Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

RMC #11, RailBlazer!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Twisted Colossus (5/18/2015) - Click Here
Iron Rattler (7/31/2015) - Click Here
New Texas Giant (8/1/2015) - Click Here
Outlaw Run (8/2/2015) - Click Here
Goliath (10/10/2015) - Click Here
Medusa Steel Coaster (3/12/2016) - Click Here
Storm Chaser (6/26/2016) - Click Here
Wicked Cyclone (7/1/2016) - Click Here
Joker (12/17/2016) - Click Here
Lightning Rod (4/22/2017) - Click Here
RailBlazer (6/9/2018) - Click Here

At the beginning of 2015, I had (unfortunately) not ridden any RMC's - Although I have been quite intrigued by this new up-and-comer since watching construction for New Texas Giant in 2010! After seeing glowing reviews, I could only imagine the potential we could see for the future of roller coasters. Taking old, once-were-amazing, wooden giants and reclaiming the greatness they once had? I'm all for it!

Well for some reason my stars hadn't aligned until 2015, and when rumblings of my home park (SFMM) converting Colossus emerged, I knew my time was coming! Luckily I was chosen to attend the filming shoot for Twisted Colossus in May - a week before opening to the public! And it was even better than I could have imagined. The glorious airtime... I counted 21 spots on one of my 8 rides that day! And the dueling made it even better - It's easily the best coaster in California! A new top-10 steel coaster was born.

After that, I knew I had to ride more, so this is where my Trip Report will start. In August, my coaster friends and I decided we needed to go to Texas, even if just for a few days, because we knew it would be worth it to finally get on New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler.

...But First! A quick stop at Six Flags Magic Mountain because our flight didn't leave until 6:00pm.
image1.PNG
Here's a fun crappy picture of my friends and I riding Twisted Colossus at the film shoot (Front two rows on the blue train!)
image (15).jpeg
Why not start our trip off with a little refresher ride on our only RMC so far? [RMC #1]
image (6).jpeg
Decent signage Magic Mountain! Props to you!
image (7).jpeg
Here's the gang - PSA: the back of the train is insane!
image (30).jpeg
And a quick ride on Batman before we head to the airport - It's still one of the best coasters at SFMM
image (8).jpeg
The next morning we woke up in San Antonio - We made our way to SFFT for Iron Rattler [RMC #2]
image (9).jpeg
That drop is... Holy hell... And the drop off the quarry wall at the end?.. Unbelievable. Another top-10 coaster! After 9 rides, I actually preferred this to Twisted Colossus!
image copy.jpeg
These are also the comfiest trains on an RMC, the coaster is glass smooth!
image (2) copy.jpeg
Seriously, this coaster is a piece of art, my only complaint is the slightly slow section with the outward bank on top of the quarry. I also wish it was a tad longer, but I was very happy!
image (23).jpeg
This also blew me away - Krypton Coaster is definitely my favorite floorless now, edging out Kraken
image (1) copy.jpeg
I love the interaction with the quarry wall! Just a great layout - Not your cookie-cutter B&M floorless!
image (24).jpeg
Here's our Batman clone #2 of the trip - This one is mirrored and has a terrible name!
image (14).jpeg
They also had this thing... Better than Green Lantern, but still not really for me. I found it very uncomfortable, oh well!
image (3) copy.jpeg
We had just gotten every credit when we had our only rain of the whole trip. It only lasted 45 mins, but it was torrential!

Coming up next: Day 2 at SeaWorld and SFOT!
Last edited by chickenbowl on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:36 pm.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's [Photo TR]

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Enjoying the TR so far! Can't wait for more!! :br
Bigger is not always better.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby blakelemay23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Epic already! can't wait to see more.

Cedar Point - Ride Operator
Sky Ride Crew 2016
Sky Ride Team Leader 2017

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:35 am

Fantastic trip review so far, really interesting reading one that will involve all the RMC's! :)

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby snapfordakids » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:06 am

Iron Rattler is everything! The first drop is insane especially in the back seat. I agree about the length but the setting can't be beat! Same for Krypton Coaster. Look forward to seeing the rest of the TR.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:34 am

Following your TR! I haven't been on any RMC coasters either and have been wondering how they all stack up against each other. Excited to read about the rest of your experiences.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:39 am

It was only a matter of time before someone attempted to hit as many RMC's as they could in a season! Looking good so far!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to ride all the remaining RMCs in North America by the end of 2016, so it'll be a fun thread to update. I should have the next update in a couple hours!
Chasing Airtime

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:29 pm

Day 2 started at SeaWorld San Antonio, which was my final SeaWorld/Busch park that I had left to visit. Although it didn't have too many rides, I found the park to be really pretty and I had a very pleasant morning at the park. We then made the 4-hour drive to SFOT to get some RMC rides, cause that's what our trip is all about!

After the past few years of RMC rapidly developing, I thought that perhaps New Texas Giant would be overshadowed in 2015. I was wrong! I found New Texas Giant to be amazing - a plethora of airtime, and a nice long ride time. This coaster seriously competes with some of the great Intamins of the 2000's. The first double-up is insane in the front, the small hill after the 3rd overbank is also ridiculous. Due to the ride's length, and non-stop airtime, NTAG skyrocketed right to my favorite steel RMC, over Iron Rattler and Twisted Colossus.

Side note - I forgot to take a picture of the 4th Batman clone of my trip (SFOT) :Pr
1.jpeg
Great looking entrance, the use of glass is amazing!
2.jpeg
Steel Eel is my favorite coaster at the park, I loved the scenic lake placement
3.jpeg
Down they go. The coaster has some nice pops throughout, I want to ride more of these Morgan hypers for sure!
4.jpeg
Batman clone #3 of the trip. Check out the girl's face!
4a.jpeg
Is it a credit? Who cares! Now we drive to SFOT
5.jpeg
Here it is! The original RMC - And my god, it's great! [RMC #3]
6.jpeg
My only complaint are probably the 3 consecutive overbanks at the beginning. They kinda feel the same, and RMC has innovated so much since 2011 that they almost feel dated.
8.jpeg
But the copious amounts of airtime make up for that small factor!
7.jpeg
This hill that passes under the lift is really really good in the back row.
9.jpeg
Shock Wave was easily the second best coaster at SFOT. Great spots of airtime in the back row, and the loops were quite intense.
10.jpeg
Although I haven't ridden a ton of Schwarzkopf coasters, Shock Wave is definitely my favorite!
11.jpeg
Taken from the Justice League entrance, a very fun dark ride! I hope to see more of these pop up, they're really great.
12.jpeg
This thing was terrifying. The views were spectacular, but when the wind got going... Woah.
13.jpeg
Night rides = AMAZING
14.jpeg
The original RMC drop, it's incredible in the back. But the front has the double-up!
15.jpeg
I got about 10 rides in NTAG over the trip. So far, we were having a blast!

Coming up next: Day 3 at Silver Dollar City and bonus credits!
Last edited by chickenbowl on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 pm.
Chasing Airtime

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Condor » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Nice TR! My 2015 was a bit of an RMC expedition as well, though I didn't make it to Wicked Cyclone or Goliath. I agree with your assessment of New Texas Giant. The repetition in the first half dogs it a bit compared to its successors, but still a fantastic coaster.

Looking forward to the rest and I'm curious to see how you rank them at the end. I'd go: 1. Medusa Steel Coaster, 2. Outlaw Run, 3. Twisted Colossus, 4. New Texas Giant, 5. Iron Rattler

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!