Show us your collection!!!

What theme park & roller coaster stuff do you have?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Show us your collection!!!

Postby storms555 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Also forgot to add the Twister keychains from Universal Studios is from 1999. How cool is the 3d keychain springy tornado?? :p The third one i got a few years back.
-The bumper car key chain was actually given to me by a family friend a long time ago but since its from Indiana Beach,and i went myself,i decided to add it.
-The old gumball machine keychain is from Kings Island when i went back in 2004 when it was still Paramount. You see it warn though....lol.Thats another park i would like to go back to one day! Diamond Back and Banshee looks awesome!
-I also decided to include two keychains from Keylime Cove indoor waterpark. Not exactly an amusement park but water parks are kind of like amusement parks in some ways and also its by Great America.
-The autograph book with Tweetie is from when Darien Lake was a Six Flags
-The other Six Flags keychains are from my home Six Flags. Great America. The wand/stick keychain is a mini version of one of those toys that make that *WAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPP!!* noise when you move it back and forth and includes rain stick beads. I have more Great America keychains as well if you like me to add them.
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:12 pm

^ Amazing you remember so much about each one! But that's how memories are made, right? :smile:
And here's one key chain from Scandi I forgot, as it's not on the backpack. It's hanging from a pin
on my cork message boars, beside me here. I got it in Linnanmaki Park, our last park of the Tour.
IMG_2954.JPG
I thought it was parks on it, at first. (Well duh, how many parks in Finland?)
IMG_2954a.JPG
But nope. It's cities in Finland! Do any of you see your home town here?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Here is some more keychains i found as well:)
Park Keychains8.jpg
I found some more Great America keychains. As well as Holiday World. I also decided to include a magnet. Kings Island Racers. The little plane although has no logo is from Martins Fantasy Island. The otter is from Sea World San Diego when i went back in 1998. The Circus Circus keychain i decided to including as the place as Adventuredome. I also found another NY NY coaster keychain. I soo wish i got a keychain or two from the Stratosphere tower but we didnt really have time. I decided to include the Orlando and Wisconsin Dells keychains because both cities are known for amusement parks and/or water parks.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:38 pm

^ What's that little blue whistle one, from? :smile:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:43 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ What's that little blue whistle one, from? :smile:

Thats the Circus Circus/Adventuredome one. :)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Simon Baynham » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 am

I have been collecting amusement park/roller coaster-related books, magazines, VHSs and DVDs for about 18 years. My current collection consists of:

704 books.
274 DVDs.
115 VHSs.
528 enthusiast magazines.

I would like to be kept up-to-date with any titles I am missing (minus Disney and Coney Island titles, of which there are far too many). My collection may be viewed at RollerCoasterMediaLibrary.com

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:41 pm

I brought back a really "generic" big coffee mug ~ if you count a CASTLE wrapping itself around the mug as "generic". :wink:

It's a Disney Resort mug, but there's nothing that would tell you that, except the brand on the mug's base.

Still, I fell in love with it, the second I saw it, in Disneyalnd. So I kept reminding myself about it, and finally
picked one up, at Disney's Business District at their HUMUNGOUS World of Disney store. I really found everything
I had wanted having seen it/them in the parks, etc etc.

And the packaging for it was UNREAL! I believe they were doing it for air travel, but since I was taking the train home,
I thought was a teensy bit unnecessary. But hey - didn't cost me anything extra.

Here's the mug...
IMG_2565.JPG
How the mug came home with me, on the train. Mysterious, yes? No?
IMG_2566.JPG
One side of it. Haven't thought to check for Hidden Mickeys! Soon. And...
IMG_2567.JPG
The other side, with a peek into the mug. Nothing at all, on it's insides.
IMG_2568.JPG
Where it now hangs, with (most of) the other Disney Mugs. With one from Six Flags, and the other from Knotts. (o:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby awclark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 pm

Well here's something many of you may find interesting. This is about all my "collection" consists of these days, but they're certainly 1 of a kind rare items!

It's blueprints to The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dragon Challenge, as well as original color blueprints of the entirety of Islands of Adventure from 1999!

I believe I've posted pictures of these somewhere here on the forum before... most likely in the Universal Orlando thread. They've been in my possession for just about 10 years now though and ironically enough, I obtained them from someone here on TPR who was trying to sell each print to whoever wanted them haha!
IOA Blueprint.jpg
Blueprint of the whole park as it was originally planned in 1999. So obviously pre Storm Force, Flying Unicorn, Harry Potter, and Kong :)
Front half .jpg
The front half of the park!
Jurassic + Toon.jpg
Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon areas!
Lost Continent.jpg
The Lost Continent as it was before Harry Potter took over! Also note the original outdoor queue for Dueling Dragons that existed before Flying Unicorn/Hippogriff was installed :)
HULK.jpg
Prints for The Incredible Hulk Coaster!
DUELING.jpg
Prints for Dueling Dragons/ Dragon Challenge

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:42 am

I have a lot of theme park memorabilia that I have collected through the years. The one piece that is most unique and valuable to me is an original WDWmap that was displayed on the walls of all Contemporary and Polynesian Resort rooms from Walt Disney World’s opening in 1971 until the early 1980′s. Its an early illustration of the park created by the artist Paul Harley, and not many of the originals are still around. One of the last ones still on property was in the Adventure's Club hanging right where you made the turn to go to the restrooms.
mapwdw.jpg
closer.jpg
Closer view

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 pm

My older brother returned from a Japan trip for a college project and he stopped by Tokyo Disney. He purchased a lot of souvenirs for his friends and here's what I got:
IMG_1849.JPG
Maps, a bag, a guide and Stitch stuff! Because I love Stitch!
IMG_1850.JPG
I thought this was interesting. It's a themed cap that fits any plastic soda bottle.
IMG_1851.JPG
A pair of Chop "Stitch"
IMG_1853.JPG
I like this smashed penny for two reasons, 1. It's 100% free of Lincoln markings, 2. It has Stitch on it!
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!