Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Manic Monte » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:41 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:^ You got it. SFDK used to be my homepark, and yes, you are right .

Also, much care has been taking by Six Flags to not build loud roller coasters near the animals in the inner workings of the park. Instead, building on the outer perimeter of the property.

Part of me wonders if they may have had some animal-related proposals in their 5-year plan that they shelved in favor of these thrill rides because of everything that's happening with Seaworld. Just a personal musing.

Interesting theory that wouldn't surprise me, actually.

Also, after nearly a decade of being the premier thrill park of the bay area, CGA now has the guns to apply some pressure.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:05 am

Manic Monte wrote:After nearly a decade of being the premier thrill park of the bay area, CGA now has the guns to apply some pressure.

If not for Joker, it's say they had already passed DK up. I'd also wager given CGA's ambitious master plan, it's only a matter of time before they leave DK firmly in the dust. Cedar Fair is investing an amazing amount of time and money in it's west coast parks.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:10 am

singemfrc wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:After nearly a decade of being the premier thrill park of the bay area, CGA now has the guns to apply some pressure.

If not for Joker, it's say they had already passed DK up. I'd also wager given CGA's ambitious master plan, it's only a matter of time before they leave DK firmly in the dust. Cedar Fair is investing an amazing amount of time and money in it's west coast parks.

SFDK needs to follow in CGA's footsteps and get part of the park rezoned. Maybe consider building a parking structure, and use the left over land for expansion.
Tigga, please!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:24 am

Just a bit of early trip planning for next July. My plan would be to fly in to the area over the weekend, CGA Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday either a day off or a spare day in case of weather, and then Thursday or Friday at SFDK. I am willing to spend both at the park, but could I do the park in a single day hitting all credits/worthwhile flats/best of the rest?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:12 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:Just a bit of early trip planning for next July. My plan would be to fly in to the area over the weekend, CGA Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday either a day off or a spare day in case of weather, and then Thursday or Friday at SFDK. I am willing to spend both at the park, but could I do the park in a single day hitting all credits/worthwhile flats/best of the rest?

In the slow season you could easily just walk in and hit everything. July is quite busy, but if you're willing to buy a flash pass, you could still do everything easily. I'd wager you could probably squeeze everything in without it if you were smart, but it would probably be a lot more planning and hurrying and less fun and freedom to roam.

Joker is currently the star attraction and you want to start there on busy days. If you get to the front gate more than 30 minutes before gates open, you can probably assure yourself of walking onto the first Joker train, but bet on the line being a lot longer before you can get a second lap in. Hit Superman second, Wonder Woman third, V2 next if it's running, then do White Water Falls if you're into water rides, then go to the Land area to hit Medusa, Kong, Sky Screamer, and Cobra. Then do the less popular areas of the park including Boomerang if you really want that credit, Hammerhead, etc.

Harley Quinn will probably be open by then and it will be new so it will be popular, so I'd reckon probably doing that before or after Wonder Woman.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TwistyTie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:17 am

I feel like this should have gone to SFA and SFDK should save money for some kind of launched coaster.
TTD is better than Maverick (at least in the front seat :lover: )
Click to see the coasters I've ridden:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:19 am

TwistyTie wrote:I feel like this should have gone to SFA and SFDK should save money for some kind of launched coaster.

They have a pretty good one already

1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Went to the park today to get my passes processed. Worked perfectly with being scanned off my smartphone and we got our 2018 free refill cups at the cartoon kitchen and used the freestyle machine instantly. No issues getting our lunch snack or dinner.

The Joker didn't open until about 11 am despite some worker riding it around 10:50 if not before that. Wonderman opened later then it, not sure when. Superman also didn't open at 10:30 exactly and right after it's first public riders it went down again for about 8-12 mins, I assume someone just complained about some sound or maybe dropped something while riding or maybe someone just had some protein sorta spill.

V2 also started running, I figured it would of been under refurb since it looked taken apart in Captain Lee's ride teaser. Also I noticed they added a bald eagle encloser and bob cat while all the elephants and their signage are gone. Wonder what they'll do with the elephant space now.

PS: the fish and chips place in the food court area was really slow at 4:16pm to at least 5:30-ish and the fish kinda sucked. Really should of just gone with kickin chicken for dinner.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:20 am

Thought this was cool and worth a share. NewsPlusNotes posted these aerial/google shots of a before/after of the Joker/Superman/Wonder Woman area. Pretty cool to see it from above. They really squeezed WW in there.
SFDK Joker & WW B&A.jpg
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 am

boldikus wrote:Thought this was cool and worth a share. NewsPlusNotes posted these aerial/google shots of a before/after of the Joker/Superman/Wonder Woman area. Pretty cool to see it from above. They really squeezed WW in there.

That's pretty cool. I've been looking at the satellite pics of the area and wish they could acquire the land across the way (along with the hotel). They could build a pedestrian bridge over Fairgrounds drive. Hell, throw a gondola lift/skyway system for convenience too. Or maybe use that land to build a parking structure, and expand the park there. Just wishful thinking.
pipe_dream.jpg
Pipe dreams...
Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!