TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Road to Cedar Point Tour Official Report!

It had been a while since we had done a TPR Tour to Cedar Point, and we wanted to do something very "road trip", so the idea behind this tour was a "Greatest Hits" of some of the most major parks in the country!

We started out at Six Flags Great Adventure, and ended up at Cedar Point. IMO, two of the best "roller coaster" parks in the country to book end this tour! In the middle, we also hit up some of the best parks in the area - Hersheypark, Knoebel's, Kennywood, Kings Island, just to name a few!

Click the link below and follow along on our "Road to Cedar Point!"

Part One - Six Flags Great Adventure

Part Two - Wildwood & Clementon Lake Park

Part Three - An EPIC update from Knoebels!

Part Four - Hersheypark & East Coast Bash Update!

Part Five - Dorney Park

Part Six - Kennywood

Part Seven - Kings Island *JUST ADDED!*

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Six_Flags_Great_Adventure/TPRs_Road_to_Cedar_Point_Tour_2011/great_adventure_003.jpg

When you have a day that starts with ERT on Nitro and ends with ERT on El Toro...you know it's going to be an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME day!

Click on the link or photo above to see part one of our "Road to Cedar Point" tour! And remember...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

El Toro is just amazing. I don't understand why we haven't seen more Intamin woodies built in the US.

Giant Shout Out to all of the SFGAd crews. They were hustling, friendly, and efficient. Something you don't see at most Six Flags parks yet SFGAd always seems to shine.

WOW...great pictures and definitely doing the add-ons next time I go on a trip! The pictures of Kingda Ka are amazing with going in the restricted areas. I will be getting late night rides since I'm going to Gay Day which is 6pm to 2am, although I'm sure the lights will be on Eltoro

Can't wait to see the rest of The Road to Cedar Point pictures!

El Toro is just amazing. I don't understand why we haven't seen more Intamin woodies built in the US.

Seriously. What. The. Damn?

I think I'm still having difficulty walking properly after El Toro ERT, but I guess 17 rides without leaving the station will do that!

If you are looking for pity, my friend, you shall get none from me.

That was probably the best single day I've ever had at Great Adventure. I think I'm still having difficulty walking properly after El Toro ERT, but I guess 17 rides without leaving the station will do that! Thanks again, TPR and SFGAd!

Thanks again for letting me kick you out of your seat for one ride before I had to go return the Qbots!

Awesome! Can't wait to see more, especially everyone's opinions about Sky Rocket!

Quick spoiler... I LOVED IT!!!!

Seriously, really surprised me, I don't like a lot of coasters and found this one awesome. Even loved it while riding it in a torrential downpour when it felt like I was getting a microdermabrasion facial!!!

That was a great day and the best way possible to end the Northeast Trip. The Night ERT on El Toro was freaking insane and I just want to give a shout out to TPR and SFGAdv for putting on this event, and particuarly for those great backstage tours of Nitro & Kingda Ka. That was freaking amazing.

Totally awesome day and amazing park, minus a certain hungry coaster eating important objects... El Toro is seriously the best thing ever, and I have to 2nd what Elissa said about more Intiman Woodies not being made, every park should want a coaster that can be described as "better than sex".

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Six_Flags_Great_Adventure/TPRs_Road_to_Cedar_Point_Tour_2011/great_adventure_117.jpg

...All clear. Dispatch!

I was talking to a staff member during El Toro ERT and he mentioned turning the lights off. He said they would do everything they could for TPR, and they definitely did a lot for us that day. El Toro is seriously insane, Nitro was running great and Kingda Ka is something to behold. Overall, we had an amazing first day of the trip!

Totally awesome day and amazing park, minus a certain hungry coaster eating important objects... El Toro is seriously the best thing ever, and I have to 2nd what Elissa said about more Intiman Woodies not being made, every park should want a coaster that can be described as "better than sex".

It would have only been better if that important object has smacked one of our tour people in the head!

Totally happy I did the add-on, I was thinking of just Great Adventure on my own, but this was so much better. El Toro was almost more than I could take, I took a break during ERT planning to go back and then realized I just couldn't handle anymore rides. The walkbacks were way beyond what I was expecting, I mean as close as some of these walkbacks get, this was probably as close as you can get while the coasters are actually running. Great way to end the NE trip, looking forward to next years trips.

That was probably the best single day I've ever had at Great Adventure. I think I'm still having difficulty walking properly after El Toro ERT, but I guess 17 rides without leaving the station will do that! Thanks again, TPR and SFGAd!

Thanks again for letting me kick you out of your seat for one ride before I had to go return the Qbots!

Hey, if not for you guys I probably wouldn't have even gone to Great Adventure this year, so I'll gladly wait out 1 train, especially for someone who loves Intamin just a wee bit more than I do