Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Stick to Hilton Tokyo Bay this time and book a Disney hotel for your next visit because you WILL want to go back ASAP anyway.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:20 pm

LDedios432 wrote:Snip

The Hilton is right on the Monorail line (Bayside Station), so unless you're absolutely dying to have the experience of a Disney hotel or being right across from Disneyland, I don't see any incentive to change hotels.

In addition to the usual tips (be at the park an hour before opening, all that good stuff), I noticed during the summer season that the lines for Pooh and Monsters usually died down significantly during the last 45-30 mins before closing, dropping to maybe 10-15 mins at most. Not sure if the same will hold true for December, but it's worth keeping an eye out for.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

And don't forget to note this, after you've boarded the monorail at Bayside Stn...
Resize of IMG_2918.JPG
Between Bayside and TDS Stations... future (we hope) "new port" for TDS ~ Arendelle from Frozen! (o:
Resize of IMG_2947.JPG
And looking from the bridge to Indy Jones in TDS, this is where Arendelle will sit, inside the park.
TPR 2013 Japan Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:37 pm

The benefits to switching to an official Disney hotel would be the following:

- 15 min early entry
- Ability to buy park hopper tickets starting on day 1
- Staying at a true 'disney' hotel

We have stayed at the Ambassador, Mira Costa, and the Disneyland Hotel. They're all quite lovely, I would stay at Mira Costa and Disneyland again, but for us it's not worth the extra money. The Hilton Tokyo Bay is our go to Tokyo Disney Hotel and we really enjoy it. KT especially loves the Happy Magic Rooms they offer!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 pm

If you get a park view room, you'll get a pretty good look at the new Fantasyland expansion they're currently building.
The new "Beauty & The Beast" attraction show building will be right there, beyond the parking lot.

If you get a Tokyo Bay view room (we did on the 2011 TPR Tour), you get a nice calming look at "beyond the resort."

It's all good, either side of the building, heh. ;)
E01_HotelRoomView_TDR.jpg
TPR 2011 Japan Tour. Our "room with a view" of Tokyo Bay, in the Tokyo Bay Hilton Hotel.
Resize of IMG_2703.JPG
TPR 2013 Japan Tour. Park side view room of Hilton. With fog. And rain. TDS is over there...
Resize of IMG_2706.JPG
...and TDL is ahead. Sort of. Most of those trees are gone, now. And you get to see monorails passing by! (o;

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby LDedios432 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone! It looks like Hilton Tokyo Bay is the place to be, and we won't have to break the bank!

I think we'll probably check out the Miracosta and DLH and take pictures inside, maybe have a meal. I'm sure we'll be back!

Anyway, I'm soooooo excited for this trip! I've been wanting to ride Journey To The Center Of The Earth ever since TDS opened. 16 years of seeing TDS on the internet and always wanting to go... I can't believe it's actually going to happen!

I've been reading that Toy Story is the most popular ride at TDS right now, but since we have TS here in Anaheim, I might forego that and beeline for Mysterious Island when the park opens. I did hear that the queue is lovely, so I would ride it if we have extra time.

Do the lines for Journey still get pretty long?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 pm

^As disney friends that also live very close to a Toy Story Mania we always skip the one at DisneySea as we'd much rather spend our time doing the unique attractions. Our plan of attack the last few years is to get a fastpass for Tower and then go standby Journey first thing in the morning. Tower seems to still get a longer line (and I think it's not as fun to stand in) as Journey.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm

LDedios432 wrote:I've been reading that Toy Story is the most popular ride at TDS right now, but since we have TS here in Anaheim, I might forego that and beeline for Mysterious Island when the park opens. I did hear that the queue is lovely, so I would ride it if we have extra time.

Do the lines for Journey still get pretty long?

If you're gonna skip Toy Story, here's my schedule of events: Go with the Toy Story crowd and get a Tower Fastpass, then do standby for Journey (standby moves pretty fast before they let Fastpass people in an hour after opening). After Journey, wait for your return time on Tower and then get a Journey Fastpass, then go back and do Tower. After that, use your next Fastpasses for the Lost River Delta attractions when you can get new ones.

Another important tip is that a lot of people with Fastpasses tend to use them immediately after a nearby show ends, which is either great or awful for standby depending on when you get in line. If you're in line before or during a show, there are far fewer Fastpass people, which makes standby lines move much quicker than advertised (a posted 110 minute wait for Journey once ended up being just over half of that). After said shows are done, people with Fastpasses flood back in and back up the Fastpass queue, which slows things down a lot. As such, if you know the schedules of nearby shows (e.g. main lagoon shows for Journey, Big Band Beat for Tower), you can help alleviate your waits a bit.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm

SharkTums wrote:^As disney friends that also live very close to a Toy Story Mania we always skip the one at DisneySea as we'd much rather spend our time doing the unique attractions. Our plan of attack the last few years is to get a fastpass for Tower and then go standby Journey first thing in the morning. Tower seems to still get a longer line (and I think it's not as fun to stand in) as Journey.

I totally agree!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:20 pm

I don't remember, but is there a Single Rider queue for Midway Mania? I forget and didn't look at much of the outside facade, when it was down for maintenance, last visit.
Resize of IMG_2714.JPG
"Ohhhh well..." This is the closest David and I got to it. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:21 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!