New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Pg 33: December 14 groundbreaking for 2018 waterpark opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: New Park in Houston Area (Grand Texas Theme Park)

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:03 pm

I had heard they didn’t have the money to build but I guess they found the investors. Hopefully this waterpark brings the theme park in a few years.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Oh my god, I am so happy this is finally happening. Actual vertical construction at last. Who knows if the theme park will ever get here, but this is something. It's been a long time since I've seen a developer actually pull through on a project like this after so many delays and setbacks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 pm

EXCITING! EXCITING! EXCITING!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Boxguy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 pm

TODAY WE CELEBRATE THIS PARK ACTUALLY BECOMING REALITY

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 am

Just announced Big River waterpark opens June 29th. Note: Houston now has 4 major waterparks in the area. I’m really hoping this helps them build the large theme park next.
AEA26FC2-5058-4564-954F-DD4AEA25000C.jpeg

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 am

I'm wondering what will be open, though. They just got their shipment of slide parts from White Water the other day. The video was posted on the April 9th so we're going to see a lot happen in 2 months!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 am

Considering I am planning on a potential move to Houston in 2 years this development has me very interested. Been spoiled for so long with BGW and KD in my home state. Houstons closest full size park is SFFT in San Antonio.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:I'm wondering what will be open, though. They just got their shipment of slide parts from White Water the other day. The video was posted on the April 9th so we're going to see a lot happen in 2 months!

So I saw their website has been updated bigriverswaterpark.com and it has no mention of slides. Unless I missed it. Maybe they will just try to get what they can open. I know they announced several slides. I’m more interested in checking out the zip line attractions at Gator Bayou that will open with the waterpark.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Mrlittle wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:I'm wondering what will be open, though. They just got their shipment of slide parts from White Water the other day. The video was posted on the April 9th so we're going to see a lot happen in 2 months!

So I saw their website has been updated bigriverswaterpark.com and it has no mention of slides. Unless I missed it. Maybe they will just try to get what they can open. I know they announced several slides. I’m more interested in checking out the zip line attractions at Gator Bayou that will open with the waterpark.

Ahh, the slides are being installed in the fall and will open in 2019. I saw them mention WWW and immediately thought slides.

"ARRIVING FALL 2018 - Unlike anything in Texas, these exciting rides are scheduled to be installed this Fall, and will be available for the full 2019 waterpark season.

Storm Surge - Prepare to “Brave the Wave” as you and up to 3 other riders are engulfed by a massive current.
Comal Crush - “Feel the Force” on a speedy raft with surprise drops and twisting turns. This is a great kid-friendly ride.

Frio Falls - Spiral down a towering, coiling slide and plummet off a tower over six stores tall.
Pecos Plunge - Gain momentum before plunging a gut-wrenching seven stories high from a half-enclosed slide.
Sabine Scream - Hurtle down an enclosed slide with a swift drop that will leave you breathless!

COLORado River Racer - Race against up to five friends, with each lane a different experience! These multi-lane aqua tubes spiral and twist alongside each other before making a swift 360-degree loop and diving to the finish line."

http://bigriverswaterpark.com/bigrivers/
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 am

http://www.screamscape.com/html/grand_texas.htm

Construction update for the water park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!