Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Kolmården Discussion Thread

Postby Tiefling » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:15 pm

I had never any doubt it would not reopen. Kolmarden is way too important.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby sublimeairtime » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm making a trip to Norway, Sweden, and England this August, so naturally Kolmarden is one of the parks on my itinerary. Most of the parks that I'm visiting are either in or at a close proximity of a major city. Kolmarden is a little over 30 kilometers from Norrkoping, however I cannot find any train or bus tickets that go directly to the park. Are tickets available to travel by train/bus directly to the park from Norrkoping? If so, what sites? If not, what is the best option for getting to the park with public transportation.
Thank you!
1) Helix 2) Boulder Dash 3) Maverick 4) Skyrush 5) Wildfire 6) Superman The Ride 7) Wicked Cyclone 8) El Toro 9) Boardwalk Bullet 10) Time Traveler

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 pm

^ Are you coming from Stockholm or Gothenburg? I was able to get to Kolmarden Zoo using trains and buses.

Here's the route I took on a Friday last September and I remember seeing that you could do this trip in reverse too.

To Kolmarden Zoo

6:51 am - 8:21 am- SJ Regionaltag Train from Stockholm Centralstation to Kolmarden Station. I bought a ticket in advance for $17. Same day tickets look to be $8-10 more. Stockholm Station is huge, but the platforms are very well marked.

8:43 am - 8:58 am- OstgotaTrafiken 433 Bus from Kolmarden Station to Djurparken. Pay on bus. I think it was about SEK 100 or ~$12.50. The bus runs hourly. Kolmarden Zoo is across the street from Djurparken.

Also I want to add that Kolmarden definitely warrants more than 2 hours. Unfortunately Liseberg and Kolmarden were only open Friday so I either had to skip one or shoehorn them both into one day. So basically I went solely for Wildfire, which was worth it, but that Safari Sky Ride looked awesome.

From Kolmarden Zoo

12:12 pm - 1:00 pm- OstgotaTrafiken 433 Bus from Djurparken to Norrkoping Centralstation The bus runs hourly.

1:34 pm - 1:58 pm- SJ Regionaltag Train from Norrkoping Centralstation to Katrineholm Centralstation. This train runs hourly.

3:11 pm - 5:35 pm- SJ Snabbtag Train from Katrineholm Centralstation to Gothenburg Centralstation. I paid $41 in advance for this train. I got a sizable discount doing this.

Liseberg was about a 20 minute walk from the train station. There were also cheap trolleys available as well.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby alejon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 pm

It is possible to get the whole journey on one ticket through http://www.sj.se the stop at Kolmården zoo is called "Kolmårdens Djurpark".

It should also be noted that due to reconstruction of the railway tracks and bridges just south of Stockholm Central Station no mainline trains will depart from there until August 19th. Connecting commuter trains will run though, so if you book from Stockholm Central you will get a ticket for that as well. There should be plenty of staff to ask as well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:So basically I went solely for Wildfire, which was worth it, but that Safari Sky Ride looked awesome.

I can definitely recommend the Safari Sky Ride! Not only do you get great views of the animals as you glide in complete silence over their heads without disturbing them, but you also get some spectacular views of both Wildfire and the surrounding scenery!

Also prepare for plenty of walking at Kolmården because the park is huge! ;)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 am

JordyC wrote:"The world's best wooden roller coaster is back!", said the park on their facebook page, and it will open tomorrow, June 20th. And they shared this awesome video too!

That's a fantastic coaster commercial.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!