Accommodating Restraints - and unaccommodating restraints

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Accommodating Restraints - and unaccommodating restraint

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:34 pm

From what I've seen of Wicked Cyclone, it seems like people are more likely to get the walk of shame on a B&M invert/floorless.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Top 5 Parks- Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Dollywood

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby mpmbee » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Was at Hersheypark the other day and saw three different people not fitting on Skyrush. Not sure if this is common or not, maybe it's because the restraints come down more on your thighs than your lap.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:49 pm

I always though the belt on Skyrush seemed short so that doesn't surprise me.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 am

On a side note at Hersheypark, Great Bear now has modified seating in Rows 1,3,5, and 7 now (It used to be just Row 5).

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:22 am

The amount of people I've had to give the walk of shame to on Toro is ridiculous. Kingda Ka is pretty accommodating, I rarely had to give the boot on that ride.

One cool thing though is that the verify point is completely adjustable but is mandated by the manufacturer. Toro's verify point is when the lap bar is 12.5 inches from the back of the seat rest. Maintenance actually has a block of wood that they use to calibrate the sensors to this fit. They completely have the ability to loosen or tighten that verify but Intamin set 12.5 inches in stone for Toro.
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Stay Tuned

Credit Count: 303

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:18 am

El Toro_Ryan wrote:The amount of people I've had to give the walk of shame to on Toro is ridiculous. Kingda Ka is pretty accommodating, I rarely had to give the boot on that ride.

One cool thing though is that the verify point is completely adjustable but is mandated by the manufacturer. Toro's verify point is when the lap bar is 12.5 inches from the back of the seat rest. Maintenance actually has a block of wood that they use to calibrate the sensors to this fit. They completely have the ability to loosen or tighten that verify but Intamin set 12.5 inches in stone for Toro.

I love these pieces of information, Ryan. Thanks!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby fraroc » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:From what I've seen of Wicked Cyclone, it seems like people are more likely to get the walk of shame on a B&M invert/floorless.

Thanks for the information...I'm still going to start watching my diet anyway and working out more because I want to make sure I don't have any more problems with walks of shame in the future.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Chasehat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:48 am

Superman the Ride's lap bars are the worst. There's this one employee that works there this year that pushes the lap bar into your thighs with two huge pushes so your legs are just crying out in pain at every moment of air. Even if your not stapled the bar is still so bulky it cuts into some of the air.
Top 5 coasters:
1. Superman the Ride
2. El Toro
3. Boulder Dash
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Fury 325

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm 6'0 and 290 lbs and I have only been denied 3 coasters so far.

1. Abismo in Madrid - clamshell Maurer X-Car restraint. This one was weird as I have always ridden Hollywood RRR and ridden all of the Skyloop's without issue. Perhaps this was an original and a bit tighter.

2. The Mine Train at Ocean Park - ops didn't help on this one, and the lapbar was kind of bulky and hard for me to get one more click. I was solo, and if someone was with me I think it would have been fine.

3. Shambhala at Port Aventura - Yes, this B&M requires more clicks than the others. I've heard this is the same for the Japanese ones. I think it's 3 instead of the standard 2. I was able to ride Fury and Mako the last 2 years but not Shambhala. I just need to get back to my college weight of 265 and this should be a non issue.

RMC restraints are tight but I can get those myself by crossing my legs, pushing down myself, and then even uncrossing if I want. But no park has had an issue yet. I feel like SFM set their tolerances tighter on Medusa as that one was harder. Kentucky Kingdom's seemed to be the easiest, the ops didn't even have to push and of course Dollywood won't even try to push and I rode Lightning Rod at this weight.

Intamins lap bars and OTSRs are tight but never been a problem so far. Actually the NEW restraints they are using on Red Force, Taron, new hyper coming to Poland, etc are extremely comfortable and no issue at all.

Also have no problem getting the modern Mack trains closed. And they have more room in the back row I think.

B&M OTSR's require me to use the big boy seat on most coasters. I was able to get in a regular seat on some of the Batmans. Just need to get back to that college weight for any seat to be fine again...but I am glad to see more parks putting the bigger seats in other rows including front and back. The vests just barely work for any seat so I like those :)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Chasehat wrote:Superman the Ride's lap bars are the worst. There's this one employee that works there this year that pushes the lap bar into your thighs with two huge pushes so your legs are just crying out in pain at every moment of air. Even if your not stapled the bar is still so bulky it cuts into some of the air.

At least that employee will likely help get someone on. I haven't encountered them yet, but those lap bars are brutal.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!