Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 54 - Hyperion Front Seat POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 pm

:lover: :lover: :lover: It looks amazing! Not that I expected anything less from RMC. Reminds me of a cross between Goliath (SFGAm) and Hakugei! I can't wait to see this thing built. When it's done, I'd argue that Energylandia will have one of the if not the best 1-2 punch in Europe!

Side note: Anyone else realize the Schwur Des Karnan music playing throughout the video? Seems like it was being played by whoever recorded it, but that's still a bit odd. Not going to complain though, as Karnan probably has my favorite coaster soundtrack ever :)
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:21 pm

As AJ mentioned, I love those barrel rolls into turns. I also love how massive that zero G stall is.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Looks like RMC’s most artistic design yet! Can’t wait!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Dangggggg this park keeps getting better and better. Interesting that this time around, they're building a wooden structure but going with IBox track instead of Topper Track. Definitely a win regardless, but I do kind of prefer the slightly crazier feeling you get with Topper Track.

Was going to try and plan a trip here for next spring, but I might just hold off for 2020 for this. Then again, at the rate this park is adding awesome new stuff...

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 am

Seems to me that Europe allows more RMC Unleashed. I mean Wildfire and this coaster look so much better then Lightining Rod, Goliath or Outlaw Run.

Energylandia really worked itself on my radar I might find my way to there sometime in the future.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:50 pm

How is this ride legal? It's like Goliath meets Twisted Timbers. I love it. :lmao:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby coasterBro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 pm

I know it's not at all the popular opinion, but I'm really not a fan of a lot of what RMC has been doing. Don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff (I think Twisted Cyclone is perfect, love iRat, and quite enjoy NTaG & Goliath). But one of my biggest nitpicks are all the really weird little direction changes in the middle of elements. I think those take away from the flow of the ride. Just smoothly shape the element to get from the desired entry point to the exit. Sometimes I wonder if they haven't borrowed Ron Toomer's coathanger. (And if you think that's extreme, just imagine riding an RMC with Arrow OTSR's and how much headbanging you'd get on a lot of the transitions vs how an Arrow would ride with just lapbars.)
Current count: 699 Strict, 732 Total.
Currently taking suggestions for where to go (outside North America) and what to ride for #700.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby mark549 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Dombot wrote:How is this ride legal? It's like Goliath meets Twisted Timbers. I love it. :lmao:

Or maybe Goliath with the second half of the ride added on ...

I liked Goliath a lot, but it did feel incomplete.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 am

^^I don’t disagree with you. As fun as Steel Vengeance is, that weird trackwork is what keeps it from being one of my top...3?...coasters. Something about those mid-element kinks just feels clunky and cheap to me in a way that separates their coasters from the intense masterpieces from Intamin.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 am

coasterBro wrote:I know it's not at all the popular opinion, but I'm really not a fan of a lot of what RMC has been doing. Don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff (I think Twisted Cyclone is perfect, love iRat, and quite enjoy NTaG & Goliath). But one of my biggest nitpicks are all the really weird little direction changes in the middle of elements. I think those take away from the flow of the ride. Just smoothly shape the element to get from the desired entry point to the exit.

I know less about roller coaster engineering than I did a few years ago, but based on logic...

Slightly wonky trackwork is an unfortunate consequence of using an existing structure to create a new ride. Sometimes getting the track and clearances to line up with a particular area of the support structure becomes more important than a completely smooth and lateral-free transition, especially on a coaster like Steel Vengeance that relies so much on track that runs underneath and / or through the lower points of the structure. Twisted Cyclone is the only Rocky Mountain coaster I've ridden so far but I'd be willing to bet that their brand-new coasters (Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, Goliath) have smoother transitions than their renovations because they have control of both the track layout and the support structure.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!