TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

I know this was already in the rumors superthread, but I thought that this deserved a topic-

http://screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#BM

(3/26/12) A local Screamscape source went by the B&M track fabrication plant and came across a few pieces of new bright green track on site. Based on my understanding of the codes used on the labels, this is for another Wing Coaster design, so we know someone is getting one for 2013 at least.

I know that Screamscape is not always accurate, but who knows?

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't have any pictures, even from a distance, to prove this then I can't believe it. It would be awesome for more wingriders to be built though. When they show pictures then I'll believe it.

I posted about this earlier in the rumors thread,screamscape does have pics on their site.

X-Flight for the other Great America...tear down Grizzly and build it in the same spot as the Six Flags ride!

In all seriousness, this does seem to have Green Lantern written all over it, but something tells me that's not it.

^Replace Hurler! (and get one for carowinds while your at it too )

A wingrider in hurler's footprint would be a tight fit,besides I don't see CF goiing with the wingrider fadsince they never went for the B&M flyers & that was with Kinzel at the helm.

I see this as being for another SF park following the GL theme since the color is green & SF seems to be interested in the concept with the XF installation this year.

I don't think they'll bother with Green Lantern again since the movie flopped.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we're looking at The Joker!

Think: new Dark Knight movie this year...so doesn't that fit the bill perfectly? Otherwise, I think it will be Riddler-themed. But seriously, that's as close as I think I'll get.

Gonna add some fuel here: Wingrider track + Green = Green Lantern for SFoT, maybe?

SFOT just got the New Texas Giant last year. I wouldn't expect anything new and 'amazing' for a few more years. Plus the park is pretty landlocked, not tons of space to go around anymore.

You must not forget they own the strip mall that is designated for demo and if the new swirled up rumors hold true about the rang leaving and an expanded DC Universe, it's plausible. I mean let's face it, before NTAG, I believe Titan was their last major attraction and its 10 years old now. Six Flags is also said to want to add something new and different to each of their parks each year in some fashion.

I forget who X-Works translates to though. Maybe someone else does.

Seeing as SFoT is turning Mr. Freeze's train backwards and advertising it like it's a brand new ride, I'd bet they'll try to milk NTAG dry too.

On the Wingrider note, has anyone compared the track's color to Green Lantern at SFGadv? It's a stretch, but maybe they'd go for the same green?

I don't think they'll bother with Green Lantern again since the movie flopped.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we're looking at The Joker!

Think: new Dark Knight movie this year...so doesn't that fit the bill perfectly? Otherwise, I think it will be Riddler-themed. But seriously, that's as close as I think I'll get.

Except that the new Heath Ledger Joker would never have this bright of a green; this would be more befitting of an Adam West-era Joker. Besides, what tagline would they use for a Joker-themed Wing Rider (in the same vein of 'stand up to your fear' or 'the last stand')?

I forget who X-Works translates to though. Maybe someone else does.

X-Works doesn't translate. B&M knew people were making their confidentiality agreements worthless by looking at the clients listed on their track labels while the track sat outside their track factory, so they stopped listing clients on them, instead writing X-Works. Perhaps if we ever have two different coasters of the same color and type outside their factory at once, we'll see something like Y-Works.

EDIT:^^Damn, beat me to it.

The lime-green color of the tracks says "Toxic Waste/Nuclear"me. Maybe that could be something a mystery Cedar Fair park could be doing for 2013.

We're looking at Cedar Fair, not some high-class company like Universal or Disney. The most Cedar Fair could do is add some "toxic barrels" and maybe theme the train a tad. That is the most you would probably expect though.

On the other hand, I can see it being some track for a new copy of Green Lantern, as mentioned before. The only real conflict now is the decision between Six Flags/SFOT and Cedar Fair/KD. If it were a Six Flags ride it might be Green Lantern, if it is a Cedar Fair ride it might be X-Flight.

^^Now that CF is under Matt Ouimet it might be a different ball game altogether. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for SF, didnt they say something about possibly reusing old names once again? With that in mind this might not even be a superhero/villain themed ride. They've re-used X-Flight so why not a new Shock Wave, Z Force, Serial Thriller, or Mindbender?

As for parks the only one's that come to mind are Cedar Point, SFStL, and possibly SFOT. Any other major park in CF and SF has seen a new coaster within the last couple of years.