Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Saw this is a recent http://www.tdrexplorer.com report on the two parks'
food offerings for Easter... this blew my mind. In a very good delicious way, LOL! :mickey:

Chandu Tail (Spring Special) Chicken and Cheese Curry

<drool>
chandu-Easter2017.jpg
Only during this Easter Season. And ONLY in Tokyo Disney Sea!
Yummy.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vistaway » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 am

I just left TDR today but was lucky enough to stay on the 12th floor of the Sheraton. Great views of the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland expansion from there. They have demolished the speedway completely (good riddance!) and are moving a ton of dirt around. The expansion literally looks to be a quarter of the park size. It's huge!

Over in TDS, SeaRider is starting to come out from behind tarps, with a bright blue colour scheme. Soarin' is also coming along quickly. They were driving piles all day long during my visit.

We had two wet and cold days at the parks, which were very busy, despite the weather (it's spring break here). Still, strategic Fastpass usage allowed us to get on everything we wanted. Loved the refreshed Jungle Cruise at night - it really changed the experience.

Fantasmic on Tuesday was interesting. It got very, very windy after it started, so they stopped using the water screens, then couldn't get the inflatable domes back into the barges, and then skipped the fireworks. Of course, being TDR, they apologized for the modified show. We had a similar experience Monday when they pulled the dancers from Dreamlights mid-route due to rain, but kept all the floats going.
IMG_4900.JPG
Fantasyland expansion

Postby vistaway » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:55 am

A few more photos...
IMG_4188.JPG
Busy day...this was 30 min after rope drop
IMG_4370.JPG
Mid-afternoon and no FP left
IMG_4484.JPG
Even in the rain, Dreamlights is the best night parade
IMG_4743.JPG
Backside of Tower
IMG_4705.JPG
Fantasmic with the inflatable domes almost getting torched.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 am

I made that mistake, I got treated to time off in March thinking it would be quiet after always wanting to go in "off-peak" and hit 3 hour lines across the board for TDS. Next time will probably aim for Korean thanksgiving in the fall over March or Summer/Christmas weeks. Interestingly enough although the park stayed rammed even in the rain, a blizzard rolled through in the morning and even though the park started packed people had deserted the park by mid-day. I saw 5 minutes for Splash Mountain and Winnie the Pooh with the longest line was Monster's at 45 minutes in the afternoon.
Last edited by Garet on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:13 am.

Postby vistaway » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 am

Yeah, it was an oops on my part. But it meant a week less of missing school for my kids, so the timing was a compromise. Still, at TDS we did Tower, Journey, 20,000 Leagues x 2, Sinbad x 2, Indy x 2, Aquatopia, carrousel, and Fortress Explorations, plus a break at the hotel and Fantasmic. I can't complain! TDL was similar - we missed Space and Splash but hit all the other D and E tickets.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:33 pm

A few new construction photos from http://www.tdrexplorer.com (thanks!)...
fantasyland-constructionMar17.jpg
Back view of Beauty & The Beast Land in TDL! Eventually.
soarin-constructionMar17.jpg
Soarin' at TDS. No vertical construction yet.
finding-nemo-seariderMar17.jpg
Searider in TDS. So - much - blue!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:52 pm

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a new article on the Ground Breaking Ceremony for the new
Fantasyland-Tomorrowland areas, scheduled to open in 2020. Here's the link to the whole article...
(And yes the date of the article is correct - in Japanese time.)

http://tdrexplorer.com/groundbreaking-ceremony-launches-new-tokyo-disneyland-development/

And a couple of art concepts of the new Popcorn Shop that will be open in Tomorrowland as well.

With all of this ongoing construction happening from now till 2020, David and I have reassessed our
future trip plans, now considering....2021 to finally get back to TDLR. :sad: Wish it wasn't going to be so long.
But with current income, timing, etc., it's the best travel plan, for now.
popcorn-shop2020a.jpg
A simple design, I must say.
popcorn-shop2020b.jpg
Oooh my. All those popcorn buckets on the shelves, there. Cool! The overhead light fixture looks awesome, too.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:53 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Here's an overall look at the new Beauty & Beast "Land," but also with the new Big Hero 6 attraction there, too!
I didn't notice it until I looked again. At first, I thought it was a new eating area (purple tables?) in there, somewhere.

Happily, not to be. :mickey:

(And the future Popcorn Shop appears to be at the top left of the Big Hero 6 attraction.)
overall-view.jpg
What looks like a restaurant above, there...isn't one! It's the future Big Hero 6 attraction. (o:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 am

^Thanks for the updates! The art concepts sure look great. I am really hoping that someday I'll be able to visit this park.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby peptoabysmal » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 am

I hope something like this will come to Disneyland Paris eventually.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!