TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sunway Lagoon To Build Wild Mouse Water Coaster

A small but weird bit of news. Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia is building a new coaster for 2016 from Interpark.

The ride is essentially a mash up between a wild mouse and a water coaster with a series of sharp turns and small drops before a larger hill into a splash down below. This ride kind of maker sense for what is essentially a water park with some dry rides but it is a little odd.

The coaster will feature hovercraft themed cars and aprox 984ft of track

CRIOVSZW8AA8w98.png

Source

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of splashdowns in third world countries

This park is very not third world. Parts of Malaysia for sure, but this place is in Kuala Lumpur and very modern. *I* would even probably ride this! (Maybe)

I consider New Jersey to be third world!

The tunnel portion is like a mix of Nights in White Satin at Hard Rock Park and a car wash.[/quote

Nothing is even in the league of Nights in White Satin.

I should note that I didn't mean to imply that it was anywhere near the realm of Nights, just that it looks like someone tried to theme a drive-thru car wash to it.

• 4 months later...
Sunway Lagoon was a really big surprise for me, the park is very nice and clean and the water park is totally awesome!

I actually went to Sunway on a bad day. The powered coaster was being removed and the mine train was closed. The park was very clean but the locker policy drove me round the bend. It's certainly a step up from some of the other local parks though. Certainly a park I'd be willing to give another shot.

Back on topic though the new coaster has gone vertical.

Looks better than the concept art

1934762_1519823581656368_513862361013273369_n.jpg?oh=3e926948d17d73ab1693a1873e8cee7c&oe=5759C254

Source

looks a bit different to the original concept art

CRIOVSZW8AA8w98.png

• 1 month later...

I thought the coaster in the video looked really fun too, and totally something I would try! The new coaster looks more solid in terms of construction. Hopefully if this one does well, we could see it hit more parks elsewhere?

• 5 months later...