TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

Soarin’ is going to TDS, so close.

My first thought. This ride would have been absolutely perfect for a sky-themed park. Oh well...

I think an Up-themed ride would be very appropriate in this park at least. This is Tokyo, I'm sure what they come up with if the rumors are true will be nothing short of amazing. Pretty excited at the thought of a 3rd park in this location.

For how slender that piece of land is, I actually think a modern version of Peoplemover could work perfectly. Also with all the show buildings and resort hotels around, indoor media based attractions would most likely have a much higher presence than outdoor attractions. Well it’s Disney and OLC so that isn’t much of a problem because they have the cash.

Attached is a link to the article that Ccron mentioned in addition to the text

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20180205/p2a/00m/0na/002000c

Oriental Land mulls new Tokyo Disney Resort 'sky' theme park

February 5, 2018 (Mainichi Japan)

URAYASU, Chiba... The company is considering the introduction of attractions that would provide simulations of flying in a jet plane or through space.

Star Wars Land: Japan

And a Planes Land!

^ THAT would be a-ma-zing if they did an attraction based on a Studio Ghibli franchise!

And the whole concept of being in a "theme park on the move", literally! I am so looking

forward to moving sidewalks, and moving everything, and everything that moves, lol!

A TDL version of the PeopleMover would probably blow the WDW MK one, off of it's tracks, lol!

D23 EXPO is happening in Tokyo this weekend! And http://www.tdrexplorer.com

is reporting on souvenir merchandise available, during the EXPO. (Even though

they're using the 2015 LOGO below for the article, eep.)

d23-expo-merchandise.jpg.5d7e09528562f228cfb8fa5f2d17dd67.jpg

Tomica21.jpg.ba8a77fa96b93d7f0109f92ba2350ac2.jpg

They ARE selling TOMICA special D23 edition cars!

Tomica22.jpg.000bbafdc34e2dc8d155af8aebea7756.jpg

Mmmmmm I like them! And those WHEELS are very very cool, too!

^ THAT would be a-ma-zing if they did an attraction based on a Studio Ghibli franchise!

And the whole concept of being in a "theme park on the move", literally! I am so looking

forward to moving sidewalks, and moving everything, and everything that moves, lol!

Considering Disney released the dubbed versions of most of their movies, wouldn't that kind of sound like a possible link to making it do-able? I was kind of surprised at how much Studio Ghibli merchandise many of the parks sold when I was over there! Yomiuriland's main gift shop was at least half of this merchandise as well as LaQua's.

I'm trying to piece together where this parking garage will go along with enough space to house a third theme park and parking enough for that park as well. There's an overflow lot on the other side of the train station, but I don't think there would be enough room there even if they made that entire spot a 3-story garage to make up for parking in the existing lot. Then again, could that lot rarely fill up completely with many people using the train system instead?

^ I have faith in Tokyo Disney Resort, to figure it out.

But honestly, there's not going to be much of a "park view" side of

most of the other hotels (hello Tokyo Bay Hilton), when everything is finally

built, it will be all the backsides of show/attraction buildings.

And then eventually, the back of DisneySKY as well.

Sad, but true. But I am still HAPPY this is all happening!

^ I'm still wondering if they're going to make any Major Announcements at this year's D23,

happening this weekend there. It's already known TDLR is making some kind of announcements

in late April, early May. But if that's so, what could they possibly announce during this weekend?

Time will tell.

^ I have the feeling that when Tokyo DisneySea was announced, the same reaction was felt by some people.

But back then, before social media ramped up to what it is today, they had the artwork

and designs to show immediately, to help it make sense to people.

RetroArt2007a.jpg.f1e1436c3dfae4710ec9f759f05226e6.jpg

Original artwork of Port Discovery - before TDS opened in 2001.

988673248_ResizeofIMG_2776.JPG.c1f16ff7efc100c3fb08a5f5fcf8f769.JPG

...And that "leak" in the holding wall still gets me every time, lol. Taken on July 6/15, during the TPR Japan Tour.

And pardon me for continuing on, but this image is one of The First they ever released about TDS.

It was published in a (at-the-time running) issue of Disney News. I have it somewhere here.

But this The Image that sold me on TDS, without seeing any other artwork.

disney-concept-art-art-disney.jpg.17bb20bd243bb95ec63035d2bbed8207.jpg

It looked even breathtaking in this artwork, to me at the time!

And... isn't that FROZEN Mtn. in the background there? (o;

Maybe they can find a way to re-use the Flight of passage tech if this true.

I think that would be awesome if they did, but highly unlikely it would be based on Pandora. The rumors of it being

a futuristic kind of place, but also mentioning more attention to it being "more Japanese" for the locals....

...Well, I'm not too sure on that now, lol. But it would be cool however they used the tech for it.

(I mean, if everybody 'gets' being shrunk down fish-size for the TDS' Nemo Storm Rider Attraction...anything's possible.)

JapanBlueSkyFuji01.jpg.411c920aff25aa18c09afd8e7458d031.jpg

Original Disney art design for Japan Pavilion at EPCOT. The Mountain never came to be, sadly.

But mmmm, what a cool DisneySKY entrance THIS could/would be! (o: And that RESTAURANT

on the right could still be one, overlooking the other parks from it's viewpoint. Guest Services would

also be located in the Entry Buildings. As would maybe an indoor attraction str8 ahead, or to one side.... (o;

Why on earth are people thinking that they are going to build the third park in the remaining parking lot. What is left is not enough for a Disney Park, and they Specifically say they are building a parking structure in the current lot. And my guess says another resort hotel will be built in the lot. Also, park expansion for the current parks.

Urayasu is a larger area/city, with some easily converted land. So, I *REALLY* doubt there will be any third gat in the parking lot.

644449275_Pic1.thumb.jpg.7af6d01c4c7d14a99c7e4689283dc86b.jpg

Pic.thumb.jpg.00c2ad88c3424b38fe2dbe94677042d8.jpg

Is it possible for them to reclaim more land from the sea there too? I agree its more likely to be somewhere other than the carpark.

Totally! They do say they are going to use land in the area, but they can easily add land too! It just takes longer if they add it, because it has to settle and be compacted.

My latest fave overhead shot of the Resort, THANK YOU whoever you are, who took this!

I'm posting it because of the discussion of where this 3rd park (if built) might go, etc.

This also shows the other (top of pic) parking lots that I rarely see, in other photos.

DSd1u5nWAAAX7Ok.thumb.jpg.623543fff8187f19231e09d1909810f7.jpg

CLICK ON THE PIC to make it BIGGER! (o:

Is it possible for them to reclaim more land from the sea there too? I agree its more likely to be somewhere other than the carpark.

Totally! They do say they are going to use land in the area, but they can easily add land too! It just takes longer if they add it, because it has to settle and be compacted.

Or (if it is DisneySky), have it "float" over the bay.

^ Talk about "Blue Sky-ing"* something, lol.

*Term Disney Imagineers use for first ideas, designs, possible attractions, without restrictions, i.e. "The sky's the limit."

1633321087_ResizeofIMG_2839.JPG.41cebfdefa6c3489c8ecf556daac6ade.JPG

Random TDS photo ~ TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 3 weeks later...

New eats and drinks being offered, starting April 10, for the Resort's 35th Anniversary!

Check out the prices (and where to buy them) at http://www.tdrexplorer.com

35thanny-beef-and-rice-cone01.jpg.3666a005024f9a6467a0a014c32289ad.jpg

Beef and Rice Cone #1

35thanny-beef-and-rice-cone02.jpg.4f9e0d05eb01fb8dbb2cd736be6a5795.jpg

Beef and Rice Cone #2

35thanny-cotton-candy-churro.thumb.jpg.8ef70e8700ec32db9fa83bb9b1f2a8c2.jpg

Cotton Candy Churro.

35thanny-crepe-and-souvenir-plate.jpg.03cb65cd1d1e14c443c8fe1b84adda77.jpg

Dessert with Collectible Plate.

35thanny-dessert-with-souvenir-cup.jpg.47a6972232688846e90ea20de3c7ac0a.jpg

Dessert with Collectible mug.

35thanny-long-hot-dog.jpg.154cdb60b0935876b5f84d1e31278dd1.jpg

It's called the Long Hot Dog. Yep. That it is.

35thanny-mickey-mouse-popcorn-bucket.jpg.45dee9783c41200c5ec29797c7f67b39.jpg

Mickey Popcorn Bucket.

35thanny-minnie-candy-case.jpg.74208258b147510150a4d970e410b55e.jpg

Minnie Candy Case.

35thanny-peachdrink.jpg.f4353740b6feb4cf8361b2ee9c7bab68.jpg

Peach drink, in collectible glass.