Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby p-sychiatrist » Sat May 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ It's going to be interesting, to see how much of the crowd runs to Soarin',
instead of Midway Mania and/or Tower of Terror, when TDS opens in the mornings.

No prob! I'll be at the resort on Sunday so I can check in the Disney Store and Bon Voyage...

I am soooooo jealous of you right now, being able to do that so often, LOL! :mickey:

It's honestly a dream come true to be an AP, I've already been to the Tokyo resort more times this month than I've gone to the American resorts in my life :lmao: I'm going again today!

And yeah Soarin will definitely take away a lot of the morning crowd from ToT, I'm not sure any attraction can reduce the crowd for Toy Story Mania though :lol:

And aww you look so happy there! My reaction was the same when I first walked into the park I couldn't stop smiling for hours!! :mickey:

1CC47726-218D-4CED-9B7D-F17201191B16.jpeg
I can't stop smiling at this park!!

C5170706-34A1-4A77-A2E5-D0AE174A8E7D.jpeg
Not a tomika but I might pick this up soon, lowkey one of my favorite rides
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 pm

^ Mine, too! :wink:
2001-Original+.jpg
Three that I have. This is The Original design of the Electric Railway car.
2013-SpecialEdition+.jpg
A 2013 Special Edition of it. The seller (isabella) is who I bought it from.
2016-TowerOfTerror+.jpg
The Tower of Terror Edition of it ~ 2016.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 20, 2018 2:05 pm

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a couple of (ongoing) construction photos in DisneySea...

tdrexplorer.com wrote:Over at Tokyo DisneySea, we have a few things covered up at the moment. The former Sailing Day Buffet (closed March 31, 2018) is covered up and you are able to hear construction happening. It’s not known what is happening with this space yet.

I actually enjoy what's going on, here. OLC hasn't announced anything about this (yet), and whatever's going in here
could be part of the New Announcements that are supposed to be done this month. Still, it's nice to actually
not know about something being built/created, for a change, lol. And then, be actually surprised and delighted, when it opens! :wink:
Soarin11.jpg
Soarin' construction.
sailing-day-buffet-closed2018.jpg
The former Sailing Day Buffet. Closed up, walls/screens up..... but what's going in there?

Postby p-sychiatrist » Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 am

Yeah it's hard to get a proper shot without a drone, but the area where Soarin' is going is pretty big and the show building doesn't take up too much of the space. We could honestly be getting a new mini land in that area! And I have no idea what they're doing over at sailing day buffet, but i'm enjoying the mystery of it all!

And I actually met TDRExplorer yesterday after fantasmic, it was kinda awkward tho because I acted like a total fanboy haha :roll:

I still need to pick up more Tomika!!
9B8F4722-3E34-45B3-AEA5-46FF10CDBA7A.jpeg
Benny The Cab! Gonna grab this and Dumbo on my next visit!

FD2E9839-1C3C-46EE-A184-496BADA1BD5C.jpeg
As if I didn't buy enough merch already!

EBE717F8-764C-4F8E-94E5-C5F38FC9515A.png
My Gelatoni puppet got the whole jeep LIT
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 pm

^ I got the Dumbo vehicle sooner than I expected, because they are bringing out a 35th Birthday version in August, I believe.
I figured once that comes out, then a lot of collectors will want to get "the original". And the price might go up, etc.etc. :wink:

And....mystery no more! http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted information on what the Sailing Day Buffet is being turned into!

https://tdrexplorer.com/dockside-diner-tokyo-disneysea/ :mickey:

And since you're a Gelatoni fanboi like I'm a fanboi, you may want (or already have) one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TDS-Japan-Tokyo-Disney-Sea-Gelatoni-3-5-Snack-case-Bucket-Candy-Container/323245217556?hash=item4b42ea9714:g:yKEAAOSwHaBWl8Nc
Tomica35.jpg
Instead of the blue, Dumbo's got RED! (o:
CandyCase04.jpg
I have one of my own, through eBay. (o:
dockside-dinerAug2018.jpg
No more Sailing Day Buffet ~ Lesser $$ Dockside Diner to open in August ~ Disney Art Concept

Postby p-sychiatrist » Thu May 24, 2018 9:18 am

Ooh I'll pick my Dumbo up soon in that case since they might stop restocking it with a new one on the way.

And lmao welp, mystery solved! I had a feeling it would be a new counter service restaurant, it sounds like it's going to be pretty great!

And how could you tell I'm a Gelatoni fanboy? ;)
But yeah I've seen those and they're very cute, I try (but mostly fail) to limit my gelatoni purchases to only necessities... like my passholder/coin purse... and hand puppet hahaha

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm

^ On three different trips to Tokyo DisneySea (thank you TPR Tours!), and knowing it was there, each visit,
I still didn't time it to do the Sailing Day Buffet. Now, <sniff> a thing of the past. I know there's
the buffet available at the Crystal Palace in TDL, but still. Won't be the same.

RIP ~ SDB :(
CrystalPalaceTDL.jpg
If you still want to "Buffet" at TDLR ~ there's the Crystal Palace in TDL. With Character Meals, too. Photo by Jon Fiedler, thank you.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Current Construction on the new Beauty And The Beast area in FantasyLand, thanks to http://www.tdrexplorer.com :

Pardon my repeating photos here and there in this thread, but some times it's nice to be reminded again, of what's going on, etc.
And wasn't there supposed to be "announcements" from Oriental Land Company, about new NEW stuff on the horizon, this month?

#anxious-for-new-information
fantasyland-expansion07.jpg
New performance theatre is on the left; the B&TB show building is on the right. (o: And there in between them...
Expansion00.png
...The concept model shows how close the front entrances of both attractions will be, to each other.
donald-duck-butt-ice-cream-35th.jpg
For TDLR's 35th Birthday ~ Donald Duck Butt Ice Cream! (name + pic courtesy of tdrexplorer.com thanks!)
Only available at Ice Cream Cones in the World Bazaar at Tokyo Disneyland.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Pardon my repeating photos here and there in this thread, but some times it's nice to be reminded again, of what's going on, etc.
And wasn't there supposed to be "announcements" from Oriental Land Company, about new NEW stuff on the horizon, this month?

#anxious-for-new-information

I don't think anybody's gonna get annoyed with any post that has disneysea information when everybody on TPR either loves the place or is dying to learn more about it. And well there weren't supposed to be announcements, it's just that the new fiscal year starts in april here so most people expected somethinf major. I think they're just lazer focused on the 35th anniversary stuff and we might not get any big update til early 2019. That way people dont skip this event and wait for 2020 beastland haha

They make way too much money off the 35th anniversary merch, duck butt ice cream included :p and the dreaming up parade and new world baazar show has been a huge hit

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Looks like there wasn't any Major Announcement made last month, about anything in TDRs future,
apart from what we already know that's being created and built. That's okay, everything
being built so far looks awesome, to be sure! And maybe they weren't quite ready for
any new Big Announcements.... just yet. :wink:

And ^ since you're planning to (possibly) get a TOMICA Dumbo before the 35th Birthday one comes out,
you might also want to get yourself the original Jolly Trolley that was part of TDLR's 34th Birthday! There's
a new one coming out In October, that's for this year's celebrations. Here's link to an eBay listing of it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokyo-Disney-Land-TOMY-TOMICA-34th-Jolly-Trolley-Sea-Resort/163022825968?hash=item25f4eae9f0:g:ZRAAAOSwunBa5J2-

And a photo of all the 35th Birthday TOMICAs coming out in August and October, including the new Trolley. :mickey:
Don't say I didn't warn you. :wink:
2017-JollyTrolley.jpg
The Jolly Trolley for 2017. Pardon the large size of the photo. Photo from eBay.
2018C-Aug-Oct.jpg
Dumbo's out in August ~ Trolley's out in October
Tomica26.jpg
Closer look at the new Jolly Trolley.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!