Photo TR of Asia (1/22 - a favor to ask!)

Pg. 10 - help me win a new nikon d700!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Photo TR of Asia (1/7-Seoul,Japan,Singapore+Transformers

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 am

That's odd that after all of your traveling you found the Tokyo Subway/Train system complicated. It's giant that's for sure, but it is very well signposted and if you have one of the cards you can seamlessly go from line to line. You have to remember that HK's MTR is so much smaller and newer, they learned a lot from Tokyo I'm sure!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Still in love with your photos. Really makes me want to upgrade my camera.
Caution: Smisty

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JDo217 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:27 pm

SharkTums wrote:That's odd that after all of your traveling you found the Tokyo Subway/Train system complicated. It's giant that's for sure, but it is very well signposted and if you have one of the cards you can seamlessly go from line to line. You have to remember that HK's MTR is so much smaller and newer, they learned a lot from Tokyo I'm sure!

I think it might be my perspective that's off. It's true that the MTR is much smaller, but I think there are some aspects that just make it downright easier to use. The transfer stations are made so that each platform level is a direct transfer, rather than having line 1 on one level and line 2 on another. The main lines have interactive, virtually complete maps of the entire system so that you never have to stop and find out which way to go next.

The main thing about Tokyo's metro was that sometimes it was hard to figure out which station you were at. If you were going 1-3 stops it wasn't a problem. But many of the trains just had the list of stations and only announced which station you were at every 2-3 stations. Most stations were at least clearly labeled but some, the station signs were spaced reallllllly far apart so that unless they announced the station, we didn't know where we were. Granted, tokyo's metro is much older as you say. All of this is just my take as a foreigner.

Singapore, Seoul, and Taipei were really easy to use right off the bat. Shanghai wasn't bad except we couldn't help but feel a little bit unsafe. Back in September when we were there, the line that we had to take everyday to leave our apartment literally crashed 2 days before we got to shanghai because of some signal issues :roll: i know it's one of those things that doesn't happen often but it's still scary to think about

^Thanks!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Nice picture from all over. I reallly miss Japan.
My fundraising page: http://www.tntbob.com

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JDo217 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 am

Hey guys, just posting to say I entered a free giveaway for a Nikon D700. For those of you that speak camera, it's Nikon's entry level full-frame camera..with a $2600+ price tag. Since I'm just a hobbyist, I don't make any money from my photos. I have been eyeing this camera basically since I've been in Hong Kong. When I upgraded to the camera I have now, I was considering the D700 as well but didn't buy it because of pricing issues.

Anyway, each contestant has a unique link. For each unique IP that clicks that link, the contestant gets one more entry into the contest. More entries = more chances = good :) so i'd really appreciate if you guys can help me out here. There are no obnoxious surveys or forms to fill out. just click the link and you can close it right afterwards. Link: http://bit.ly/zhsgHo

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!