TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any good theme parks in China?

My mom wants to take me to China in October 2006. She is threatening to find me a bride (!). I was thinking of going, not to find a bride, but perhaps to go to Hong Kong Disneyland. I looked at the HK DL website and it seems like DL Lite, but what other chance will I get to go there? So for those who have been to China, are there any good parks in the HK DL area to visit? I looked at the parks on rcdb.com and I see a lot of corkscrew and kiddie coasters.

I wish I could sneak off to Japan, but that doesn't seem likely.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I speak an obscure dialect of Chinese. I can't read it. I can speak pretty good English in case you need to visit English-speaking park. If I watch a Chinese movie in Cantonese, I can pick up words here and there and understand it.

I checked out China outside Hong Kong on rcdb.com and it doesn't look like they have any really good coasters. Depends on how much of a credit 'ho you are.

In years to come maybe it will be become very lucrative to build some awesome parks there.

I can't wait for HKDL to open up in September; it's the first Disney park i've seen being built from scratch in my life time (not including 'add-ons like animal kingdom, Disney Studios etc) and it looks like a cracking location!

Does anyone know which hotels are most ideally suited for proximity to HKDL?

Nemesis "Book the flights and accomodation now honey!" 20