Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 am

cal1br3tto wrote:^Lol!

If you're right, then I love how I jumped straight to the assumption that they were the worst ops ever, or underperforming at best. :lmao: Which was it, Larry?

None of them were speaking French. Just taking their sweet time. 5-6 minutes between dispatches.
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:55 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:26 pm

^Gotcha. So yeah, I'm a bit surprised after noting the hustle on previous visits.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Postby jray21 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 pm

We went to the park last Friday and we had a good day overall! It was super hot, but the crowds were pretty light for a Friday. Joker had some issues, and quite a few rides were closed. That was kind of annoying, especially since it was 4th of July weekend, but oh well.

Jewy joined us for the morning, and I had my nephews with me as well. We had a flash pass for two people, and it worked out well between all of us and it not being too busy. I feel kind of bad that my newborn daughters first ever amusement park was Six Flags, I hope she doesn't hold it against me. ;) Jacob has finally hit 42", so he was able to hit a few more rides, but more importantly, the Sky Coaster! He's been wanting to do it for a bit and he loved it! He is not scared of heights at all, so I ended up being a lot more scared on it than he was.

I still can't believe how ridiculously priced the food is. It is more expensive than Disneyland and some baseball stadiums, and the quality is much much lower. Oh well, that's Six Flags! The operations were ok. In general, the employees that work in the kids areas are excellent at SFDK. I've always been extremely impressed at how fun, nice, and kind they are in the kids areas. It's generally the opposite operations on the big rides. Pretty slow, just going through the motions. Anyways, SFDK still seems like one of the better run SF parks I've been to.
SFDKIMG_2417.JPG
Hey, it's the Ray's at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!
SFDKIMG_6820.JPG
Jamie's excited for her fist visit to a theme park!
SFDKIMG_7023.JPG
Harley Quinn still hasn't opened yet.
SFDKIMG_5847.JPG
Just some dummies waiting to ride!
SFDKIMG_0986.JPG
Sign.
SFDKIMG_9266.JPG
Jacob is really excited for his first Sky Coaster!
SFDKIMG_9268.jpg
All ready to go.
SFDKIMG_5739.PNG
He loved it!
SFDKIMG_0347.JPG
We had a buy one get one free offer so we wanted to go again!
SFDKIMG_5648.PNG
He is finally tall enough for Cobra. Why this ride has a 42" in requirement is beyond me.
SFDKIMG_4463.JPG
He's still small enough to like the kids ride.
SFDKIMG_2974.JPG
You can tell how happy we was at how long the cycle times were.
SFDKIMG_5664.JPG
Jewy and Amy enjoyed The Joker while the girls behind them enjoyed the hair time!
SFDKIMG_6007.JPG
Next up was the fastest ride in the park! (I'm not kidding!)
SFDKIMG_5752.PNG
My nephews on the carnival ride.
SFDKIMG_1719.JPG
They enjoyed Medusa as always.
SFDKIMG_5439.JPG
As we were leaving, the swings were stuck in the air with people on it. Sucks to be them!
Last edited by jray21 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 pm.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:39 pm

^Nice mini report. I take it V2 was closed, what other rides/coasters weren't operating? I'll be there for the first time in a couple weeks and I'm wondering what I should expect to not be open.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby scooterdoug » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:04 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^Nice mini report. I take it V2 was closed, what other rides/coasters weren't operating? I'll be there for the first time in a couple weeks and I'm wondering what I should expect to not be open.

I was there last Friday as well. Yep, V2 was closed, the train was in seemingly a thousand pieces in the station. Everything else I walked by seemed to be running, though I didn't walk to every corner of the park, so I could have missed something.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Nice TR! Your kids are brave for riding the Sky Coaster! My daughter is 12 and Flight of The Hippogriff at USH is as brave as she gets. :lmao:
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby jray21 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:30 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^Nice mini report. I take it V2 was closed, what other rides/coasters weren't operating? I'll be there for the first time in a couple weeks and I'm wondering what I should expect to not be open.

V2, Voodoo, Hammerhead, were the ones I remember off the top of my head, and a few of the kids rides in Tava's Jungle Land. Nothing really that major, but my son was annoyed that his favorite Jumping Frog ride was closed. ;)

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:27 pm

^I will admit I'm a little bummed V2 will be closed (unless hell freezes over and Six Flags assembles the train and reopens the ride within the next two weeks lol). I really like the Intamin Impulses I've ridden (Wicked Twister and Possessed), and this one looks even freakier than those. But I'm still super pumped for Joker, Superman, Medusa, and even Harley Quinn, so I have plenty other rides to look forward too.

Thanks for the info.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Skittles » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 am

Not to sound whiny, but does Joker have nylon wheels again? I rode it yesterday evening with some colleagues who wanted to visit the park with me, and it felt slower, and some of the airtime moments weren't very powerful at all. I actually dropped it down a whole spot.

Again, this is not to sound like I'm complaining or annoying, I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks it's been running slower.

^ And yes, to confirm, V2 was still closed yesterday.
Coaster Count - 64

Top 10 under construction as I'm on my trip.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:50 am

^A few people I follow on Instagram said the same thing (maybe it’s you guys I follow lol). Perhaps it got the “Medusa treatment” for whatever reason. Sigh. Hopefully it’s running better in two weeks when I’m there.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!