Evermore Park Coming to Utah in 2015

"The World's First True 'Adventure Park'"
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Evermore Park Coming to Utah in 2015

Postby linearinduction » Thu May 22, 2014 8:45 am

RCF, did you include the article about the cost of Evermore Theme Park and a Downtown Performance Arts Center and Night Club in SLC having a Combined Investment of 20 Million Dollars or the Great Article with the Founder talking about all of the Employees being Actors, even the Janitorial Staff and the Restroom Attendants, or that the "experience" continues INSIDE the restrooms? I guess the guests that complain will be Hanged on the Morrow? lol I saw the property last week and right now there are a couple hundred trees planted in a field with a Holiday Gas Station in the Middle. Their "Office" or Converted House as it may be, has a not so nice looking Backyard Haunted House still set up. lol

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm

When I see these announcements I'm always a little skeptical. It always seems like they are fishing for investors and gauging the reaction of the people to see if it is viable. Their attendance seems a little too optimistic. 2 million a year in a state that has only 2.8 million people.

I suck at LIFE!

Postby djboss302 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:05 pm

gisco wrote:When I see these announcements I'm always a little skeptical. It always seems like they are fishing for investors and gauging the reaction of the people to see if it is viable. Their attendance seems a little too optimistic. 2 million a year in a state that has only 2.8 million people.

Maybe they're thinking people will make return visits frequently?
Top 5 Parks: 1. Cedar Point 2. Epcot 3. Busch Gardens Tampa 4. Holiday World 5. WDW Magic Kingdom
Coaster Count: Wood: 14 Steel: 33 Total: 47 Park count: 8
Top 5 Steel:1. Kumba 2. Montu 3. Raptor 4. Maverick 5. Batman
Top 5 Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. The Legend 3. Blue Streak 4. Viper 5. American Eagle (Red)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm

linearinduction wrote:RCF, did you include the article about the cost of Evermore Theme Park and a Downtown Performance Arts Center and Night Club in SLC having a Combined Investment of 20 Million Dollars or the Great Article with the Founder talking about all of the Employees being Actors, even the Janitorial Staff and the Restroom Attendants, or that the "experience" continues INSIDE the restrooms? I guess the guests that complain will be Hanged on the Morrow? lol I saw the property last week and right now there are a couple hundred trees planted in a field with a Holiday Gas Station in the Middle. Their "Office" or Converted House as it may be, has a not so nice looking Backyard Haunted House still set up. lol

I did not find those articles. I did a quick research on the place so I don't have all the information given.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:09 am

Evermore did not open in 2015... but it is supposedly opening in August 2018... with zero rides.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Dombot » Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 am

Jetstar2 wrote:Evermore did not open in 2015... but it is supposedly opening in August 2018...

Well, that's good to hear! Nice to see this park almost...
Jetstar2 wrote:...with zero rides.

...oh.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue May 15, 2018 7:23 am

Jetstar2 wrote:Evermore did not open in 2015... but it is supposedly opening in August 2018... with zero rides.

Why does it need rides? It's basically an immersive, interactive walk through experience. Escape rooms, virtual reality experiences, immersive theater productions, and permanent haunts have been pretty successful in the theme park industry as of late.

It's not like Evermore is some crazy-huge destination theme park. Compared to Disney parks, Europa Park, and the like, it's bite-sized. Their team seems to be targeting the "repeat visitors" demographic with the varied selection of rotating events and parties. Considering that there's a Void location right next door that has been pretty successful in its own right, I think that the Evermore team is making the right moves. Obviously Evermore's success is to be determined, but I would love to see more tiny parks / family entertainment center style parks that are on the level of immersion and story set by destination theme parks.

Heck, I would love even more for the definition of a "family entertainment center" to go beyond "a typical arcade / go-karts / few rides setup".
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I think the park will do surprisingly well. An abnormally large percentage of Utah's population is kids and younger people. Unlike in some other religions, fantasy/magic/D&D type stuff isn't really frowned upon by the Mormon church, so a huge amount of people here are really into it.

Lagoon's theming/artistry/creativity is frankly garbage (except for the things they hired J. Wartnerchaney to do) and I'm hoping if Evermore does well it may convince Lagoon to hire a creative director to try and compete even a little. I really, really hope that Evermore does consider building some dark rides in the future... There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well. It would be a huge draw IMO.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Jetstar2 wrote:There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well.

This seems really cool! I like hearing about places that have interesting rides, but escape the attention of enthusiasts because they don't have a coaster.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 am

Jetstar2 wrote:I really, really hope that Evermore does consider building some dark rides in the future... There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well. It would be a huge draw IMO.

Eh, I would buy it only if it were a shooting or otherwise interactive dark ride. Most ride-through dark rides are very "passive" in that a story is being told to guests without them being able to do anything about it - like a moving film or just being dragged along for the ride. Evermore as a development seems to be "active" in that guests take part in the story and have some ability to shape their own experiences.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!