TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schlitterbahn Kansas - Verrückt Water Slide

http://screamscape.com/html/schlitterbahn.htm

If that rendering is correct, Schlitterbahn Kansas City is building the American version of Twin Peaks at Caneva Aquapark. If you need a refresher, here you go:

I rode Twin Peaks twice last year on the TPR trip and can say with 100% certainty that it was the most butt-clenchingly terrifying experience of my life. For some reason I doubt this will be anywhere near as dangerous as the one in Italy, but who knows? It IS a Schlitterbahn park...

dsc_3968.thumb.jpg.e6dfcaea1b5c96fa929ff422c6797667.jpg

That's me in front with the look of sheer terror. Kevin seems to be having a blast, though.

dsc_4109.jpg.32d8d5f2d14291cd0711b717fd8f31e8.jpg

DSC01446.thumb.JPG.b701b1814ddd3c758cbc15ac17977c80.JPG

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if the ride is anything like it's supposed to be, it will be absolutely INSANE...

To give some perspective, the ride below was pretty crazy, and it was only about half the size (guessing this will be at least 150ft tall and the ride in the picture below is only 100ft), and the ride didn't even drop the whole way down the tower (it's a series of small drops.

619c29ba54acef90cdce2450a59f9225_f578.jpg.140ed218aa4f36f7c2d093b5e8090304.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The darker sections of the slides are probably friction pads to slow the rafts down a little bit? That's the only way I can see this thing not being insane.

The darker sections of the slides are probably friction pads to slow the rafts down a little bit? That's the only way I can see this thing not being insane.

The darker sections are in fact part of the MASTER BLASTER system.

http://midwestinfoguide.com/schlitterbahn/verruckt/06.21/

Before they started building this i thought for sure i would easily be able to ride. After looking at that its going to take a lot of motivation.

Here you can see where the water jets will be located. This is a TRUE Master Blaster and not one of the electromagnetic "fake" watercoasters that have made an appearance on the market here lately.

Since when has Proslide ever marketed their electromagnetic waterslides as "master blasters"? I'm being serious here, can anyone fill me in on this?

The darker sections are in fact part of the MASTER BLASTER system.

http://midwestinfoguide.com/schlitterbahn/verruckt/06.21/

Before they started building this i thought for sure i would easily be able to ride. After looking at that its going to take a lot of motivation.

Wow! Check out that last pic. The people to the side really put it into scale how tall this thing is. Especially, remembering that this is only the hump, not the full first drop.

Here you can see where the water jets will be located. This is a TRUE Master Blaster and not one of the electromagnetic "fake" watercoasters that have made an appearance on the market here lately.

Since when has Proslide ever marketed their electromagnetic waterslides as "master blasters"? I'm being serious here, can anyone fill me in on this?

Since...never.

Article also got edited to point out that the Master Blaster is apparently the only "true watercoaster"...which is sort of like a wooden coaster fan saying steel coasters are not actually coasters because they utilize different technology for the trackwork.

^ Even so whitewater is also creating waterslides with lim technology now (their adrenaLIM model) the sections also appear to not pack as much punch a proslide's model.

However I am exited for this, maybe they could have the raft leave the slide in a more controlled manner(for safety purposes, this is the sue-happy U.S. after all.)

This thing is going to be ridiculously tall, It is going to be at LEAST 147.95 feet tall(10% taller than insano like in the reveal) I assume it will be at least 150 just to round off the numbers. 150 is considered big for coaster standards, it's CRAZY HUGE for waterpark standards. This thing will be taller than the majority of coasters in the U.S. to put it in perspective.

Now, if only I could get to Kansas...

• 2 weeks later...