Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:07 pm

jray21 wrote:I tried upgrading my season pass to a membership. What a nightmare. In classic Six Flags fashion, it didn't work. Of course, I didn't expect it to at all, but thought hey, why not. The issue was with the upgrade portal. You have to use the portal to upgrade and pay for the new membership, then you go back in and put your season pass info in. That's where it stopped working. Of course, the instructions they give you haven't been updated with the correct wording. They said to go to "Finish Upgrade," but that wasn't anywhere. I could figure out where to go, but when I inputed my info it said it didn't find my info. I had to put my pass number, last name, and date of purchase. I had my actual card so I know that wasn't wrong, I know my last name, and I have the email confirmation of when I bought it, and nothing worked. I tried with my upgrade, my son's, and my wife's. Not one of ours worked. So, I got the joy of playing how many clicks does it take to get to the customer service email form. I'm going to the park this weekend, so hopefully they'll have it done by them, but I'm not holding my breath.

I had a very similar experience at SFoG upgrading from a gold SP to Diamond Elite. However, I called the member services number and explained my situation from start to finish. The lady was very helpful and pleasant. After all was said and done, I was credited the full purchase price of my 2018 season pass in the form of Six Flags Bucks (in-park currency that you can use anywhere in your home park) and my 2018 dining pass was moved over to my membership. Honestly, I like the new membership options but the company rolled it out too fast creating all sorts of problems which even park staff don't know how to fix yet. Maybe by the time the 2019 season rolls around the membership buying process will advance past the 'beta' phase.

Having said that, we have been very happy with our Diamond Elite memberships.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Good to know! I'll give them a call on Monday. At Discovery Kingdom it's an even better benefit because of the free one time Dolphin Discovery and Animal one as well!

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:28 pm

I'm not in the exact same situation as you guys, but it's good to hear about a positive experience with the customer service line, just in case I need it. Not that this improves my overall opinion of Six Flags. :devil:
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:47 pm

So, I finally got around to watching a Harley Quinn testing video... Honestly I kind of forgot that it was even being built. That being said, it actually looks like a fun addition. I'm not begging for one to come to a local SF park... But I wouldn't hate it if one did.

That being said... HOLY SH!T THAT THING IS LOUD!!!
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Did Discovery Kingdom bring in ride oops from La Donde to run Joker?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:51 pm

^Hmm, interesting. Last year when I visited in September/October and in November, basically every crew member on Joker was hustling. They also had like a wall full of operations award certificates or somesuch. It definitely helped compensate for some of the delays that can be inherent to RMC trains. Shame if they're slacking at the moment.

(I also liked that there were one or two attendants who had no inclination to assign seats--it's clearly still a policy since others were doing so during the same time periods, so it wasn't just crowd-based.)
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Yeti » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:09 pm

^I think he meant they were speaking French.

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm

^Lol!

If you're right, then I love how I jumped straight to the assumption that they were the worst ops ever, or underperforming at best. :lmao: Which was it, Larry?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:24 pm

I, for one, am very interested in the new Skyline Skywarp ride. A lot of parks might be getting these, so I'm dying to know how it is. I hope someone will post a review when it finally opens.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 pm

As one who has operated Valleyfair's Larson Loop, I think I'm more interested with how it will be operated, especially in comparison to the Larson Loop. I also am curious as to how it will handle rain.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!