Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Banned

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Postby maliboomer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:48 pm

Just wondering if you've overheard or been asked something strange, ironic, dumb or anything by the so called 'general public'?
I'll share some of mine when I can recall them....

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:00 pm

Uh...lemme think...
First off, when we visit a theme park we are part of the GP but we tend to exclude ourselves from the rest of the GP being as we are enthusiests...but we all get your idea.

Anyway, here's one...(believe it or not this was a ride op)
Curious SLC rider: How fast does this go?
Ride Op: This ride goes about 80 mph.
Curious SLC rider: Really? That's pretty fast.
Me: *looks at cousin* you know, this ride only goes 50 mph like the rest of it's clones.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:33 pm

I have often heard funnier things come out of enthusiasts mouths. Coker's columns were famous for them.

Favorite GP Moment:
Waiting in line for the Log Flume at Kennywood in the mid 80's

GP: What do you have in your pockets?
Me: Nothing.
GP: Gimme your money.
ME: But, I don't have any money
GP: Gimme your tickets.
Me: You have a wristband on.
GP: Oh. C-ya
Ted

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:03 pm

I worked in the PKI during the 95, 96, 97 and 98 seasons. Let me tell you, there were times when you laughed your butt off, and times when you wanted to scream at the ignorant questions we got asked. Here's a sample:

"Are you on an Island?" (We're in Southern Ohio, what do you think?)

"I make films featuring dogs in human situations. Can I come and film some of my dogs ON THE VORTEX?" (WTF??? Yeah, come on ahead. Meanwhile, let me contact PETA)

"Can I just come into the park and look for my daughter/son/mother/best friend" (There are 40,000 people in the park today... sure, come on in, I am sure you'll have no trouble spotting them")

"My wife is a rather large woman. Will she be able to ride the rides?" (Boy, I bet she appreciated him making that call)

"Is it going to rain today?"
"What time is it going to rain?" (Dude, if I could answer these questions do you honestly think I would be spending my summer weekends sitting inside a office talking to you for $6 an hour?)

"What kind of rain will it be?" (um, wet? Acid? Cats and dogs?)

"Should I still come if it's raining?" (do you mind walking around all day in wet shoes and clothes?)

And this doesn't even begin to cover the crank calls, complaint calls (especially after "gay day"-those were in a league of their own) and obscene calls we got!!!

Shari "But, hey, at least I got to eat a lot of funnel cakes at the employee discount" Shoufler

Sanity is Overrated

Postby Shadowforce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:19 pm

I'd never get a job that required me to answer phonecalls - It's like a magnet to imbacils. I do not have any good stories to share right now, but I just felt like slipping in a comment.

Hey, CoasterFanatic, was that guy trying to rob you or something?.. Really lousy attempt... :)

Robert Englund is One Sexy Piece of Ass!

Postby squirmy_wormy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:56 pm

The two stupidest things I have ever heared were at SFMW; here they go:

Preppy girl: Uh, excuse me guys this is the fast pass lane; the regular lane's over there.

Cousin and I: Uh, no this is the regular lane. Fast pass is by the exit.
preppy girl looks towards the exit and asks the ride op if that is the fast pass lane; ride op says yes so she just heads on over there.

another one is this:

On Kong at SFMW my cousin, friend and I were riding up the hill on this coaster; when we hit the top our friend started screaming through out the ride; "I block your 6/6 creature with my 10/10 wyrm and add armidillo cloak and it gains trample this round dealing 20 damage to your 5/6 elven warrior.. or someting like that. He also was screming random things like "thdhgkhdi!" and laughing about it. This went on through the whole entire ride. :lol:

Sanity is Overrated

Postby Shadowforce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:42 pm

Don't you think that is any bad, a friend of mine was doing his incredible sheep impression on the entire duration of Daemonen... Well, I would've said something goofy too, but it was snowing... How many of you have ridden a B&M when it's snowing, huh, huh, HUH? :P

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Shadowforce wrote:Hey, CoasterFanatic, was that guy trying to rob you or something?.. Really lousy attempt... :)

Yep. A REAL lousy attempt. Kennywood went through a pretty tough period back in the mid 80's to early 90's. Jacking up GA prices, installing metal detectors, and banning gang colors took care of it pretty quick though.
Ted

Randomness is fun

Postby Pure Randomness » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:58 pm

U was standing in line with my friend for Perilous Plunge, when the guy next to us sees a puddle and asks us "Do you get wet on this ride" as a cart of soaked riders passes by

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:44 pm

I'm standing in line for Grizley Run/ GL. This lady behind sees a group leaving the exit and says;
lady: i wonder if that happened on this ride.
I say: I'm sure it did. (it was over 90 degrees, so i add): I hope it's cold water.
lady: Well, I better not get wet! I'll sue 'em!.
priceless.
There was a ripple of laughter that shot through the line.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!