighting looks good, then take the photo... If I don't like how the photo looks I'll delete it and try again. I know they are no where near the greatest photos, but I try to make them look decent.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Apollo von Sol » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:37 am

I've enjoyed reading your TR's I've been considering a trip to SDC this summer and these TR are helping my planning.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the chairlift? I've tried to Google it to see what happened but I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:43 am

Apollo von Sol wrote:I've enjoyed reading your TR's I've been considering a trip to SDC this summer and these TR are helping my planning.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the chairlift? I've tried to Google it to see what happened but I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks!

There was never a chairlift at SDC

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Apollo von Sol » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:22 pm

PhantomPoster32 wrote:
Apollo von Sol wrote:I've enjoyed reading your TR's I've been considering a trip to SDC this summer and these TR are helping my planning.

Thanks!

There was never a chairlift at SDC

Oh my apologies, I thought/assumed this building was a chairlift building from the TR,

What is this building for if it's not a old chairlift building.

Thanks!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:08 pm

It was the load station for the Wilderness Waterboggan.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!