TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Vekoma is just the broker for Rocky Mountain coasters in Europe.
I've heard this about Vekoma many times, but what does it mean? It makes it sound like European RMCs will be designed by Schilke but built by Vekoma. Is that what happened with Wildfire?

I've heard this about Vekoma many times, but what does it mean? It makes it sound like European RMCs will be designed by Schilke but built by Vekoma. Is that what happened with Wildfire?

No that is wrong.

RMC has chosen Vekoma to help them selling their hybrid coasters in Europe, because Vekoma has a lot of contacts with european themeparks. This makes it a lot easier for RMC.

RMC still designs and builds these rollercoasters, but Vekoma will help them with the build.

No that is wrong.

RMC has chosen Vekoma to help them selling their hybrid coasters in Europe, because Vekoma has a lot of contacts with european themeparks. This makes it a lot easier for RMC.

RMC still designs and builds these rollercoasters, but Vekoma will help them with the build.

Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been wondering about the RMC-Vekoma relationship for a while.

So now this Vekoma contract with Energylandia, is that an RMC wooden coaster in addition to the hybrid?

No that's all about the same coaster

Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been wondering about the RMC-Vekoma relationship for a while.

Just as a tidbit to add, that relationship also means that Rocky Mountain Construction doesn't have to spend time and resources shipping their stuff over for the Euro Attractions Show every year, because Vekoma is already there.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it always seemed to me that the websites that are reporting the three new coasters for 2020 might have misinterpreted what the park released: My thought was that they are bidding on three different coasters, and will choose which one of the three will actually be built when they get the final proposals. Looking at the park on Google Earth, the only significant plot of land the park appears to have to place coasters of those sizes would be the field between Formula and Mayan at the back of the park, which would fit only one of those rides based on the dimensions we were given. (In fact the 150 meter x 90 meter size for the inverting Aquatrax and 110 meters by 85 meters for the mine train each fill out the field almost completely.) If, however, they own the field directly bordering the south of the park which currently looks like farmland, then that would in fact be way more than enough room for all three, but I'm not so sure about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^ They are thinking about two days tickets, price will not go much higher after opening hyper couse of polish people earn less than west european countrys so the tickets must be around 100/ 150 pln for now, maybe in few years it will be 200 ? Who knows.

Small info: there are roumors that the park will have 150hectars in ...2020,

And the other thing, wooden coaster in Energylandia propably will not be the first in Poland, Majaland in Kownaty (west Poland) will start costruction of wooden coaster (propably some kind of Heidi the ride at plopsaland) in 2/3 months

^^ They are thinking about two days tickets, price will not go much higher after opening hyper couse of polish people earn less than west european countrys so the tickets must be around 100/ 150 pln for now, maybe in few years it will be 200 ? Who knows.

Small info: there are roumors that the park will have 150hectars in ...2020,

And the other thing, wooden coaster in Energylandia propably will not be the first in Poland, Majaland in Kownaty (west Poland) will start costruction of wooden coaster (propably some kind of Heidi the ride at plopsaland) in 2/3 months

Thanks for the answer.

On their ticket site, it says "valid until october 2017" which is very strange considering we are almost in the third month of 2018 already.

• 3 weeks later...

This coaster's gonna be a doozy. Is the color scheme now a deep gray or even black, or is it unpainted, or is glare just playing tricks on me? It should be a great ride in any case, but black-on-black would be pretty plain jane for such a striking coaster.