SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 26: Joel Manby steps down as CEO, John T. Reilly steps in
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 am

When we visited SWO in December every single non-enthusiast friend/family member/etc we told about our trip had no idea SeaWorld even had coasters. Most were surprised we made it a stop until I explained the rides.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:15 am

Blackfish has caused so much damage and the younger generation tend to stand at the “rights” side without fact checking. (That’s why PETA gets to survive anyway)

SeaWorld is basically universally hated among everyone I know from outside of the industry no matter how I try to convince them with facts. Plus the fierce competition in all of their locations, I think rebranding would help.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:02 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:SeaWorld is basically universally hated among everyone I know from outside of the industry no matter how I try to convince them with facts. Plus the fierce competition in all of their locations, I think rebranding would help.

I do not encounter the same level of hate towards SeaWorld from my non-enthusiast friends. Maybe it is because my friends are older and have seen all the good SeaWorld has done over the years.

So I agree it is a generational issue.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:16 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 am

At the park in Orlando yesterday there were some signs advertising Infinity Falls, but they were somewhat hidden. On a few of these ad pagodas, Infinity Falls always seemed to be facing away from the main pathway.
IMG_20180307_181102.jpg
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Boulder Dash, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ABW » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Blackfish has caused so much damage and the younger generation tend to stand at the “rights” side without fact checking. (That’s why PETA gets to survive anyway)

SeaWorld is basically universally hated among everyone I know from outside of the industry no matter how I try to convince them with facts. Plus the fierce competition in all of their locations, I think rebranding would help.

Definitely, I also agree that it's a generational issue. The funny thing is it's not even a rights issue, but its so fervently framed as one. Further, just like you say, people in the said generation seem to not understand the concept of fact checking, either. It's really aggravating, yet should be to any genuine person who cares about seeing both sides of the issue, which is how any decently intelligent person should look.

But no, we all just hate whales and dolphins, or whatever.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Rebrand them as Busch parks or Animal Adventures. What is the worst that could happen at this point
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Their Facebook posts don't help either. They help to show how many animals they rescue, which is great for people to know, but that's a vast majority of their posts. I just looked at their facebook posts, and the past 22 have not included a single ride. Maybe 4 or 5 included references to areas or other basic attractions, but no roller coasters or things that are obvious theme park related. The 23 one was just for a waterslide. It takes 47 posts, going back to February 25, for a roller coaster photo. No wonder why people don't go to the parks, they don't know that they exist!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!