Photo TR: Andy's 2015 Trip to Cedar Point

August 10-11, 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2015 Trip to Cedar Point

Postby The Great Zo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:00 pm

GCI Wooden wrote:Awesome trip report, as always! There are so many stunning photos!

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

ElToroMillieniumForce wrote:Glad I helped inspire your little trip to Battery Park - I just love being over there for a while - nice and relaxing...

Totally agree, usually. This time, the wind made it hard to relax! Definitely had to work for a handful of decent pictures out of a couple hundred that were garbage.

ElToroMillieniumForce wrote:...hope you don't mind me borrowing some of your ideas!

Credit to Mark for this also, but one idea that's always good for some interesting angles is the exit platform / ramp of rides. As long as you're out of the station, you can stick around for a few minutes and get some views that most people just walk right past on their way to the next coaster. Maverick's is among the best.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Finally got a chance to read your TR... really nice work! I am seriously jonesing for some more MF and Maverick. Agree wholeheartedly about the MF station, ride ops, and general pumped up atmosphere during the night rides making it an unparalleled experience. I rode twice in a row for my last late night ride in July and the entire train was like your pics. Every single person had their hands up and we were all hooting and hollering the entire time. It was like a sports game but without all the profanity and spilled beer! Can't wait to go back next year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:44 am

I really like the pictures of the park with the lake in the foreground.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby PixelRush » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:01 am

Do you recommend 2 or 3 days at the park to experience all the family rides+? I may be going next year, and I love the coasters especially, so multiple rides must happen! Great TR!
I have the rumblies, the rumblies that only AIRTIME can satisfy. :airtimer:
Top Steel: Maverick [Cedar Point] Top Wood: El Toro [Six Flags Great Adventure] Coaster Count: 74
My username is Zergei on the NLE Forum (to be NLC someday...)
Proud member of the Cult of Skank Mountain, where the airtime is to die for.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby FaithPlus1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:15 am

One of the best parts of TPR are the amazing Trip Reports. It doesn't matter what park it is, I can always enjoy a good TR.
With this being said, I have never enjoyed the pics and commentary as much as yours! So many pics to comment on! Of course the TTD one is awesome! The pics from across the lake. The Ferris Wheel through Raptor's loop. The sunset looking like an eye. The consecutive pics of Snake River Falls on its splashdown. I can go on and on!

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to future reports from you.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Texascoaster89 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:40 am

Great report sir! I've got to agree about Millennium Force.

I didn't get to make my first visit until September last year (2014). It was the one I'd waited 14 years to ride and my girlfriend (now my fiancee) said I had the biggest smile she'd ever seen while we were taking our first ever ride.

May this year we returned, I got 10 rides including a midnight final train ride in the front and some employees hopped on also! One of the best roller coaster experiences one could ever hope for!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/c830d0066cbcb7cd43c127e431b8455a.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Great pics. I was there 5 days and still didn't have enough time to take that many good photos and try to ride everything in the park and waterpark. There is just so much to do at Cedar Point, plus take the time to take amazing photos...It's hard to do. Unless you have fast lane plus of course, which I plan to do next time I visit.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ElectricUncleSam » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:03 pm

"Maybe tallest inversion" in the world? What's the emphasis on here?
Been Riding For: 4 Years
Coaster Count: 80 (63 steel, 20 wood) at 14 Parks (9 states, 1 country, 1 continent, 1 planet)
Steel: 1: 1: Skyrush 2: Millennium Force 3: Storm Chaser 4: Goliath 5: Maverick
Wood: 1: Outlaw Run 2: Voyage 3: Great American Scream Machine 4: Georgia Cyclone 5: Mystic Timbers
Add me on Coasterbuzz: MohawkWarrior

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby bkwjjm » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Excellent report and fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing. :)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Mega_Coaster_77 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Great trip report. Those were easily some of the best pictures ive ever seen of Cedar Point. Makes me wish i could just go there eventually. :)
Top 3 Steel
1. Bizarro (SFNE)2. Wicked Cyclone (SFNE)3. Nitro (SFGADV)
Top 3 Wood
1. El Toro (SFGA) 2. Boulder Dash (LC) 3. Wooden Warrior (Quassy)
Coaster Count: 30 Park Count: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!