TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Land Of Legends Construction

This came completely out of the blue. But Rixos Park a new park in Antalya, Turkey has built a new Intamin water coaster.

The ride is a clone of the one that opened at Wanda Xishuangbanna in China earlier this year.

It's tough to tell if this is actually just a water park with a coaster or the coaster is in a different part of the complex to the water slide towers. There is already a massive hotel on site.

Seems Turkey is becoming quite the place for Intamin rides recently.

I thought we'd seem the death of these Intamin water coasters as well but they keep popping up.

Riox1.jpg.a3bbb5203fa428975f5799760ff13b8e.jpg

Riox2.thumb.jpg.5f46341184ad65f8daad42d8fd2b0e94.jpg

Riox3.jpg.137d4a9da7e5b69d1c487da8b6684d17.jpg

Riox4.jpg.e434114735ec33d1b7164e9f172801fd.jpg

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough to tell if this is actually just a water park with a coaster or the coaster is in a different part of the complex to the water slide towers. There is already a massive hotel on site.

This is a project that apparently started in 2011. Despite some delays, there really going for it now. The water park is scheduled to open this year and it looks massive!

Phase 2 is the theme park, which is scheduled to open next year according to their website (www.rixosworld.com/en/).

Here some pictures I found on the internet:

Photo: serotss - instagram.com

Hotel - Photo: Abdullah Çimen

Photo: Ali Demirel

Foto's: TC Zafer Demirtaş

Wow! How interesting. Perhaps they decided to make the Intamin water coaster part of the attractions in the water park because it gets people so soaked? That being said, if this was started in 2011, maybe they made a contract in 2011 for Intamin to eventually install this in 2016? Unfortunately at that point, it wasn't known that this ride would be a maintenance nightmare, but since we've seen at least 1 continue to operate (Divertical), perhaps Intamin has convinced them that they can work out all the kinks.

The waterpark they're going to be opening up looks fairly large, with some interesting unique slides to say the least.

At this point I would guess they're hoping Intamin has fixed the problems with their water coasters and can get this one up and running consistently. Which it still really amazes me that Holiday Park was just so quick to say "Welp, we're done with this puppy!" and just close it without trying to find some way to get it up and running consistently.

Surprising to say the least, aren't these rides plagued with down-time?

DiVertical have had lot's of problems with the boats on the track, something I will guess have been fixed by this layout. For the elevator itself I don't think there's much wrong with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Ran across this thread while researching the subject coaster for a ride photo system. Just wanted to thank you guys for posting the photos and info on the ride. If things go as we hope the ride will feature an automated photo system allowing the guests to view and purchase souvenir photos at the end of the ride.

If things go as we hope the ride will feature an automated photo system allowing the guests to view and purchase souvenir photos at the end of the ride.

That sounds great!

Is there any opening date set for this park?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...