TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Strange things at IOA

Lol! I told her that i wanted to go on MF at CP, but she said i am too young! What the heck, in the video, there is a kid riding it at 8.

Apparently, you have to be over 12 to ride Expedition G-Force.

so you didn't get to ride it?! oh my gosh, that sucks terribly! and you came all the way from europe!? i feel bad for you.

back to subject-

I've heard that a flying coaster was being planned but I personally didn't think it would happen. But right now it looks like something is happening! A flyer would be great. Let's hope that it includes some interesting elements that will be unique to it. (like most of the other IOA rides)

No, it was on a video, i told her i really wanted to go there and ride the coasters. She said, that i am way to young to be riding those rides, there for adults.

As for the Flyer at IOA, it would be cool if it had a pretzel loop. Lets hope they get one!

Yeah, a hyper at IOA would be amazing. But knowing how crowded it is in the summer, you couldnt move if there was a hyper! Maybe they should make a new area/zone.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all have to remember that Islands of Adventure has a 200 ft height limit, hence why Dr. Doom is 199ft tall . I think that a Pteradon themed B&M Flyer (no way they would put a god forsaken Vekoma flying dutchman ) would be an awesome coaster in JP!

^^^...The park has room in Marvel for nearly anything! I hate it when everyone gets all "oh, they're so out of room!!!". Look at how they wedged Silver Bullet in! And let's not even bring up Blackpool!!!

Elissa "plenty of room, plenty of room" Alvey

^ Agreed. In fact, Intamin hypers don't hardly take up any space at all. They could easily run it around the perimeter of the park.

// Don't know much about height ceilings, but how tall is that Skycoaster right across the street. Usually 199ft means they didn't want to put a light on top of it.

^^^...The park has room in Marvel for nearly anything! I hate it when everyone gets all "oh, they're so out of room!!!". Look at how they wedged Silver Bullet in! And let's not even bring up Blackpool!!!

Elissa "plenty of room, plenty of room" Alvey

Do you really think that there is enough room? Even with the needed room for a station building, maintence building, souvineer building, line areas, and of course- theming?!

Yeah, you don't need a gift shop at the exit .. and the queue and be wrapped around the station or placed in one of the many backstage areas in Marvel.

INTAMIN would be nice, smaller track and they have some crazy designs and those can be wedged through just about anything ... intertwine with with Hulk even .. that would be fun.

^Thank you!

Think about all the big empty space on top of Spiderman...or in that area between Marvel and Toon Lagoon. Think about how wrapped around Hulk's Queue and Station/Exit and lockers are.

Obviously it's easier to build where they have more room, but don't say they don't have the room to put it there.

Elissa "please not another flyer!!!!" Alvey

They could always make a very large Maurer Shone spinning coaster and theme the cars as Captain America's sheild. You can make those coasters go and do anything :shock: . To the workers at Ioa that are on the boards, has there been any new ... well news around that area lately?

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=4&S=9&Z=17&X=4541&Y=31494&W=3&qs=%7cUniversal+%7cFL

I dont think there's room to keep one hyper coaster in ONE land at IOA... would have to go along perimeter road in the back (JP) and then I'm sure Dr. Phillips HS would have a field day trying to get it blocked from being built.

Hmmm.. I remembered while being couseled about something there was a HUGE map of IOA in the room and had several areas marked "future expansion".. they are mostly obvious.. behind Unicorn, JP back area, behind Cat in the Hat where the Field of Screams was.. nothing in Marvel though.

But def. Elissa.. if CP and Blackpool can do it.. IOA definately can fit anything in!

Eric

Think about all the big empty space on top of Spiderman

On top of Spiderman? You don't expect them to put the supports on top of the building, do you? And there isn't much they could put in the area between Marvel & Toon unless they take out that theatre.

Um, of course I don't...I do know how supports work!

They go through the building, with Spiderman being a DARK ride, you wouldn't even notice! There is so much being done now with sand and filling supports and track that it wouldn't vibrate, nor make noise.

Elissa "I said it's possible, not probable" Alvey

They go through the building, with Spiderman being a DARK ride, you wouldn't even notice!

Through the building? Eh? It's a dark ride. Not a pitch black ride. There's nowhere in there to plop down roller coaster supports without them being visible from the ride. And I've seen the course with the lights on. Besides, how would they get them into the building in the first place? Cutting holes in the ceiling isn't exactly practical. The entire idea isn't. Is it possible? Yeah. Any alteration to the park is. That doesn't make it practical.

Elissa "please not another flyer!!!!" Alvey

Amen to that. Personally, I find these rides very underwhelming.

I opened up KeyHole and it looks like almost any kind of major expansion in the park would be difficult without modifying/demolishing an existing ride. But, you never know. It could be possible.

IOA_aerial.jpg.17f72720697db2585a62958896f98809.jpg

Aerial Photo of IOA

I think people only need to look at parks like Blackpool and realize that NO PARK has expansion issues if they really want to add something new.

Just look at all the parks that people have said "They have no room" that have added MAJOR expansions.

People said the EXACT same thing right before Mantis, Millennium Force, and TTD was built at Cedar Point. Look at Silver Bullet at Knott's, look at all those awesome parking lot coasters at Six Flags!

Through the building? Eh? It's a dark ride. Not a pitch black ride. There's nowhere in there to plop down roller coaster supports without them being visible from the ride. And I've seen the course with the lights on. Besides, how would they get them into the building in the first place?

Then you obviously haven't been to some parks with rides that have coasters that go over other rides. Blackpool, again, is another example of this. So is Phantasialand and Europa Park. They all have rides where the supports go through other rides, and they are themed so you don't even notice them. DCA has themed Screamin's supports so they look like they are part of the midway games. Buffalo Bills painted the coaster supports like the rest of the interior so you don't notice they are part of the ride. Do me a favor....go to those parks, then come back and claim it can't be done.

While IMO, I don't think they would ever have a ride go over the Spiderman building, it's absolutely possible and no one would notice.

--Robb

I read it on a web site but I guess it was false information because I just thought about Sheikra and as you mentioned the Sky Coaster thats ... erm 300 ft tall?

Not that sky coaster, thats in a diffrent city. And it isnt a skycoaster, its a slingshot thats right accross the street.

If you observe the map pics, there is a lot of room between Lost Continent and JP, and between JP and Toon Lagoon.

Since they are pretty much between, I believe that they could theme these parts to any of those 3 lands. In other words, we may not necessarily see just some new JP attractions