TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Evermore Park Coming to Utah in 2015

Coming to Pleasent Grove, Utah in July 2015 will be Evermore Park, a 45-acre fantasy adventure park.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/OzcODCL8ll8[/youtu_be]

The park will be an themed in the London Victorian Era open year-round, immersing guests into an elaborate storyline and become part of the story with every worker being an actor. There will be three different seasons played in the park with autumn, winter, and summer, each respectively called Ripper's Cove, An Evermore Christmas, and The Carnival of Wonders. The park will feature a three-acre lake with a "Ghost Ship," an island with zip line courses, a natural amphitheater called the Bowl, a four-story theater, a town hall with shops and restaurants, and a future development of a 250-room hotel with optional haunted rooms.

The park will be fully completed by Summer 2016, with the first phase opening in July 2015. The hotel will be completed at a later time.

Here are multiple news articles about this new park.

www.saltlakemagazine.com/blog/2014/04/16/evermore-debuts-at-fanx-qa-with-founder-ken-bretschneider/

www.heraldextra.com/news/local/north/pleasant-grove/unique-entertainment-complex-coming-to-pleasant-grove/article_92e4ac65-e843-517d-8596-d8de3adf7af9.html

utahvalley360.com/2014/05/13/evermore-park-immersing-utah-in-european-adventure/

The park was announced at the Salt Lake Comic-Con FanX this past April, but their facebook page has been up since December of last year.

External links to Evermore:

evermorepark.com/

https://www.facebook.com/evermorepark

Pleasent Grove is in Utah County about 35 miles south of Salt Lake City, with the park right off of I-15.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be interesting.

It calls itself one of these "special" theme parks,

which is less than actual rides, and more into ...education?

Power to it.

Should be interesting.

It calls itself one of these "special" theme parks,

which is less than actual rides, and more into ...education?

Power to it.

Not education from what I gather. Seems more around giving a thorough (although unclear) experience. Many people I have talked to who went to the comic-con and checked out their booth say they will have a building 'collapse then rise again in front of their own eyes.' I've heard nothing but positive responses from locals.

A park centered around magic in Mormon-land? Can't wait to see the protests

Since lagoon is pretty much the only park in the state, I don't think anyone will be complaining. And as a Mormon, I can tell you there's nothing wrong with it

RCF, did you include the article about the cost of Evermore Theme Park and a Downtown Performance Arts Center and Night Club in SLC having a Combined Investment of 20 Million Dollars or the Great Article with the Founder talking about all of the Employees being Actors, even the Janitorial Staff and the Restroom Attendants, or that the "experience" continues INSIDE the restrooms? I guess the guests that complain will be Hanged on the Morrow? lol I saw the property last week and right now there are a couple hundred trees planted in a field with a Holiday Gas Station in the Middle. Their "Office" or Converted House as it may be, has a not so nice looking Backyard Haunted House still set up. lol

When I see these announcements I'm always a little skeptical. It always seems like they are fishing for investors and gauging the reaction of the people to see if it is viable. Their attendance seems a little too optimistic. 2 million a year in a state that has only 2.8 million people.

When I see these announcements I'm always a little skeptical. It always seems like they are fishing for investors and gauging the reaction of the people to see if it is viable. Their attendance seems a little too optimistic. 2 million a year in a state that has only 2.8 million people.

Maybe they're thinking people will make return visits frequently?

RCF, did you include the article about the cost of Evermore Theme Park and a Downtown Performance Arts Center and Night Club in SLC having a Combined Investment of 20 Million Dollars or the Great Article with the Founder talking about all of the Employees being Actors, even the Janitorial Staff and the Restroom Attendants, or that the "experience" continues INSIDE the restrooms? I guess the guests that complain will be Hanged on the Morrow? lol I saw the property last week and right now there are a couple hundred trees planted in a field with a Holiday Gas Station in the Middle. Their "Office" or Converted House as it may be, has a not so nice looking Backyard Haunted House still set up. lol

I did not find those articles. I did a quick research on the place so I don't have all the information given.

• 3 years later...
Evermore did not open in 2015... but it is supposedly opening in August 2018... with zero rides.

Why does it need rides? It's basically an immersive, interactive walk through experience. Escape rooms, virtual reality experiences, immersive theater productions, and permanent haunts have been pretty successful in the theme park industry as of late.

It's not like Evermore is some crazy-huge destination theme park. Compared to Disney parks, Europa Park, and the like, it's bite-sized. Their team seems to be targeting the "repeat visitors" demographic with the varied selection of rotating events and parties. Considering that there's a Void location right next door that has been pretty successful in its own right, I think that the Evermore team is making the right moves. Obviously Evermore's success is to be determined, but I would love to see more tiny parks / family entertainment center style parks that are on the level of immersion and story set by destination theme parks.

Heck, I would love even more for the definition of a "family entertainment center" to go beyond "a typical arcade / go-karts / few rides setup".

I think the park will do surprisingly well. An abnormally large percentage of Utah's population is kids and younger people. Unlike in some other religions, fantasy/magic/D&D type stuff isn't really frowned upon by the Mormon church, so a huge amount of people here are really into it.

Lagoon's theming/artistry/creativity is frankly garbage (except for the things they hired J. Wartnerchaney to do) and I'm hoping if Evermore does well it may convince Lagoon to hire a creative director to try and compete even a little. I really, really hope that Evermore does consider building some dark rides in the future... There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well. It would be a huge draw IMO.

There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well.

This seems really cool! I like hearing about places that have interesting rides, but escape the attention of enthusiasts because they don't have a coaster.

I really, really hope that Evermore does consider building some dark rides in the future... There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well. It would be a huge draw IMO.

Eh, I would buy it only if it were a shooting or otherwise interactive dark ride. Most ride-through dark rides are very "passive" in that a story is being told to guests without them being able to do anything about it - like a moving film or just being dragged along for the ride. Evermore as a development seems to be "active" in that guests take part in the story and have some ability to shape their own experiences.

I think the park will do surprisingly well. An abnormally large percentage of Utah's population is kids and younger people. Unlike in some other religions, fantasy/magic/D&D type stuff isn't really frowned upon by the Mormon church, so a huge amount of people here are really into it.

Lagoon's theming/artistry/creativity is frankly garbage (except for the things they hired J. Wartnerchaney to do) and I'm hoping if Evermore does well it may convince Lagoon to hire a creative director to try and compete even a little. I really, really hope that Evermore does consider building some dark rides in the future... There's a small retail store here (the train shoppe) that's managed to build two dark rides in their strip mall location, so I feel like Evermore should be able to pull something off as well. It would be a huge draw IMO.

I thought the faux wood painted columns with faux rope for Cannibal was pretty darn awesome. There's also many other people from this site who have visited Lagoon and said the exact opposite of your "garbage" statement. Also, there is a train ride in the most recent Evermore plans, so there very well may be a ride after all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I guess I'll dial it back a bit and say some 'theming' things at Lagoon I've seen lately are garbage, like the front of RC's trains and the logs and the lion mural. It's not that they weren't well made, but they weren't thought out at all.

That's awesome if there will really be a train ride in Evermore. I'll actually go see that. Although there's a ton of people here who are into the fantasy stuff that Evermore is all about, I don't like it at all. But for some reason if you put a moving ride vehicle into the mix then I'm all about it. Pretty much a 100% turn around.

I guess I'll dial it back a bit and say some 'theming' things at Lagoon I've seen lately are garbage, like the front of RC's trains and the logs and the lion mural. It's not that they weren't well made, but they weren't thought out at all.

That's awesome if there will really be a train ride in Evermore. I'll actually go see that. Although there's a ton of people here who are into the fantasy stuff that Evermore is all about, I don't like it at all. But for some reason if you put a moving ride vehicle into the mix then I'm all about it. Pretty much a 100% turn around.

The front of Coaster's new trains are growing on me....still don't love them. Lagoon is fully capable of doing something amazing and have the expertise to build an amazing looking front railing. The Terroride rebuild was fricken fantastic and can only wish the same for Castle maybe next year.

Guess we'll see each other on the train ride.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do not, and would not ever consider Lagoon to be a theme park. That's not a bad thing, mind you. Certain amusement parks are better than certain theme parks.

I will be surprised if there ends ever up being legitimate competition between Lagoon and Evermore. They may be in the same general area (either side of Salt Lake City), but in my opinion they couldn't be more different compared to each other.

• 2 months later...