Dubai Parks & Resorts Discussion Thread! Motiongate, Lego...

P. 10- Motiongate Grand Opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Motiongate Dubai Discussion Thread - Dubai Parks & Resor

Postby dubaidave » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 am

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby vfire » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Not at all surprised the opening dates have been pushed back. This is common practice in the Gulf to over-promise on opening dates (and number projections).

Eventually DPR will get everything open, but I would encourage everyone to hold off buying tickets to visit until all parks and rides are open. I feel bad for the people who already bought airline tickets thinking the opening dates were set realistically by the management.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby dubaidave » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:24 am

Motiongate Dubai has sent us a press release and photos showing a sneak peek at the construction of this exciting new park!

Action is in full-swing at MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, the Middle East’s largest Hollywood-inspired theme park, part of Dubai Parks and Resorts, the largest integrated theme park destination in the region, is revealed through a collection of images lending an exciting sneak peek of what’s to come this December. Featuring 27 action-packed rides and attractions including five roller coasters, plus 15 live entertainment experiences from character meet and greets to high energy live stage shows, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is bringing some of Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters to life.

From the iconic movie reel entrance to the working movie sets of Studio Central; to dining under a tornado of meatballs in Baby Brent’s Luncheonette in Sony Pictures Studios Zone and strolling past the charming mushroom-capped houses in the Smurfs Village Zone; to hopping aboard the fastest roller coaster in the park with Madagascar: Mad Pursuit in the DreamWorks Zone to immersing yourself into Step Up Dubai, All In!, the action-packed hip hop show hosted in the 1,000-seat Hollywood Theatre, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is bringing Hollywood to life in a truly immersive way.

Bringing together three of Hollywood’s powerhouse motion picture studios for the first time: DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Studios including the Smurfs and Lionsgate, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai will offer cinematic adventure for guests of all ages, year round.

Scheduled to open this year, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is part of Dubai Parks and Resorts which will also featureBollywood Parks™ Dubai, a first-of-its-kind theme park that will showcase rides and attraction based on some of Bollywood’s biggest blockbusters as well as the region’s first LEGOLAND® Park and a LEGOLAND® Water Park. The entire destination will be connected by Riverland™ Dubai – a retail and dining destination at the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts, and guests can stay at the Lapita™ Hotel, a Polynesian themed family hotel part of the Marriott Autograph® Collection. Expected to open in late 2019, Six Flags Dubai will be destination’s fourth theme park and the region’s first Six Flags theme park.
It’s worth mentioning that “Dubai Parks and Resorts” has recently launched a campaign on its social media platforms titled “All You See Is In Dubai”, which revolves around sharing exclusive, never seen before visuals giving viewers a glimpse into what awaits them when the destination opens its doors to the public.

Jump into the action with non-stop fun with an Annual Pass, now on sale at http://www.motiongatedubai.com and http://www.dubaiparksandresorts.com
MOTIONGATE DUBAI Main Gate.jpg
Baby Brent's Luncheonette.jpg
Ghostbusters.jpg
Hollywood Theatre.jpg
Madagascar Mad Pursuit.jpg
Smurfs Village Express.jpg
Smurfs Village.jpg
Studio Central.jpg
The Candy Apple.jpg
The Green Hornet, High Speed Chase.jpg
Zombieland Blast Off.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:38 am.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:54 am

^Thanks for posting the pictures, they've done a very good job with this park, the theming looks wonderful! Looking forward to seeing more when it opens.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:33 am

Some of the building exteriors look very plain. I want to say that they're not done yet...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Baffles » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 am

Looks great!

I believe opening has been pushed back until December, so they have plenty of time.
TowersTimes.co.uk | SouthParks.co.uk

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JordyC » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:31 pm

That is looking very good! I am excited to see more from this park. Thanks for sharing!
<< Quality Over Quantity >>

1. Taron - Phantasialand 2. Helix - Liseberg 3. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 6. Goliath - Walibi Holland 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland 10. Flug der Dämonen - Heide Park

Coasters: 119 || Parks: 22

Efteling - February 2017 || Liseberg - August 2016 || Holiday Park & Europa-Park - June 2016 || Walibi Holland - March 2016

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby CedarFlags » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Tbh, October 31st seemed like a slightly unrealistic opening day back when I first heard it announced.

Still way closer to on-time than Shanghai Disney. Lol

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Capitol Bullet Train the Mack launched coaster at Motiongate has finally gone vertical.

Mack.png

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby MagicAngel94 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:13 pm

tmp_8382-FB_IMG_14789310364301341501339.jpg
Zach Phillips - Instagram

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!