TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm obviously a minority in this but I adore Goliath, more so than OR and Storm Chaser. I don't know why I don't like OR as much as it has way more elements, roughly the same size, etc. but Goliath is just superb to me.

The drop is phenomenal and the inversions are easily the best of any coaster I've been on. (Pretzel loops come close) It's just an extremely fun ride that has me smiling and laughing the entire time.

I really like Storm Chaser but the second half was... different?

The first half is absolute perfection but it felt too slow after the barrel roll and the airtime was uncomfortable for some reason.

I prefer ejector air way more than floater but the airtime on the last few hills feels almost Magnum-esq. I really like Magnum, but I don't think that style of airtime works for an RMC.

NTAG however, thats my sh*t

I have a very hard time ranking NTaG and Outlaw Run. They're both so ridiculously fun and feel like complete rides and along with MF and Maverick make up the true upper tier of coasters I've ridden. IRat is a little underneath this tier as it feels shorter and less consistent but is still one of the best rides I've been on.

I have been on Goliath and Storm Chaser. Goliath ended wayyy to quickly and Storm Chaser didn't meet expectations.

When did you ride it? Because a few weeks ago it was HAULING and apparently the other train is even faster! (It was only running one train when we went).

July 3rd. Rainy day. Wasn't a bad ride, to me it was overshadowed by Lightning Run

I kind of have the same opinion. Storm Chaser is a great ride, absolutely awesome from start to finish, but I like Lightning Run a little more. I can't really say why, but if I'm in that park, and I have time for one last ride, Lightning Run's the one I'd choose. They do different things, and they're both really a lot of fun. KK is doing incredible things with their new coasters. I just went earlier this year for the first time, and I already want to go back.

To each his own. I LOVED Lightning Run but I loved Storm Chaser more. I definitely rode SC way more on my trip, and saved it for last. We have a special relationship now because she stole my car keys and I had to wait in the parking lot killing time with my boyfriend for several hours waiting for the locksmith to arrive. I got the keys mailed back a few days later but they don't work because now only the smithed key works.

But besides the backstory, we experienced some gnarly thigh-bruising ejector in the second half of that ride. It had the strongest ejector of any of the 5 RMCs I've ridden. Lightning Run had some great airtime too but it wasn't nearly as strong as SC to me, and the lap bars kind of hurt my shins.

Went on my 4th RMC this weekend and hopefully TC will make it my 5th next weekend. As of now:

1. Iron Rattler- love how it plays with the terrain and last drop is GREAT!

2. Joker- Rode this weekend, so much airtime in back and front. Proves taller doesn't mean better.

3. NTAG- Love its length and airtime, but wished more crazy elements, not necessarily upside down.

4. Goliath- wayyyyyy too short which is no excuse because it was built from scratch.

Looking forward to TC this weekend hopefully to change my ranking, although without riding it I assume it will be before or after NTAG in the ranking.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got two new RMC credits in the past two weekends: Joker and Twisted Colossus. I've now hit 5 of the 11 RMCs and rank them as follows:

1. Iron Rattler- love how it plays with the terrain and last drop is GREAT! It is a bit short, but so unique. This was my first RMC, but I rode it over 5 times and it never disappointing.

2. Twisted Colossus- I was afraid it would be a let down, and it wasn't! Rode in the front and very back- both provided EJECTOR air and the dueling aspect really does make it so fun. Upside down while another train is going over an airtime hill, and these crazy sideways "high fives" are SOO fun. Even when not dueling, the coaster packs a punch and is very unique.

3. Joker- so much airtime in back and front. Proves taller doesn't mean better. A good length and fun from beginning til end.

4. NTAG- Love its length, but wished more crazy and intense elements and I don't necessarily mean upside down. Airtime was there, but not even comparable to TC or Joker airtime.

5. Goliath- wayyyyyy too short which is no excuse because it was built from scratch. Sure the first drop is great, but seems shortest of the above four and should have one more lap around.

Can't wait to get on more of the RMCs. Such an innovative and AMAZING product that really delivers. I look forward to Mean Streak RMC and predict it will be the tallest, fasted, and longest hybrid coaster out there.

1. WIldfire (my all time favorite coaster)

2. Outlaw Run (just wow)

3. Iron Rattler (The drops from the cliff are great)

4. Wicked Cyclone (the smaller one, but packes and awesome punch)

5. Goliath (was blown away when I rode it, the ride was open for just 11 days then, looking back now after doing more RMC's I still think it's an great ride. But not one of the best RMC's)

6. New Texas Giant (The only 'mwah' RMC, after the first turn the forces disappointed my)

Can't wait for Joker and Twisted Colossus next year.

I realized I never posted in this thread, and since I got a few credits over the summer, so...

1. Lightning Rod

2. Iron Rattler (fight me)

3. Outlaw Run

4. Goliath

So jealous of all those topper track credits! I've been on I-box so far, but I feel like I'd enjoy topper track more

• 4 months later...

I've finally ridden another RMC. Now I can stop whoring this thread.

1. Lightning Rod

11. Goliath

Don't get me wrong. Goliath is still a great ride, but I rode Lightning Rod twice today... Back row is literally my heaven on earth, as you can tell by my signature. Full trip report coming soon

Unfortunately, I've only ridden one RMC, Goliath at SFGAm.

I freaking love it, but it does seem to be consistently rated last among RMC's by those who have ridden a handful or more of their coasters.

A common criticism seems to be that it's way too short, which seems on the mark to me because the ride does seem to end a little too abruptly.

But looking at the RCDB stats for other RMC's, Goliath doesn't appear to be substantively shorter than most of the others. the 1st grouping of four below are all significantly longer, but the 2nd grouping of seven are all within several hundred feet of each other, with Goliath right smack dab in the middle of the pack.

1. Twisted Colossus - 4,990 ft

2. New Texas Giant - 4,200 ft

3. Wildfire - 4,150.3 ft

4. Lightning Rod - 3,800 ft

5. Wicked Cyclone - 3,320 ft

6. Iron Rattler - 3,266 ft

7. Joker - 3,200 ft

8. Goliath - 3,100 ft

9. Medusa Steel Coaster - 3,000 ft

10. Outlaw Run - 2,937 ft

11. Storm Chaser - 2,744 ft

A question for those who have ridden Goliath and some of the others in the second group above: why does Goliath seem so much shorter than the others? Is it the height, and henceforth speed, of the ride that just eats up track more quickly compared to the others? Or is it more that the individual elements are just bigger and more drawn-out and not as numerous, hence the ride doesn't feel like it "does" as much as some of the others in its length range?

In any event, if Goliath really is the weakest of the bunch (and i LOVE it), I guess that just means that I have a whole hell of lot more RMC goodness out there to seek out and ride once I can start getting out to parks more often (I'm lost in babyland these days with a 2 year old and a 1 year old). I'm already making plans for a Cedar Point 2018 trip, so at least there's that at a minimum.

Unfortunately, I've only ridden one RMC, Goliath at SFGAm.

I freaking love it, but it does seem to be consistently rated last among RMC's by those who have ridden a handful or more of their coasters.

A common criticism seems to be that it's way too short, which seems on the mark to me because the ride does seem to end a little too abruptly.

But looking at the RCDB stats for other RMC's, Goliath doesn't appear to be substantively shorter than most of the others. the 1st grouping of four below are all significantly longer, but the 2nd grouping of seven are all within several hundred feet of each other, with Goliath right smack dab in the middle of the pack.

1. Twisted Colossus - 4,990 ft

2. New Texas Giant - 4,200 ft

3. Wildfire - 4,150.3 ft

4. Lightning Rod - 3,800 ft

5. Wicked Cyclone - 3,320 ft

6. Iron Rattler - 3,266 ft

7. Joker - 3,200 ft

8. Goliath - 3,100 ft

9. Medusa Steel Coaster - 3,000 ft

10. Outlaw Run - 2,937 ft

11. Storm Chaser - 2,744 ft

A question for those who have ridden Goliath and some of the others in the second group above: why does Goliath seem so much shorter than the others? Is it the height, and henceforth speed, of the ride that just eats up track more quickly compared to the others? Or is it more that the individual elements are just bigger and more drawn-out and not as numerous, hence the ride doesn't feel like it "does" as much as some of the others in its length range?

In any event, if Goliath really is the weakest of the bunch (and i LOVE it), I guess that just means that I have a whole hell of lot more RMC goodness out there to seek out and ride once I can start getting out to parks more often (I'm lost in babyland these days with a 2 year old and a 1 year old). I'm already making plans for a Cedar Point 2018 trip, so at least there's that at a minimum.

The reason it seems so short is because of its height in relation to its length. The speed generated from the large drops propels it though the course very quickly and there's slightly less elements than the other RMC's.

It's not length. It's the number and variety of the elements. Outlaw Run and Storm Chaser, the two shortest, are also my two favourites, for the relentless variety and fierce airtime. Goliath is paced like a coaster twice as long, so it feels shorter even though it's not. That said, Goliath is still in my top 10 wood coasters. It's only when comparing it to other RMCs that it doesn't measure up.

It's not length. It's the number and variety of the elements. Outlaw Run and Storm Chaser, the two shortest, are also my two favourites, for the relentless variety and fierce airtime. Goliath is paced like a coaster twice as long, so it feels shorter even though it's not. That said, Goliath is still in my top 10 wood coasters. It's only when comparing it to other RMCs that it doesn't measure up.

I'm seconding this! I've only ridden Goliath, Storm Chaser, and Lightning Rod (and LR is my fave of the three), but prefer Storm Chaser to Goliath easily, even though I still loved Goliath. I also felt like SC is longer, and the reason he (^) stated is accurate as to why this is. But again, Goliath is still in my Top 10 coasters overall (all 3 RMCs are), so I really liked it!

Finally got on Lightning Rod and I can update that LR DEFINITELY takes the cake for me. So now I'd rank:

1. Lightning Rod

2. Storm Chaser

3. Joker

4. Wicked Cyclone (Joker and WC are very close for me, but I like the drop on Joker a lot better)

5. Twisted Colossus

6. Goliath

I could potentially see myself switching some of these around in the future, especially if I get more rides on TC and decide to rank it higher.

Aiming to hit Outlaw Run this year

I'll be adding Lightning Rod to my list come July... I'm super excited to see how it changes my RMC lineup... It currently looks like:

1.) Outlaw Run

2.) New Texas Giant

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.) Iron Rattler

Only been on two:

1. Lightning Rod

2. Storm Chaser

They both definitely ride differently, so anyone that still says "if you've ridden one, you've ridden them all" clearly hasn't experienced enough of them.

I got to experience Storm Chaser go through a few phases throughout the year, including the ride's sluggishness on opening weekend to when it finally hauled a** a couple months later, and when they temporarily experimented with different wheels which made for a louder, more vibrate-y ride.

I've only ridden Twisted Colossus so far, and it's my favorite ride at SFMM. I'm hoping to get up to NorCal and ride Joker sometime this year. I also have some relatives living in San Antonio. Eventually, I'll plan a trip to visit them and ride Iron Rattler.

• 1 month later...

After riding Lightning Rod two weeks ago, here is my new rankings of the RMCs that I have ridden:

1) Lightning Rod

2) Outlaw Run

3) New Texas Giant

4) Iron Rattler

5) Twisted Colossus

6) Joker

7) Storm Chaser

8) Wicked Cyclone

9) Goliath