Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

P. 90 - White Canyon Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Re: Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

Postby The SETGO Guys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 pm

The ride vehicles are VERY different from anything else we've ever seen.

Robb, you might find this piece of concept art from Toy Story Mania Interesting. Very simular design.
Midway_Mania_concept_02.jpg
Concept art for Toy Story Midway Mania! :)
Viewed 182 times

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:38 pm

^ Yeah, someone posted that already, and I've seen it before. It still doesn't change what I said, that these ride vehicles are very different. Nothing like them have been used on anything else at any other Disney park that I've seen so far.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:50 pm

robbalvey wrote:^ Yeah, someone posted that already, and I've seen it before. It still doesn't change what I said, that these ride vehicles are very different. Nothing like them have been used on anything else at any other Disney park that I've seen so far.

Does anyone know anything about the next Version of Toy Story Mania going in to Tokyo Disney Sea? Is it going to be a clone...or is it going to be somewhat different? I really haven't heard anything about it.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby la2lvtom » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:08 pm

The SETGO Guys wrote:
robbalvey wrote:^ Yeah, someone posted that already, and I've seen it before. It still doesn't change what I said, that these ride vehicles are very different. Nothing like them have been used on anything else at any other Disney park that I've seen so far.

Does anyone know anything about the next Version of Toy Story Mania going in to Tokyo Disney Sea? Is it going to be a clone...or is it going to be somewhat different? I really haven't heard anything about it.

Its Tokyo Disneysea, they will take the awesome quota up to 11, LOL. Seriously though, it could be the same exact ride but they will somehow make it better.
Top 5 steel : 1. Nemesis, 2. Millenium Force, 3. Incredible Hulk, 4. Tatsu, 5. 10 Inversion coaster
Top 5 wood : 1. El Toro, 2. the Beast, 3. the Voyage, 4. Ghostrider, 5. Hurler (Carowinds)

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d3577b56d9b39d6776e2c864f4fbc53c.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby sspaz1000 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Just finished watching all of the DisneySea videos. Amazing. Hopefully I'll get to watch the Disneyland ones tomorrow.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby scottian » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Robb, I hope you figured out how to use the flashlight. I know it's a hard concept to grasp, and takes some practice and perfection.

But I promise you, it will come in handy one day. Next time you want to make a hat dance.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 pm

la2lvtom wrote:
The SETGO Guys wrote:

Its Tokyo Disneysea, they will take the awesome quota up to 11, LOL. Seriously though, it could be the same exact ride but they will somehow make it better.

Exactly. Like their version of Turtle Talk. Sure, the show is pretty much the same, but they did this VERY elaborate story of how they cut the whole into the ship to be able to talk to the sea animals, and created tons of back story, and mocked up photos of the construction crews building it in turn of the century NYC, etc...

You just went "Wow, in America, they just plop you down in this plain blue theater, but in Tokyo, they build it up to be something really cool!"

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:31 pm

nay wrote:I saw the Duffy display in World of Disney this week and it made me miss Japan. But I still hate him. Can we please replace him with Shiriki instead? Or Chandu?? A tiger cub is way cuter than that dumb bear! Anyway, yeah, Tokyo Disney is amazing and that's all.

Maybe we can combine them into a tiger cub with a evil tiki mask on who loves to play jokes on people (who cares if the punchline is death!) and call him Chandiki? I'd carry him around with me everywhere!
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

TPR's nicest person EVAR!!!

Postby Chroniq » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Great update as always. I feel compelled to g down to the kitchen and find flavors that go well with popcorn.. :) Strawberry popcorn? has that been done before?
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasCoaster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Absolutely amazing update. Its so in depth that I almost feel like I don't need to go. Seriously starting my Japan fund sometime in the near future.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!