Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 23 May 2006
Gender: Male

Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby kweiss » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:51 am

Anyone hit all 7? I'm wondering how they stack up.

New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
Goliath - Six Flags Great America
Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England

I've only done New Texas Giant and Wicked Cyclone. I much preferred NTAG (my #3) over Wicked Cyclone (my #14). NTAG's airtime seemed more intense, and not being allowed to select my own seat on Wicked Cyclone really put a damper on my ride.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:57 pm.
Coaster Count: 75
Park Count: 12

#1: El Toro | #2 Boulder Dash | #3 New Texas Giant | #4 Millennium Force | #5 Top Thrill Dragster | #6 Intimidator 305 | #7 Fury 325 8) Bizarro (SFNE) | #9 Maverick | #10 Nitro

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:53 am

Wicked Cyclone is getting such mixed reviews, someone people are putting it as their new #1...while others are like meh top 20 or so. I'm planning to ride it in late August. Then maybe the two Texas RMCs in Sept-Oct
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 23 May 2006
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby kweiss » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:59 am

Superbatboy wrote:Wicked Cyclone is getting such mixed reviews, someone people are putting it as their new #1...while others are like meh top 20 or so. I'm planning to ride it in late August. Then maybe the two Texas RMCs in Sept-Oct

I'm guessing it depends on where you sit and how much you like inversions vs. airtime.

On my SFNE visit I was one person away from riding in the front row, but was told instead I had to ride in my least favorite part of the train, the middle. I was so frustrated it really put a damper on my ride. With only 2 more hours in the park, and I decided I didn't want risk a mediocre seat again and instead used my limited time to get some additional rides on Bizarro.
Coaster Count: 75
Park Count: 12

#1: El Toro | #2 Boulder Dash | #3 New Texas Giant | #4 Millennium Force | #5 Top Thrill Dragster | #6 Intimidator 305 | #7 Fury 325 8) Bizarro (SFNE) | #9 Maverick | #10 Nitro

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:05 am

kweiss wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:Wicked Cyclone is getting such mixed reviews, someone people are putting it as their new #1...while others are like meh top 20 or so. I'm planning to ride it in late August. Then maybe the two Texas RMCs in Sept-Oct

I'm guessing it depends on where you sit and how much you like inversions vs. airtime.

On my SFNE visit I was one person away from riding in the front row, but was told instead I had to ride in my least favorite part of the train, the middle. I was so frustrated it really put a damper on my ride. With only 2 more hours in the park, and I decided I didn't want risk a mediocre seat again and instead used my limited time to get some additional rides on Bizarro.


I bet the front would've had the strongest airtime, on TC the airtime is so strong in the front seat that my thighs hurt the next day.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:28 am

My rankings are simple:
1. Texas Giant
2. Twisted Colossus

It seems like Texas Giant had the perfect foundation for a conversion. The original was very tall with an interesting layout, which in turn to what may be the best RMC conversion. I also think that Texas Giant is helped by the lack of inversions, so there are no elements like this to interrupt the pace of the airtime.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 47644
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:30 am

kweiss wrote:Anyone hit all 7? I'm wondering how they stack up.

New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
Goliath - Six Flags Great America
Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England

I've only done New Texas Giant and Wicked Cyclone. I much preferred NTAG (my #3) over Wicked Cyclone (my #14). NTAG's airtime seemed more intense, and not being allowed to select my own seat on Wicked Cyclone really put a damper on my ride.

In about 8 weeks I'll have been on all of them. It's sort of hard for me to rank them all, but if I had to it would look something like this:

1. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
1. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
1. Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
1. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
2. Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
3. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
TBD - Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sorry, I just couldn't not tie those first four for #1! lol

And even my least favorite RMC is still better than 95% of the roller coasters in the world!

I know more about donkeys than women!
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby ALT2870 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:38 am

I'll be two shy after the middle of August. (Cyclone and Medusa)
Image

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 25 Mar 2015
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby ACES » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 am

I'm going on my first Rocky Mountain Coasters Outlaw Run and Goliath at the end of July when I visit Silver Dollar City and Six Flags Great America.

Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 23 May 2006
Gender: Male

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby kweiss » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:10 pm

robbalvey wrote:
kweiss wrote:Anyone hit all 7? I'm wondering how they stack up.

New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
Goliath - Six Flags Great America
Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England

I've only done New Texas Giant and Wicked Cyclone. I much preferred NTAG (my #3) over Wicked Cyclone (my #14). NTAG's airtime seemed more intense, and not being allowed to select my own seat on Wicked Cyclone really put a damper on my ride.

In about 8 weeks I'll have been on all of them. It's sort of hard for me to rank them all, but if I had to it would look something like this:

1. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
1. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
1. Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
1. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
2. Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
3. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
TBD - Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sorry, I just couldn't not tie those first four for #1! lol

And even my least favorite RMC is still better than 95% of the roller coasters in the world!
I'll assume NTAG listed first means it's the true #1. :lol:

The 2011 TPR NTAG event with nighttime ERT was one of my most memorable coaster experiences. If I remember right, they even turned off the midcourse trim brakes for us. Those rides were unbelievable.
Coaster Count: 75
Park Count: 12

#1: El Toro | #2 Boulder Dash | #3 New Texas Giant | #4 Millennium Force | #5 Top Thrill Dragster | #6 Intimidator 305 | #7 Fury 325 8) Bizarro (SFNE) | #9 Maverick | #10 Nitro

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6197
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Location: These Ozarks Hills
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:48 pm

kweiss wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
kweiss wrote:Anyone hit all 7? I'm wondering how they stack up.

New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
Goliath - Six Flags Great America
Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England

I've only done New Texas Giant and Wicked Cyclone. I much preferred NTAG (my #3) over Wicked Cyclone (my #14). NTAG's airtime seemed more intense, and not being allowed to select my own seat on Wicked Cyclone really put a damper on my ride.

In about 8 weeks I'll have been on all of them. It's sort of hard for me to rank them all, but if I had to it would look something like this:

1. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
1. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
1. Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
1. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
2. Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
3. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
TBD - Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sorry, I just couldn't not tie those first four for #1! lol

And even my least favorite RMC is still better than 95% of the roller coasters in the world!
I'll assume NTAG listed first means it's the true #1. :lol:

The four #1's are listed chronologically! :evil:

ACES wrote:I'm going on my first Rocky Mountain Coasters Outlaw Run and Goliath at the end of July when I visit Silver Dollar City and Six Flags Great America.

Awesome! Those are the two I've ridden also. Goliath is easily the best coaster at SF Great America, but it's definitely not quite up to the standards of Outlaw Run. Goliath is an excellent roller coaster, but Outlaw Run does things you didn't think were possible. I've ridden Outlaw Run dozens of times over the last three years, and I'm still in awe of sideways airtime. The math was explained somewhere on this site, so it makes sense now how it happens, but wow--it's a truly incredible feeling. Have fun!
Image

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron