TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Are those like the Skyrush trains but with the floor extended out the whole way? I wonder why they would extend the floor. I like the wing seats on Skyrush, probably even more than B&M. The restraints look better, though.

I like the control panel up front!

Every time I see a new post in this thread I'm thinking "Oh god, what new ride are they announcing now?" It actually took me a few seconds to realize this was just a name announcement for the new Intamin hypercoaster. The theming looks very interesting, if it's well executed it looks like it could be really awesome!

Are those like the Skyrush trains but with the floor extended out the whole way? I wonder why they would extend the floor. I like the wing seats on Skyrush, probably even more than B&M. The restraints look better, though.

Skyrush and Flying Aces are their own "Wing Coaster" type. These trains look like they're effectively just four-across versions of the ones that debuted on Taron and Hefei Wanda's new launched coaster, even with the ridiculous elevation of the center seats.

• 1 month later...

3 new roller coaster for Energylandia by 2020

Energylandia2020.JPG.7ecda347b6cb79b259b4b6962f0e56e9.JPG

EnergyLandia has released tenders for 3 new roller coasters that will open before or in the year 2020; An RMC I-Box, a Multi-Launch Water Coaster and a Mine Train Coaster.

For those who don't know it yet, Energylandia is a Polish amusement park open since 2014. It already has no less than 10 roller coasters, including 2 under construction. In 2017, the park has added 4 new roller coasters; a family boomerang from Vekoma, a kiddie coaster from SBF Visa Group, a spinning coaster from SBF Visa Group and a water coaster from Intamin, which is still under construction. For 2018, the park plans to add an Intamin Wing Coaster called Hyperion. It will stand 77 m high and will offer a 85° 81 m tall first drop allowing the trains to reach the maximum speed of 140 km/h.

For the year 2020, the park will add another 3 new roller coasters. This includes an RMC I-Box, a Multi-Launch Water Coaster and a Mine Train Coaster. Here is an extract of the technical characteristics of the rides, filed by the park.

RMC I-box

- Length: min. 1300 meters

- Height: max. 60 meters

- Speed: min. 110 km/h

- Inversions: min. 3

- Max G-Force: 4 G

- Min G-Force: -1,2 G

- Number of trains: 2

- Number of cars per train: 6

- Number of riders per train: 24

Launched Water Coaster

- Length: min. 1000 meters

- Height: min. 35 meters

- Speed: min. 100 km/h

- Launches: min. 2

- Inversions: min. 5

- Footprint: 150 x 90 m²

- Max G-Force: 3 G

- Number of trains: 2 or 3

Mine Train

- Length: min. 1200 meters

- Height: min. 15 meters

- Speed: min. 50 km/h

- LIft hills: min. 3

- Footprint: 110 x 85 m²

- Number of trains: min. 3

- Number of riders per train: min. 30

It should also be noted that the park has requested funding for an “innovative Tilt Coaster".

Also, on November 30th, 2017, Vekoma has given an offer to one of Energylandia's bids. Indeed, Vekoma has won a contract for a new wooden roller coaster. Since Vekoma is the European distributor of Rocky Mountain Construction, it will most likely be a wooden coaster signed from RMC!

Source

I know this park is getting funding from the EU. However, some of these coaster decisions seem more like they are coming from an enthusiast then from an actual group of managers. Who'd thought that another aquatraz would've been built...

If these rides do see the light of day, the park will have the best coaster collection in all of europe, no question!

And while I've never been to the park, from the videos I've seen the park looks kinda sketchy. Like it was erected from the ground a year ago (I know that's kinda the case BUT) with a very low budget even though they're putting out high quality rides such as the intamin hyper.

But in the end... Who cares they're building insane rides like there's no tomorrow.

RMC I-box

- Length: min. 1300 meters

- Height: max. 60 meters

- Speed: min. 110 km/h

- Inversions: min. 3

- Max G-Force: 4 G

- Number of trains: 2

- Number of cars per train: 6

- Number of riders per train: 24

Interesting, so a ground up hybrid? Or possibly the structure will be all steel? Can't wait until more details release about this one.

HOW ARE THEY PAYING FOR ALL THESE RIDES?!!?!?

Unpopular opinion here, and please feel free to chime in. I really hope that the park changes their new rollercoaster additions style, and here's why. I went onto RCDB.com and just had a quick peek at all of the rollercoasters they have or plan to have

They have/will have a:

-Spinning Mouse

-SLC

-SBF Visa 2-Helix Family Coasters

-SBF Visa Spinner

-Wacky Worm

-2nd Gen. Vekoma Launcher

-Vekoma Rollerskater

-Vekoma Family Suspended

-Go Gator

-Vekoma Family Boomerang

-Intamin Hyper

-Intamin Water Coaster

Now if we break those rides down into category of how "good" they are, we'll have:

Fantastic-

Hyperion (Intamin Hyper)

Formula (Vekoma Launch)

Good-

Roller Coaster Mayan (2nd Gen SLC)

Speed (Intamin Water Coaster)

Dragon (Vekoma Family/Thrill Suspended)

Eh-

Viking (Spinning Mouse)

Boomerang (Vekoma Family Boomerang)

Just here to bump up the coaster count-

Circus Coaster (Go Gator)

Frutti Loop Coasters (Wacky Worm)

Energús (Rollerskater)

Mars (SBF Family)

Happy Loops Coaster (SBF Spinner)

And looking at this breakdown, while some may disagree with placements of a few attractions, can see that by the time their 2 most recent rides open, they'll be in a bit of a situation. The park is rapidly expanding to try and hit 20 coasters, but then I'm concerned we'll be looking at a park with a severe case of Canada's Wonderland syndrome where they will have a few amazing coasters, a couple good supporting ones, and then a bunch of "eh" ones that are okay-why is this here, that will simply be there to get them up to 20 coasters. Magic Mountain had this problem for a long time where they'd be rapidly expanding without any thought towards future affectment, and now that they've taken a step back and looked at other things like dining experience, themed lands, and operations, they've definitely been able to make it a better park, even though they haven't added a coaster in over 4 years. The park is definitely making a step in the right direction by adding 2 world class coasters and a decent family one for 2019, however, there's still a lot of planning they need to do to be the premier rollercoaster park they're trying to achieve. I'm just worried that visitors will come for the "MOST ROLLERCOASTERS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD" ads, and then walk out saying "Well there were a couple good coasters, and that family coaster was fun, but a lot of rollercoasters there were kids ones and were trash" which then leads to eh reviews and less funding from the government, which leads to less rollercoasters, and less revenue. HOWEVER, the reason I haven't bashed the park on the things that Magic Mountain had when it was under this mindset is the park, aesthetics wise, looks fantastic. The Mars Coaster?! That had some of the most impressive theming I've ever seen on a kiddie coaster, and the operations look solid, and the food looks pretty decent. Every single ride looks well maintained, and although not in a themed land, looks heavily themed to it's respective self. So thank you if you've actually read all this which is pretty impressive, and let me know if you agree or disagree, I'd love to hear some other opinions on it

Wow. An Intamin hyper in 2018 and an RMC + by 2020. You would think this park was in China, but nope. I hope they're not biting off more than they can chew. So happy that I have family about an hour from the place. I predict a Flyer and either a Wing Coaster or Dive Machine by 2023, and an exact clone of Eagle Fortress, somehow, in 2024.

And looking at this breakdown, while some may disagree with placements of a few attractions, can see that by the time their 2 most recent rides open, they'll be in a bit of a situation. The park is rapidly expanding to try and hit 20 coasters, but then I'm concerned we'll be looking at a park with a severe case of Canada's Wonderland syndrome where they will have a few amazing coasters, a couple good supporting ones, and then a bunch of "eh" ones that are okay-why is this here, that will simply be there to get them up to 20 coasters.

Cedar Point's, Magic Mountain's, Canada's Wonderland's, and Energylandia's "most roller coasters" cards are really only draws to get people in the gates. Do you really expect any "normal" guests to even consider riding the SBFs, Wacky Worm and Go Gator? I certainly don't.

In addition, I'd bet that Energylandia's top demographic is families, and that it will likely stay that way even if they take the record. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the "eh" reviews you speak of would likely come from parents who would remark that there aren't enough choices for their children, had they not added these kids' coasters. You also have to consider that these kids coasters are alternatives to children's flat rides both to the guests and the park's design team. There are only so many variations on the Zamperla Jump Around formula. If they can kill two birds with one stone by having a children's tracked ride with its own layout that they can just so happen to call a coaster for their count, then so be it.

Also, on November 30th, 2017, Vekoma has given an offer to one of Energylandia's bids. Indeed, Vekoma has won a contract for a new wooden roller coaster. Since Vekoma is the European distributor of Rocky Mountain Construction, it will most likely be a wooden coaster signed from RMC!
So does this mean that they're getting a hyper-hybrid RMC, plus a wooden coaster with the RMC stamp of approval?

Wow.