TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

SFDK's skyline is absolutely stacked. The weird part, is when you're in the park it doesnt feel as cramped as it looks from the parking lot etc;

I was just thinking more or less the same thing. From the parking lot (and I assume the freeway) it looks crowded with rides. They sure have done well with packing things in there, and I totally believe they could get more if they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the park this past Friday. WW is looking great! Though it may look massive and cramped in this location it fits perfectly. One of the supports are situated in the pathway used to walk from the parking lot to the entrance and WW will definitely swing over it. The should be awesome for both riders and guests walking towards the entrance.

Walking up to the front gate. They picked the perfect spot for Wonder Woman. It will be my first ride of the day.IMG_6147.thumb.JPG.a3b6c1aa66283ffbfb076acd268657f5.JPG

What I'm seeing first glance while standing in line is that this Discovery only rotates in one direction vs rotating clockwise and counterclockwise like its other brothers and sisters already in operation.

Walking up to the front gate. They picked the perfect spot for Wonder Woman. It will be my first ride of the day.[attachment=0]IMG_6147.JPG[/attachment]

What I'm seeing first glance while standing in line is that this Discovery only rotates in one direction vs rotating clockwise and counterclockwise like its other brothers and sisters already in operation.

This is definitely an interesting setup. Just proves even more that limited space really isn't an issue.

Yes this where the line starts and this is how close Wonder Women swings near you. The breeze is wonderful. The ride swings right of the ride's signage. Obviously the clearance is ok it like a headchopper while standing in line.IMG_6150.thumb.JPG.af2465c8b8d0cbd445881e098f94ab4e.JPG

And maybe a 6 feet into the line from the ride entrance this is how close she gets to you.

IMG_6152.thumb.JPG.fb26701650e02bea82977cdf647566c0.JPG

IMG_6151.thumb.JPG.635e2ea3d20850c53cc324a05c786659.JPG

Short trip report for a short visit.

Went to SFDK on Wednesday 5/31. I get to the Bay Area a few times a year, I guess SFDK is my "home park" (by default). I went to check out Wonder Woman and ride Joker. Arrived mid afternoon as a bunch of school buses were leaving. Wait times were minimal to zero. Medusa had no one waiting for the front row. Superman was one train wait. Joker's line was barely beyond the stairs. Wonder Woman was very similar to Maxair and Delirium, it was interesting being almost inverted next to Superman. And for extra dizzyness, try watching the Joker train run through the course from Wonder Woman (or vice versa). I didn't get to walk the path to / from the parking lot while Wonder Woman was running.

Perhaps the main indicator how tight of a squeeze the new ride is in -- the road the SF buses use now has a ride footer in it, with barriers to keep the buses from running into it.

At the end of the day, Joker riders who didn't have someone waiting in their row were allowed to ride again. Very nice. Thank you Six Flags.

I realize this is the wrong thread, but riding Joker repeatedly has me even more excited for Meaner Streak 2.0

Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a trip report for yesterday – Father’s Day. When we got to The Joker after the rope drop, it wasn’t running, so we went to Superman. Afterwards, we did The Joker, which surprisingly had a minimal wait - sat in the very back row. When we went to ride Wonder Woman, it started experiencing technical difficulties with the restraints after we had actually gone on it. So, we had to exit. Hammerhead wasn’t operating at all. White Water Safari was down when we wanted to ride it. When we came back a second time, we started waiting in line for it and then were told it was experiencing an extended delay, so we all had to exit. Boomerang was down due to technical difficulties, while Tazmanian Devil also wasn’t working. When I was finally able to ride Wonder Woman, it was quite the rush. I really liked how high we went and the back-and-forth swinging. Overall, I thought it was an excellent ride. When we first tried to ride The Penguin, it wasn’t operating. Thankfully, later on it was working. The lines moved really smoothly, more so than I’ve ever experienced. On the flip side, there were more rides that were closed/experiencing technical difficulties than ever before.

My sister wants to visit Waterworld and she has a SFDK gold pass. Are there still passholder discounts or add-ons, or have all the promotionals ended?

Update: there apparently is an upgrade from Gold pass to season Slide-and-Ride pass that I didn't notice right away, I think it was $20. The upgrade says you have to process at SFDK. However, my sister was still able to get into Waterworld with her SFDK pass and scanning the barcode on the e-ticket, although I think she still needs to get to SFDK to officially process it onto her pass.

So when the newsletter says "Each morning, bring in any Coca-Cola® product with you along with your admission ticket or season pass to experience exclusive ride times from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m." I assume that means an empty coke can and not like my coke branded coozie, right?

So when the newsletter says "Each morning, bring in any Coca-Cola® product with you along with your admission ticket or season pass to experience exclusive ride times from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m." I assume that means an empty coke can and not like my coke branded coozie, right?

Yes, that means an empty Coke can or bottle. I did the Coke exclusive ride time last year and it was awesome. I got about 5-6 rides on Medusa and then a few rides on Kong (those were the only coasters open). This year is even better since the ride time is for Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker.

Yes, that means an empty Coke can or bottle. I did the Coke exclusive ride time last year and it was awesome. I got about 5-6 rides on Medusa and then a few rides on Kong (those were the only coasters open). This year is even better since the ride time is for Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker.

Nice! Now my question is can it be a can of something else coke makes, like Fanta...