Edge of Beast's Trip Reports and Random Things!

UPDATED: Worlds of Fun - July 13th, 2012
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
My brain is often hibernating.

Re: Edge of Beast's Trip Reports and Random Things!

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:19 pm

GriffyTiffy wrote:Nice report!

I really need to get to WoF sometime soon. Prowler looks amazing, and I'm quite a fan of Boomerangs :P A good head bashing does a body good. Also, what exactly is Cyclone Sam's? I hear it is amazing.

Thanks Griffin! Cyclone Sam's is this really wonky spinning flat ride. Though I have never been on it, so I don't have a real opinion, my friends say it has cool lasers and such.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:52 am

^ Cyclone Sam's is an indoor Wipeout. It is themed to...wait for it...a cyclone!!! Lots of Fans and lightning and the roof of the dome makes it seem like you are inside of a tornado. It is actually A TON of fun and was a suprise highlight of our trip to WoF.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Meh, I haven't ridden it Griffin. I don't like spinning rides. Although my friends say it is a little cheesy and weird, but I can't give you my own opinion.

A Little WOF Trip Report - July 13th, 2012

I decided to hit up the park Friday (the 13th :devil: ) with my family later at night. We got there around 7, to noticed the park was loaded. I thought it might not be busy on a Friday night, especially on the thirteenth, but it was packed. Mostly teenagers smooching off with their girlfriends and boyfriends, but many families chose to go that night too. Well anyway, we got their and I noticed my camera was pretty much dead. Because of that I didn't get too many photos. None of Patriot, Timber Wolf, or Planet Snoopy - plus a lot of other things of course.

On to the park itself. Operations were standard - they were running two trains on almost every ride that they could. The operators, while seeming a little more 'smiley' than usual, were somewhat slow and drowsy from the heat I'm guessing. Each ride had about a ten to fifteen minute wait, though Prowler and Patriot were almost walk-ons the whole time I was there, with an occasional line showing up.

Not much else to say, so enjoy these (few) pictures! Btw, there are some haunt construction photos!

Viking Voyager doing its thang.

Oh yeah, I also got my sister to ride Prowler for her first time. Note that she has always been deathly afraid of coasters.

It was running fast that day.

Mmm Haunt

This building looks tiny in person. I don't get how they're going to fit a whole haunted house in there.

Don't fall for its charming looks.

Warning: tons of Mamba pictures dead ahead.

Meh, this pic turned out kinda shaky

She purrtyy

I love this picture.

Approaching

Queue shot

'nator.

That's all the photos I could get. Sorry, hopefully I'll charge my camera next time. Thanks for reading!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby ProwlerPrey » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:34 pm

jynx242 wrote:^ Cyclone Sam's is an indoor Wipeout. It is themed to...wait for it...a cyclone!!! Lots of Fans and lightning and the roof of the dome makes it seem like you are inside of a tornado. It is actually A TON of fun and was a suprise highlight of our trip to WoF.

Yeah, Cyclone Sam's is really strange. But everyone seems to love it. It can be VERY disorienting and if you have long arms you might be able to touch the roof of the building.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!